15/08 RAW Discussion Thread

pizzazz941

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It was an average Raw with a rubbish crowd (they only really reacted to Punk and Cena). The one good thing is they didn't rush the Punk/Nash/Mr. H's stuff.

The CM Punk/Nash segment wasn't as good as it could have been. Nash seemed a little off his game at the star. He did save it a bit with his rant about the nWo and changing the biz (although his "Indyriffic" stuff was silly considering who CM Punk is in WWE). Also Nash needs to change up that goatee, it looks silly side on. I did think the security saving Nash was a nice touch and makes me want to see something physical now, when all I wanted before was a promo battle. Both men did come across as stars though and Punk was the only person not named Cena to get the crowd into something he was doing.

I enjoyed Cena's 'fire' at the end but I really don't think his character should be swearing. I know it's only "piss" but I like to think of Cena as the ultimate good guy. Cena's delivery did make me want to see a match I had absolutely no desire to watch.

The rest of the show felt uninspired. Rey v Del Rio was such a disappointment, mainly due to the crowd not really treating Rey like the home town star you would expect.

I enjoyed Cena's 'fire' at the end but I really don't think his character should be swearing. I know it's only "piss" but I like to think of Cena as the ultimate good guy. Cena's delivery did make me want to see a match I had absolutely no desire to watch.

I think that's a tad harsh, he's always criticised for being too soft and too PG.

Show was a bit naff, but the HHH/Nash/Steph/Punk (and a touch of HBK) narrative was awesome. Nash was a bit off in his interaction with Punk to begin with, but pulled it around by the end and the stand-off with security in the middle was class. Nash does the best cocky shite smile in the world.

I thought Cena's promo was pretty awesome, and more of that is needed. His 'sometime you're going to have to defend that belt....and if it's against me' line was probably botched, going on the fact that it made no sense and the delivery was stuttered, and should have probably been 'sometime you're going to have to defend the title against me'. It would make sense, because the way he delivered suggested he didn't know if he'd get a rematch, but the closing line suggested he knew he was. Anywho, lots of people have botched lines and it not been a big deal and overall it didn't affect the promo.

Also, I think i made perfect sense for him to be annoyed at how ADR cashed in. Punk didn't care because Punk isn't supposed to give a hoot about respect, and he's done it himself before, where as Cena's character is all about HUSTLE and RESPECT and ADR showed none of those qualities. That, and Cena himself said that Summerslam was about making the title mean something more and ADR cheapened all of that. I think it makes a lot of sense for a good respectful 'face-to-face' kind of guy to be annoyed, regardless of how many times its happened before, for his beloved title to be stolen away in such a cheap way.

But, apart from them two positives I didn't really give much of a toss about anything else.

Everyone just seemed confused by the end of A-Ry/Swagger.

Enjoyed the whole show. If felt fresh for some reason, even though some of it certainly wasn't. Didn't like the Cena rant at the end. After The Rock screwed him at WrestleMania he came out the next night on Raw joking and laughing. After SOMEONE ELSE lost the Title to a MITB winner, for some reason Cena is pissed off. And like mentioned above, ADR just defended the Title!

• Paid Members
I think that's a tad harsh, he's always criticised for being too soft and too PG.

My biggest problem with the Cena character is WWE constantly changing it up to be 'edgy'. Last week Cena gave this wonderful promo about how he's a kiddies favourite and that he enjoys being a role model to them and doesn't care what people think of him, because he knows he's a classy bloke. So it grated a little to hear this role model and ultimate good guy do a bit of swearing. It's not the biggest crime in the world or that but I like to think of Cena as the one good egg in a dysfunctional company. Similar to how WCW booked Sting for a number of years.

His promo was delivered with enough passion that he didn't really need to swear anyway.

Enjoyed the whole show. If felt fresh for some reason, even though some of it certainly wasn't. Didn't like the Cena rant at the end. After The Rock screwed him at WrestleMania he came out the next night on Raw joking and laughing. After SOMEONE ELSE lost the Title to a MITB winner, for some reason Cena is pissed off. And like mentioned above, ADR just defended the Title!

You're missing the crucial point that he lost the match, initially, despite his foot was on the rope.

So, you have this guy, this All-American guy that's all about carrying out your beef face-to-face, and showing respect who's just put in half an hour of hard graft only to lose when he really shouldn't. However, he's happy to let that lie because Punk (his greatest nemesis of recent times) showed he was warrior, and Cena can get his rematch another time. Then, after all that another dude comes out and 'sticks' CM Punk. Punk, having had a half hour war and then a jackknife, is out cold and ADR sneaks in the back door and steals the title that Cena and Punk had just gone to war to earn.

I think he's perfectly right to be pissed off.

Man, Cena gets a real rough ride...

*EDIT* we should also point that none of your criticism's are of Cena, but of the content. His delivery is what he should be judged, and that was very good at least.

So Stephanie stole HHH's phone to text Nash before the match?

Makes sense, HHH knew nothing about it, Nash genuinly thinks HHH text him, and Stephanie has been the main victim of the exchanges between HHH and Punk so Steph wants payback plus the comment in the dressing room about everybody gets what they deserve makes perfect sense.

Its definetly turning more into episodic TV now rather then trying to blow everything out of the water every week. Is it me or do the crowd not behind Del Rio at all with the title? Reactions seem very poor compared to everyone else at the top of the card.

Agreed. Even the Punk/Nash confrontation was a let down. Maybe it's a repeat of the RAW after MITB, and the last 15 mins will be exceptional?

Repeat as in not a very good follow up to a PPV is more like it.

Thats why I didnt bother to stay up last night to watch it, just went through it quickly now on utube.

I watched it because I wanted to see Nash, and I'm a fan but I got to say CM Punk made him look abit silly there, cant believe he got the "what?" treatment before CM Punk even cameout, he might have been selling it, but he looked pretty pissed off about it.

It seems like CM Punk/Cena thing is going in different directions, Cena's focus seems to be ADR now, and Punk is going towards TripleH/Ace/Nash/Mcmahons.

I couldnt even sit through the Cena promo at the end, like jackson I found it odd he kept swearing, dont really fit his character at all, he did that a few months ago where he was talking about dogs peeing on Vince or something, I'm like wtf? its almost like they want him to be like The Rock or CM Punk, but that just aint going to work or happen, best stick to the kids stuff.

Also what was that shite they had the Miz doing? Dont they already have enough ads? they got to do product placement live in the ring? I carried on watching it because I thought it was leading into something, but it really was just an ad.

This RAW would hardly make me want to tune in next week, if Nash shows up again, I'll just utube it.

I'm sticking with my prediction from the SS thread;

I'd bet my biscuits that this get's built as CM Punk, the anti-establishment character, in a short-lived uneasy alliance with the COO Triple H, both with an axe to grind with the enigmatic insurgent Kevin Nash.

I think Stephanie will be revealed as having hired Nash to do her bidding to make sure Punk gets his comeuppance, as she doesn't take personal insults lightly as opposed to her laid back Husband. Triple H takes umbridge with this circumventing of his power by his wife and best friend and we end up with Nash w/Steph vs. Punk w/Triple H. Then, we'll see the most unsurprising turn of the year, and 'The Establishment' (HHH/Nash/Stephanie) will feud with Punk in the lead up to Rumble or Mania (depending on how long turn they see this...).

I'm absolutely certain that Triple H/Steph/Nash are in this together.

If they can get Waltman and HBK back in short term non-wrestling roles (Hall would be good, too, but i'm not sure what state he's in), then i'd be ecstatic. The Kliq running the show against an anti-establishment CM Punk would be simply incredible. I LOVE WRESTLING.

I'm placing my bets on John Laurianhoweveryouspellititus being the one who text Nash as it was never confirmed the text was from Triple H...but somehow Steph is also involved...We're probably gonna be seeing a bit more of this douche on screen as time goes by

• Paid Members
I myself thought Raw was brilliant, I enjoyed every second of it (minus the Divas obviously). I was on the edge of my seat for Nash and Punk, and I liked Alberto Del Rio for the first time since around Wrestlemania.

I think dill's account has been hacked, there was no unnecessary negativity there at all!

I'm chuffed that they are actually making on air noises that the Tag Team Division needs to be improved. I also loved the team of Kingston and Bourne, they had some real chemistry. I long for the days to return of actual Tag Teams, with names and matching ring gear. :love:

Archived