smackdown spoilers

xear

Not Smackdown, but NXT which was on the same taping I think; Another really fun match in the Trent Barretta/Tyson Kidd series. It got plenty of time, started slowly and built quite well into a hot last couple of minutes. Some neat spots too, and the crowd seemed into it.

I imagine a lot of folk don't watch NXT - I don't, but it's definitely worth checking out imo.

Weren't they always re-taping parts of Smackdown back in '03, because Angle & Brock kept blowing spots?

Can't remember this one but I remember Angle and Undertaker I think had to redo the Newton Hughes (Triangle, pin/pass out) finish again in an empty arena because they fucked up the shot. That must have been a difficult one to do. And I think they had to do another empty arena reshoot of something with Kane - again a fucker to film that to avoid the fact no-one was there.

Didn't much enjoy Daniel Bryan's match. Far preferred his match with Del Rio last week. Did anyone else catch Bryan's youtube video where he demonstrated his submission? Nice little rebuttal against Michael Cole in there. We should get to see and hear that on SmackDown.

What the funk was up with Sin Cara's lighting going in to disco mode?

Hopefully Wade Barrett rebuilds himself. He's got the goods, had a terrific match with Trent Baretta on Superstars and talks well.

Far preferred his match with Del Rio last week.

Definitely. Bryan/Alberto was better

Christian/Bryan was still enjoyable, but seemed a bit directionless and ended quite abruptly. It could've been doing with a closing stretch with some nearfalls and suchlike.

• Paid Members

I didn't like Bryan/Christian as much as I thought I would, but I enjoyed the show overall. Even if it was a reshoot, I really enjoyed Sin Cara vs Heath Slater. Hunico looked pretty damn good, although I'm still not keen on the fact they've recast the character. The way they hyped him up initially as the artist formerly know as Mistico, only to change him kinda ruins him for me. It's a character being pushed rather than a person, or a person's portrayal of said character.

Bret Hart would be a fun GM full-time on Smackdown, he wasn't anything spectacular, but the fact he added a fresh dimension to the show in spite of that shows how stale Teddy Long has become. Either turn him heel or replace him, WWE.

Archived