Brit Wres at Edinburgh Fringe

DanJ

• Paid Members
That made me lol and rofl.

Ya wee bastart, ah'd pit yer heid doon the bog and stove yer ribs in if ah wuznae gan oot fae a swally noo.

• Moderators
Spoken like a true Leither!. Ye ken yir stuff.

I was visiting a mate in Cumbernauld about 7 years ago now, and as we're off on the bus into Glasgow to get my train home there's this man an his lad sitting behind us, and they had the greatest exchange ever.

"Y'ken whats on tonight?"

"naw?"

(Almost orgasmic)"MONARCH OF THE GLEN!"

• Paid Members

I remember there being British wrestling as part of the Edinburgh Festival before - it even made a 10-minute daily show on BBC THREE for a while. Not sure who the promotion was, but the matches were recorded in a big marquee.... in front of virtually no audience...

That was just a straight-up wrestling show, though, no comedy or anything. Sounds like this is going down more of a "Lucha Britannia" -style route.

• Paid Members
I was visiting a mate in Cumbernauld about 7 years ago now, and as we're off on the bus into Glasgow to get my train home there's this man an his lad sitting behind us, and they had the greatest exchange ever.

"Y'ken whats on tonight?"

"naw?"

(Almost orgasmic)"MONARCH OF THE GLEN!"

:laugh: Cumbernauld's a weird place. I went there with my school's rugby team years ago. Some smackhead with a boombox was stood on the touchline the entire time, blaring "Eye Of The Tiger" on a constant loop, even long after the game had finished.

It must be something in the water.

• Paid Members
Ya wee bastart, ah'd pit yer heid doon the bog and stove yer ribs in if ah wuznae gan oot fae a swally noo.

Admit it, you learned all of this from Terry Pratchett, didn't you No-as-Wee-as-Wee-Carbomb Carbomb, didn't you?

• Paid Members
Admit it, you learned all of this from Terry Pratchett, didn't you No-as-Wee-as-Wee-Carbomb Carbomb, didn't you?

Nope. Aw those years o' watchin Rab C. wer no' wasted, 's aw am sayin.

I remember there being British wrestling as part of the Edinburgh Festival before - it even made a 10-minute daily show on BBC THREE for a while. Not sure who the promotion was, but the matches were recorded in a big marquee.... in front of virtually no audience...

That was just a straight-up wrestling show, though, no comedy or anything. Sounds like this is going down more of a "Lucha Britannia" -style route.

Yeah, but the thing that stood out to me was they were doing it with really good wrestlers (apart from the guy in the CIMA glasses who i'd never heard of). Anyway, here are the results, sounds like a good night, hope it leads somewhere.

http://www.worldwrestlinginsanity.com/am2/...tlinglive.shtml

• Paid Members

http://www.chortle.co.uk/shows/edinburgh_f...restling/review - 5 Stars from Chortle!!

Only in Edinburgh.

Max Olesker, of sketch duo Max and Ivan, decided he wanted to stage a real night of wrestling, in which genuine hardmen, built like brick shithouses, would share the ring with comedians, built like Wendy houses. And, in his words,

Archived