The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Few pictures have come online. It's being presented as an old meat locker converted for wrestling which is awesome. I love the Temple but the wrestlers have basically exhausted it for crazy moments, a change of scenery brings new opportunities for madness. I'm excited to see it.

• 3 months later...

Yep, good stuff to begin with. Still more roster to be revealed as not everyone was in there. Mostly jobbers for Pentagon to crush actually but it picked up half way through.

Kobra Moon and Catrina looked incredible. They're gonna keep me waiting for Ivelisse!

Creepy doll!~

Cracking way to kick off the new series. Something that's bothered me since series 3 (although was very aware of in 1 and 2) and I apologise if this is a daft question but I genuinely don't know the answer;

That slap sound that occurs for every strike, is it a sound effect? It seems to be the exact same sound every time, same pitch same tone. Surely it can't be the guy slapping his leg? 

I now can't not hear it.

• Paid Members

Pretty good episode this week. Much preferred it to the season opener. Weird seeing them book Pentagon so strong but welcome, I'm just so used to them jobbing him out. Interesting hint of a face turn for Matanza. Curious to see what they do with Swagger. Swagger is actually huge though so I'm worried he's going to make guys like Mil Muertes and Matanza look like dwarfs. Not a fan of the new Temple though, looks low budget as hell. Reminds me of Impact.

I also preferred this week to last.The season opener was great as a way of introducing a few new roster members, but this week starts to kick off some of the storylines. Definitely agree that the budget cuts are noticeable, too. "Big Bad Steve" is the same lad who played Vibora last season, so if the reptile tribe's still a thing then presumably he's doing double duty to save a few quid on not getting someone else in (or to pay for Swagger). There were some weird edits around the musical interludes as well. I'm guessing the band was filmed separately to the audience but they were trying to like it look like everyone was there at the same time, which ended up looking a bit strange. It's still easily one of the best/most fun wrestling shows on TV though, and the triple threat Grave Consequences match next week could be a cracker.

1 hour ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

I also preferred this week to last.The season opener was great as a way of introducing a few new roster members, but this week starts to kick off some of the storylines. Definitely agree that the budget cuts are noticeable, too. "Big Bad Steve" is the same lad who played Vibora last season, so if the reptile tribe's still a thing then presumably he's doing double duty 

Vibora GotGot decapitated at the end of season 3 by daga.

Archived