PPW Wrestling "LIKE IT USED TO BE" 16/9/11 - West Bromwich

ChrisPPW

How was the show?

Attendance, any stand out matches / performers?

Was a cracking show, tag match was better than expected and i believe Max Mayhem teamed well with Scott Maverick.

Kid Fite Vs Xavier was a quality match.

Nate Colt & Danny Chase was a No Contest due to outside interference from Brian Wright.

Mason Vs Malen was certainly match of the night and the proof was the fans instantly demanding a rematch due to Malen winning.

Ligero and Keith was the whole will it work and it worked perfectly, great to see Ligero retain.

Blaze Vs Brian Wright & Lucas Black Vs Lucian L Jones were as expected, good matches.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Save Breaks wasn't there and I'd say 80 people

Save Breaks? Dave Breaks couldn't attend the show so we had the cruiserweight match between Danny Chase and Nate Colt

Shame, would have liked to see Brookside or Sloan step up to the Textbook Challenge

Having the Kid Fite/Stevie Xavier match over rounds seemed to detract from the flow at times but nevertheless reached the high standard expected from these fine wrestlers.

The tag match was exceptionally good with the wrestlers from Scotland giving a good account of themselves against the veterans from Liverpool

• Paid Members

fish and chips really needs to learn how to use the edit function. ;) .

The show was better than I expected and I had some what high hopes to start with. Malen Vs Mason was an amazing match over all I thought, Cole Vs Chase was an excellent showing and Myatt was as top as ever. The first match felt a bit long but was highly enjoyable.

Hi Guys

Quick update for now and I'll update the website with a fuller account of the show later today...

Results:

World of Sport Rules - Tutor vs Pupil : Kid Fite dft Steven Xavier

... Xavier is making amazing strides this year, both in the Evolution League and in general, and looked really competitive in there with the experinced Kid Fite.

Nate Colt vs Danny Chase - No contest due to interference from "Hellraiser" Brian Wright.

Evolution League : Davey Blaze dft "Hellraiser" Brian Wright

... before the match started, "Hellraiser" pulled a female member of the audience out of her chair and grabbed her by the throat. Blaze rushed in to save the day and at the end of the match the lady in question slapped Wright across the face to assist Blaze to pick up the win (NB a member of the PPW Team checked with the female member of the audience after the show and the only discomfort she was in was a stinging hand from the slap, so all's well that ends well as some other Midland's fella once said!)

PPW Championship Number One Cont Match (WOS Rules) - Paul Malen dft James Mason to earn a future shot at the PPW Championship

... all the controversy that followed the end of the match will be detailed on the website later!!

"The Liverpool Lads" Robbie Brookside and Frankie Sloan dft "The Aces of Mayhem" Scott Maverick and Max Mayhem

... Special mention here for the youngster Max Mayhem. The young Scot more than held his own in a match with the Liverpool veterans and looks like an amazing prospect for the 2012 Evolution League.

"Luscious" Lucas Black dft Lucian L. Jones in a Jonestown Streetfight

...In an unlikely throw back to the World of Sport days, to which this show aimed to pay a respectful tribute, Black hit Jones across the face with a Kendo mask, eerily reminiscent of the mask worn by Kendo Nagasaki, to pick up the win.

PPW Championship Match (WOS Rules) - El Ligero dft Keith Myatt to retain his gold

...post match, Paul Malen and Brian Wright assaulted the PPW Champion and what sounded like a horrible pop came from the Champion's shoulder/arm. More news on any serious injuries when I have them.

As always, thank you to everyone that attended! :thumbsup: Everyone at PPW immensely was proud of what we achieved on Friday Night. It was very good night of classic British wrestling (with a typical PPW twist), with a very hot crowd to boot! Thanks for all the positive feedback and we hope to see you guys next month...

Details of the next show on October 14th will be posted here shortly :)

Archived