New Scene Wrestling Presents....Friday 4th November

FishAndChips

Results:

1. No Disqualification Match: Mark Andrews def. Eddie Dennis

2. Submission Match: Shaun Davis def. Mike Dee (w/ Holly Dee)

3. Ladder Match: Second City Collective (Ryan Smile & Pete Dunne) def. The Hunter Brothers

4. Dave Mastiff def. Rockstar Spud

5. NSW Hardcore Title Match: Andreas Rebellious def. Abbas The Iranian Warrior

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright. Here it goes. Clips have started popping up on YouTube so I'll include some links in my post as well (all credit goes to the original uploaders).

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, this was my first ever British wrestling show. I've been following the UK scene on the Internet since the (original) FWA days and am very well aware of the top BritWres names but I had never been to a show before (since up until two months ago I lived outside of England). Then a few days ago I stumbled upon a Facebook link advertising this show and was immediately intrigued. I had been wanting to see BritWres live for years now but I didn't want to go to just any show. It had to be a show where I knew at least some of the people on the card and this was the case here. Plus, the tickets were pretty cheap and the show was close to where I live so that was a factor as well. Anyway, like I mentioned, it having recognisable names on the card was the main thing that made me go to this show. I'm very well familiar with Rockstar Spud, Dave Mastiff & Joel Redman's work, and Alpha Female & Shanna are two of my three current favourite European female wrestlers (the third one being Britani Knight) so those 5 people were the main draw for me. Plus, I recently discovered Valkabious and thought he had a great look but I hadn't seen him in action yet so prospect of seeing MVK live intrigued me as well. And, after I saw her in one of FWA's Youtube videos a while back, Holly Dee was also somebody who I wanted to see in action. The rest of the guys on the card I had either never heard of or heard of but never even seen a photo of.

Now as for the show itself I must say it was pretty good. Going in I expected it to be a good one (at least the matches with the talent I knew) but the show ended up exceeding my expectations, wrestling-wise. There were no bad matches on the card and most of the matches were pretty good. I've got no complaints about the show, wrestling-wise. However, I wasn't too fond of the crowd. It's not that they were bad or anything like that. They were a fine crowd. It's just that I felt they weren't consistently into the action as much as I would've hoped for which in turn kind of hurt my enjoyment of the show. There was this one section that was very rowdy but outside of that the rest of the crowd was kind of hard to get a good, sustained response out of, I felt. There'd be a person here or there that was really getting into it but mostly it was people who weren't all that invested, for the most part. Every now and again they would get into it but as far being really involved in the show I felt a lot of people weren't. My section was the perfect example of that. I'd try to get people to chant or clap and would end up failing miserably most of the time and it wasn't like I was doing some sort of fancy, smarky chants or anything. It was just normal, common-sense wrestling chants. Outside of this little kid in the first row, a guy on my left and myself I felt that my section of the crowd was kind of weak. In fact, one of the heels flat out called us out for it and referred to us as "the boring people", which I got a pop out of. Anyway, maybe it's just me. I don't know. The smallest wrestling show I had been to prior to this one was an AWR show with 700 people in attendance and RVD in the main event so maybe that's why my expectations were different. I'm used to bigger crowds that are really hot for the action and reacting big time to the wrestlers. Maybe being in a smaller setting like NSW makes it harder for people to get into it and really get involved in the show. I don't know and I don't have a similar experience to compare it to so maybe that was normal. Anyway, don't get me wrong, I still had a good time but I just wish the crowd would've been hotter and more consistent.

I'm horrible at estimating attendance so I wouldn't even try to. I'll just say that most of chairs they had set up ended up being used.

The show started with The Black Diamonds coming out for a promo. So basically that's Valkabious, Abbas The Iranian Warrior and two guys who I don't know. The main thing here was MVK going in the crowd and getting in Joey Starr's face (Joey was in the crowd for some of the matches). Good heel stuff.

1. No Disqualification Match: "White Lightning" Mark Andrews def. "The Pride of Wales" Eddie Dennis. Dennis cut a solid pre-match promo. Just your typical heel stuff. The rowdy section of the crowd was giving him crap about him being from Wales. He talked about how this wasn't going to turn into in a No Dq match like it was supposed to - he wasn't getting hit with chairs, slammed on the ramp, etc. That actually ended up being true. They wrestled a pretty basic match. It was a fine opener. Not that much of a crowd reaction though, IIRC.

2. Submission Match: Shaun "The Hammer" Davis def. "Loco" Mike Dee (w/ Holly Dee). I had never seen either of those guys before so my first impression of them was "Damn, those guys look like wrestlers are supposed to look like". Good physique on both of them. Also, let me just say that Holly Dee is very, very easy on the eyes. The match wasn't as submission-based as one might expect as there were only a few actual submission holds applied and not that much body part work. Solid match though. As expected Holly kept interefering to help her man. At one point, while both guys were fighting on the outside, Davis grabbed Holly by the throat as if he was going to chokeslam her but then kissed her instead. Then right before the finish Davis pushed Mike into Holly (who was standing on the apron) and she fell to the outside which then allowed Davis to put an armbar on Mike and make him tap.

3. "Cash It To Smash It" Ladder Match: Second City Collective (Ryan Smile & Pete Dunne) def. The Hunter Brothers. I'd never seen or even heard of any of these guys before but I must say they put on a very good show. Some solid pre-match mic work by the heels. Lots of good spots in this one, including wrestlers being thrown into the guardrails, a few dives, several spots with the ladder, etc. Smile in particular took some great bumps while Dunne came off quite well as far as being a heel, IMO. In a funny moment, as the match was going on you could see the ladder was kind of falling apart and when it came time for the finish it looked as if the ladder was almost done for, even though the ref was trying to hold it in place. Anyway, right before the finish the ladder fell on top of the ref and for a second there it looked like the ladder wouldn't be able to support anyone climbing on it so naturally there was a big pop when one of the heels managed to climb the ladder and win the match. The ladder kind of turned the Second City Collective babyface. They even stomped it a bit afterwards lol. Strong ovation for the heels after the match.

Clips:

Dive from the ladder gone wrong:

Insane ladder fall:

4. "The Human Hate Machine" Dave Mastiff def. Rockstar Spud. Man, Mastiff looks absolutely massive in person and everything he does looks like it hurts. Spud was his usual great self and his entrance never gets old for me. Like I mentioned in the beginning, overall the crowd wasn't as responsive as I would've liked them to be and a lot of the times when a babyface was making a comeback they weren't there completely to support the comeback. They weren't there for everything Spud did too but I thought of all the babyfaces on the card Spud got the most out of them as far getting them to clap and cheer for him. It was just great seeing him work his magic. Like for example with me. As soon as I'd try to start a "Let's go Rockstar" chant, or a "Let's go Spud" chant or start clapping in support he'd immediately turn his head toward me (while still selling the effects of Mastiff's offense) as if to let the audience know "Hey, listen to what that dude's doing and start doing it yourselves". And they did - not every time he did that, but most of the time. He sold like a champ too. Spud's just awesome. Mastiff's too for that matter. It was just great seeing two of the UK's best do their thing. Very enjoyable big man vs. little man match.

The finish:

15-minute intermission.

5. NSW Hardcore Title Match: Andreas Rebellious def. Abbas The Iranian Warrior

Archived