Raw 23/08/11

d-d-d-dAz

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's no coincidence that Ian gets in these long winded debates frequently. It's an ugly trait and I should know as I've tried to drill my opinions a lot before. My girlfriend must be sick of the amount I criticise mainstream hip hop and rap and the culture. Bloody Drake, Kanye West, J Cole etc...

I can go on a lot but I don't even think I go on as long as you.

Anyway, according to a fan report from someone at Raw posted on PWTorch, Punk got the loudest reactions and the crowd were about 70/30 in favour of Punk. Also, there were supposedly loud Benoit chants which were muted (somehow) and the crowd couldn't hear the Lauranitus and Triple H backstage segment so didn't react as well as expected when Nash returned.

I dont think its been dropped. But you're right that he/she hasn't chimed in since Triple H became the COO. The stand with the laptop is still there though, which is what leads me to believe it hasnt been totally dropped. I think they're trying to get people to kinda forget about it, and then one day Triple H is going to be making a big announcement and get cut off by the chime out of the blue. Might provoke a decent reaction too after a long spell without it. I reckon it will soon be revealed who it is too, my money being on someone like Steph, HBK, Vince or Triple H all along.

Yeh I think the fact that it's still there each week and we haven't heard from it is because when we finally hear it go off in a few weeks or whenever it'll get a reaction. I predict Triple H will tell Kevin Nash he is banned from attending Raw or something, at that point the email will go off, Cole will go to read it, nothing's there though, then Nash walks over to it, closes it, and reveals he is the GM or something.

• Paid Members

The laptop GM was a fucking horrible idea from the moment it became obvious that WWE didn't actually have any idea who it should be, which was about one week after it started. Unbelievably it's been going for over a fucking year now. The entire concept of a 'mystery' character is to keep the audience interested in who it is, and to tease the big reveal. However, they haven't done this whatsoever, the anonymous GM seems to have no agenda at all and the audience has been given no reason to give a fuck who it might be. It's total wrestlecrap.

I hoped that HHH would kill the gimmick as soon as he took up the COO role, just by closing the laptop and simply saying "Sorry, Shane" (for example).

Anyway, Raw was good again this week, my only minor complaint being the way they worked the finish to Punk/Cena- I thought that Nash appearing at the top of the ramp made Punk look like a bit of a dope because he had to act distracted for ages, even though he was in the middle of a big match. I hate it when they make faces look stupid like that- especially considering Punk is supposed to be a smart guy. I would have preferred Nash appearing out of nowhere to flatten Punk with a big boot, or even to flatten Cena causing Punk to lose by DQ.

• Paid Members

Stephanie McMahon HAS to be the anonymous GM at this stage, that could be a brilliant story arc. She's the obvious choice, but that doesn't make her the wrong one.

Only just watched RAW. I wonder where McGillicutty and Otunga will go from here now they've lost the tag belts. It's amazing how little such a hot stable as the Nexus has done for any of its former member's careers other than perhaps Wade Barrett.

McGillicutty's bland as hell, I think they need to have him adopt the "Hennig" name, turn him face and do something with him in that way. On NXT Otunga looked fantastic on the mic. Don't know if it's because he was unscripted or because he was a solo act and had more drive to define his character, but I'm interested to see where he goes from here.

And whatever happened to Skip Sheffield?

The laptop GM was a fucking horrible idea from the moment it became obvious that WWE didn't actually have any idea who it should be, which was about one week after it started. Unbelievably it's been going for over a fucking year now. The entire concept of a 'mystery' character is to keep the audience interested in who it is, and to tease the big reveal. However, they haven't done this whatsoever, the anonymous GM seems to have no agenda at all and the audience has been given no reason to give a fuck who it might be. It's total wrestlecrap.

I hoped that HHH would kill the gimmick as soon as he took up the COO role, just by closing the laptop and simply saying "Sorry, Shane" (for example).

Hah! I'd love that.

However I don't think the mystery GM has been a waste. In many ways it would be very logical for it be Triple H and play into WWE's "conspiracy" theme thats been running this year.

Imagine this: Triple H has been promising recently that he is not screwing anyone over, or not trying to manipulate events. Then in his absence, the Mystery Raw GM can continue to mess around with Punk and manipulate events. Ultimately CM Punk reveals that the RAW GM always was always Triple H.

But why has Triple H been fucking around with Punk? Why has he been doing all these random actions as the Raw GM (such as hiring Nexus, moving Edge to Smackdown etc)?

Is there a conspiracy? The answer to this is yes; there is a conspiracy of sorts. The reason behind every decision by HHH was because he wanted what was best for business. He's been building interest in the show and manipulating events to ensure that the right people are in the main events to garner the best PPV buys and the best merchandice sales.

Therefore the conspiracy is this: As the Raw GM, HHH has always been behind the Cena push (without Cena's knowledge). He feels that people like Cena (and not Punk) need to stay at the top of the card to get the most money for the WWE business, and he will manipulate events to ensure this. E.g. Hiring Nexus as a means to give Cena a meaningful challenge, getting rid of Edge as he was a threat to Cena's reign, rigging number one contender matches to give Cena the best chance (remember that number one contenders gauntlet match where Cena came out last??) giving Cena a title match vs. a exhausted Misterio, screwing Punk out of the WWE title then ensuring Cena gets the title match vs. Del Rio. Etc etc.

Ultimately Cena (unknown to him) is the new corporate champ, and Triple H is building him up and protecting him for the eventual Cena vs. Rock WWE title match at Wrestlemania. There is a conspiracy, and so far Triple H has fucked over Miz, Truth, Punk... and he will fuck over Del Rio too!

Its a little complex I'll admit, but I reckon this is what is effectively happening. If they pull it off you could also have a MASSIVE double turn, with a Triple H / Cena led heel faction going against a now face tandem of Punk, Miz,Truth and anyone else who got fucked over.

Archived