going into business for themselves

I'll start proceedings:

1998, wcw, Warrior debut. Warrior is told to cut a 5 minute promo & not use or refer to 'Ultimate'. Warrior in turn cuts a rambling 15 min + promo that no one 'gets', uses Ultimate continously andit dies horribly! Watching it back you can see everyones look is 'wats going on?'

• Paid Members

Rick Steiner showing Konnan how its done. You can even hear Konnan asking what he's playing at throughout as The Dog Faced Gremlin elbows and punches and slaps him about. To make matters worse Konnan was told he was going over in the match and ended up on a DQ. So he got doubled crossed on both ends, the poor fucker. Two reasons for the rumoured reasons 1) It was the night WCW lost its television deal, so the company was either dying, going to someone who wasnt going to hire Rick or getting shelved. So Rick thought "fuck it" and smacked Konnan about because he didnt like him. or 2) Konnan reckons Bischoff sent him out to do it, because Bischoff hated Konnan.

Here it is:

He also kicked the shite out of Lash LeRoux and Vito, as well.

• Paid Members
Rick Steiner showing Konnan how its done. You can even hear Konnan asking what he's playing at throughout as The Dog Faced Gremlin elbows and punches and slaps him about. To make matters worse Konnan was told he was going over in the match and ended up on a DQ. So he got doubled crossed on both ends, the poor fucker. Two reasons for the rumoured reasons 1) It was the night WCW lost its television deal, so the company was either dying, going to someone who wasnt going to hire Rick or getting shelved. So Rick thought "fuck it" and smacked Konnan about because he didnt like him. or 2) Konnan reckons Bischoff sent him out to do it, because Bischoff hated Konnan.

Here it is:

He also kicked the shite out of Lash LeRoux and Vito, as well.

I'd never seen that before, that rabbit punch after the bell is fucking nasty. Then again, I hate Konnan as well, so meh.

Presumably this is the Lash Leroux match, Ian?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcF1loCKaKI...feature=related

Knee to the face at 2:18 = ouch.

• Paid Members
Presumably this is the Lash Leroux match, Ian?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcF1loCKaKI...feature=related

Knee to the face at 2:18 = ouch.

Yeah, but you missed the worst/funniest bit

Go to 13:50 on this video for the start of the match. No lock up. Just straight punch to the face. Rick was mental.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSkLtino264

William Regal vs. Goldberg.

I thought Regal explained this one fairly well in his book - from what I remember, he threw in the chain wrestling to mix it up a bit from your average Goldberg match, but with the ultimate intention of allowing Goldberg to outwrestle him. Goldberg apparently just got flustered because he couldn't keep up with it. Frankly, Goldberg seems to have been a bit of a dummy-spitting dickhead around that time, so I'd tend to believe Regal's version of things.

Archived