Your favorite character revamps

Ron Simmons

• Paid Members

I also loved the change from Jamal to Umaga. Initially the revamp did nothing for me, but when he wound up playing the character to perfection, he was a World title win waiting to happen, had he been able to overcome his problems I'm sure he'd have had his chance by now.

I also very much enjoyed Viscera to Big Daddy V...

I also loved the change from Jamal to Umaga. Initially the revamp did nothing for me, but when he wound up playing the character to perfection, he was a World title win waiting to happen, had he been able to overcome his problems I'm sure he'd have had his chance by now.

Speaking of Big Vis, I did enjoy the change from 'whoomp there it is Mabel' to ' Im gonna legdrop your face and break it' King Mabel

The Kane unmasking was one of the rare times I was bothered about Kane. From the same sort of era, John Cena's change from smiley tights guy to rapper was obviously a move that worked out for him.

• Paid Members
The Kane unmasking was one of the rare times I was bothered about Kane. From the same sort of era, John Cena's change from smiley tights guy to rapper was obviously a move that worked out for him.

I liked masked Kane in his later form. When he unmasked, I was initially excited to see what he looked like, but I never really enjoyed the character from that point. In some ways I think it hurt his career.

Matt Hardy to 'V1' was a revamp I also really enjoyed, totally forgot about it till something in the Smackdown anniversary thread sparked my memory.

I hate what Hardy became, but back then he was one of the best things on Smackdown.

I was gonna put this. He became an absolute monster, shame they didn't do more with the man in the end. He looked like a genuine bad ass and with Striker by his side just made him look bigger and more menacing.

The Undertaker used to be great at this. From 1990 to about 2005 he used to freshen his character up every couple of years or so. My favourite version was when he became the evil Ministry Undertaker, it was so stupid and over the top, I loved it. Especially that version of his theme with the electric guitar. To a young boy back then I thought it was cool as fuck.

Oddly I'm sure I read somewhere that Undertaker hated that version of the character. I thought it was great.

I was going to go with Mick Foley going from Cactus Jack to Mankind but Ian beat to the punch and right he was to as well.

Can we count Rey Mysterio going from maskless babyman back to the masked Lucha that he's now ten times as famous for being?

Randy Orton from Evolutions brash, young blue chipper to the near psychotic 'viper'.

Scotty Flamingo to Raven.

Archived