Ric Flair is 'Randy the Ram'

Snitsky's back acne

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love Flairs life.

If having US$1.7 million in debt and earning $22k per month wasn't enough to cover the bills, then I'd pass.

Quite clearly Flair is living well beyond his means but has been too 'spoilt' by himself to not be somebody and live like one. He'd be better off declaring bankruptcy if he can and start afresh or he's going to be a sad death waiting to happen either in the ring and/or penniless.

• Paid Members

Flair owns assets. No celebrity is ever on their arse if they have name value, even if they are in debt. If Flair wanted to get out of debt, he'd sell his mansion and his cars and all his assets. $1.7 million is far less than the shit Hogan was in, and Hogan worked himself out of very nicely over the last two years, with the over priced supercards, business deals and ... well ... TNA. People with name value in wrestling will always have money making opinions. There are two many money marks in the business for the likes of them to suffer.

Flair owns assets. No celebrity is ever on their arse if they have name value, even if they are in debt. If Flair wanted to get out of debt, he'd sell his mansion and his cars and all his assets. $1.7 million is far less than the shit Hogan was in, and Hogan worked himself out of very nicely over the last two years, with the over priced supercards, business deals and ... well ... TNA. People with name value in wrestling will always have money making opinions. There are two many money marks in the business for the likes of them to suffer.

If this is the case, then is Flair either irresponsible with money (which the article and other reports in the past suggest a strong case of), living in denial or both?

Though as for "No celebrity is ever on their arse if they have name value, even if they are in debt", that might not be the case of your stage name is Gary Glitter.

• Paid Members
If this is the case, then is Flair either irresponsible with money (which the article and other reports in the past suggest a strong case of), living in denial or both?

Well thats no secret. If Flair feels he doesnt have to stop living the gimmick and the lifestyle, he probably wont. Not the smartest or healthiest way to live your life, but the ones who can get away with it wont stop. I bet 95% of his day is spent with people kissing his arse and telling him he's the man. You just have to see the Hall of Fame or the WWE DVD's over the years, with everyone telling stories of how "Naitch hasnt slowed down". It would probably be a culture shock if he slowed down.

Though as for "No celebrity is ever on their arse if they have name value, even if they are in debt", that might not be the case of your stage name is Gary Glitter.

Rock n Roll part 1 and Rock n Roll Christmas will live in my heart forever, though. Its still real to me.

• Paid Members
If having US$1.7 million in debt and earning $22k per month wasn't enough to cover the bills, then I'd pass.

Quite clearly Flair is living well beyond his means but has been too 'spoilt' by himself to not be somebody and live like one. He'd be better off declaring bankruptcy if he can and start afresh or he's going to be a sad death waiting to happen either in the ring and/or penniless.

Despite the debt Flair lives a grand lifestyle and is doing work he loves doing. What more can a person want out of life?

Like Ian said, people are always going to pay him good money because he's Ric Flair.

A comment posted by someone on Facebook about the Ric Flair article that made me smile....

'flair is like grandpa. do you tell the family when you walk in on grandpa whacking off? no. you show respect, look the other way, and go do something grandpa taught you how to do. that is grandpa. that is ric flair. he forgets. he slaps the nurses ass. at the end of the day he makes us smile. deal with it.'

• Paid Members
Cageside Seats has noted his legal options might be somewhat limited given that in his autobiography he writes:

I dont think thats the issue. The article makes it seem like he's the walking dead at the moment. At a period in time he had a heart condition, but he doesnt currently suffer from what the article said. At one point he did, but that was yonks ago. The new Observer radio tells it far better than me, but Meltzer basically said he no longer has the heart condition that the article talks about. Its a bit of a hatchet job on Flair anyway. I'd imagine he'd got good grounds to sue. Flairs someone you dont need to do a "LOLz put this in about him" style article, because of how he's lived his life there should be enough material to fill without having to exaggerate his health issues.

Probably the best thing about that piece Meltzer does on him, is talking about his childhood. Apparently Flair grew up during a period where his parents stressed like fuck over their money troubles during a period of depression. So when Flair got money, he couldnt care less. He lives in spite of the attitude his parents had about money. Its not for everyone, but he's enjoying himself. I cant imagine he's the sad figure they are painting him out to be.

• Moderators

Handsome Mark Madden's view.

A Big House on the Big Side of Town

by Mark Madden August 26, 2011

A Big House on the Big Side of Town

by Mark Madden

I read the Grantland.com article on Ric Flair.

I don

• Paid Members

Have you seen Marvelous Mark now? He looks like he's got about three weeks left? But he's doing well for himself, so fair play. He always confused me because he had the makings of a good commentator, but the ingredients were all wrong. He was overbearing, bad to look at, annoying and always tried to put himself over by using insider references. And you could never compete with Scott Hudsons beast voice.

IMG_7991[2]%20MARK.JPG

• Moderators

Insider references really need to be banned from wrestling broadcasts, and Madden was one of the worst for it. I still found it funny when he called DDP leatherface though, and the time Lex Luger totally buried Mark after Mark said Lex had 4% bodyfat as opposed to 3.

Archived