11 years ago today...

JNLister

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nigel McGuiness was in the crowd. Any other wrestlers?

I was there, if I count, as was Jonny Storm. But I was thinking that there must be more people than that.

I remember the Silver Vision massive ticket rip-off. And there I was, thinking I'd got front row seats for SummerSlam.... <grumble>

• Moderators
There was talk at the time of a Flair-Slaughter match on the show, though I don't know how reliable that would have been given the Observer > Wrestlecall > Bloke who phoned Wrestlecall > My mate storyline.

They did have a match on Superstars/Wrestling Challenge about that time, so it's possible. It's the one were Mountie debuted that huge shockstick to cost Sarge the match.

• Paid Members

Totally random memory: the day before tickets went on sale, I met the (uni student) friends who were going to get my ticket during school break to hand over the cash. I wasn't paying attention to time and wound up late to my next class. Upon my explanation that I was late because "I had to meet someone", the teacher assumed I'd been off meeting a girl from another school. As she'd expressed this assumption in front of the class, I fraudulently chose not to set her straight.

Archived