The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

I know this is basically a Lucha Underground thread, but Lucha Libre London is back on at York Hall on 23rd and 24th June next year, 10% off tickets till tomorrow with the code SANTO100.

http://www.luchalibreworld.co.uk

The Saturday show is the day before PROGRESS Chapter Whatever too.

Site says online sales closed only selling at door. Seems odd 6 months before the show. Will they actually get any big names or just stick British wrestlers in masks?

Shame no further Lucha Future shows, that was awesome.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay that's a bit mental, maybe the system's just offline right now and that's the page that displays when it is.

El Hijo del Santo and Dr Wagner Jr are fairly big names, it's pretty much the same crew every year.

Was Lucha Future the Royal Albert Hall show..?

• Paid Members

It won't be big names - apart from Santo & Wagner - but it will be genuine luchadors. There'll be a guest match from Lucha Britannia and you'll most likely get to see El Hijo Del Santo Jr, the latest generation, early in his career.

Okay that's a bit mental, maybe the system's just offline right now and that's the page that displays when it is.

El Hijo del Santo and Dr Wagner Jr are fairly big names, it's pretty much the same crew every year.

Was Lucha Future the Royal Albert Hall show..?

Yeah the Albert Hall show. Only 4 matches but a true spectacle.

What's the best way to watch Lucha Underground? I want to start from the beginning as feel as though I'm missing out, but it doesn't look like it's getting released on DVD or something like Netflix any time soon.

The Best way is to change your region on iTunes to U.S and purchase the seasons. 

There obviously is free ways too. Noticed recently mind that El Rey have started having video removed so are harder to see now.

Regarding episode 16 with Sexy Star vs Mundo cage match Main event,

I simply cannot say enough good things about LU.

I love it. Not as much as S1 and S2 but I think its gonna become greater soon. Especially interested in the whole Police detective having 1 half of the gold coin.

battle of the bulls matches have been excellent and the Jeremia matches whenever hes in them have been superb.

Love where his character is going too.

How likeable is the mack ?

Love it!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed the end of this weeks show, the Death Match between Azteca JR and Matanza, then Mysterio coming after Matanza was particularly good, great stuff.

Think I'm right in saying this is the last show before the mid season break, they have some nice storylines bubbling....Mundo/Mack, Mysterio/Matanza, Killshot/Fox and the whole saga with Puma. Add to that what I am hoping is a more prominent role for Pentagon once it returns. Happy days.

• Paid Members

In the summer apparently.

A good episode. Matanza/Dragon was fantastic and the ending was exciting stuff. Perfect booking too. Matanza has really grown into the role and is a brilliant performer. His beatdown of Dragon and later Rey was brutal stuff. Dario shutting down the temple is the perfect way to go into the break.

Also I have to say how great the booking is for Mundo/Mack All Night Long. Mundo is a perfect physical specimen so him beating Mack fairly quickly and be able to choose the title match stipulation...it just makes perfect sense for him to choose All Night Long as his attempt to expose and humiliate Mack. Wonderful.

• Paid Members

That's a terrible name. Then again, I always felt he was a brilliant wrestler and character in spite of his name- because it isn't great ether. He turned up at Konnan's promotion The Crash. That's really the name of the promotion?! Christ.

Archived