Chair shots to the head

Seratonin

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I miss em, miss all the violent hardcore stuff really, as a fan I like em, if I was a worker, I'd probably feel differently.

Don't get me wrong, I like hardcore stuff too. At the same time I can see how it's devalued the use of objects in matches. Remember how hard Earthquake looked when he no sold those savage chair shots from Boss Man? Would that work half as well now, after seeing Mick Foley take god knows how many shots right to the head?

Don't get me wrong, I like hardcore stuff too. At the same time I can see how it's devalued the use of objects in matches. Remember how hard Earthquake looked when he no sold those savage chair shots from Boss Man? Would that work half as well now, after seeing Mick Foley take god knows how many shots right to the head?

Well no, but then would the stuff pre earthquake and boss man chair shots look as good after that? The hardcore stuff raised the bar, probably too far and to the point now where very, very little makes me go "Fucking ell" anymore. Even CZW's death matches have toned down to the point they're not jumping off buildings through barbed wire and shit anymore.

The devalues already happened, for me anyway.

• Paid Members
I figured everyone would be in agreement that smashing someone in the head with a piece of metal shouldn't be brought back.

Yes, but the question was whether we would see them again, not whether we should. The should part is just a natural part of the discussion.

what I never got was how bad it was supposed to be if people put their hands up as it was alleged to make it look like a work as some idiots said. Surely in a real chair shot situation you would put your hands up though, therefore not putting your hands it makes it looks more like a work and stupidly dangerous

Well with that logic, every time a wrestler throws a punch or a kick to the head the guy should be trying to cover up/block the shot.

Archived