Terri Runnels Is Suing New Jack

BritFan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What the fucking hell? How old were you? I can imagine one oddball doing that, but I can't imagine a scenario where at a house party, two people agree to go off sniffing knickers together.

About 20 I think. Yeah we lead quite disturbing lives mate.

Any money it ended with a game of soggy biscuit.

Nah, even I have my limits.

Now is probably to throw out the

Sorry guys.....

The Orlando Sentinal reports that a judge in Sanford, Florida has temporarily ordered Jerome Young, professionally known as New Jack, from selling nude photographs of former partner Terri Runnels.

The former WWE Diva filed a lawsuit against Young on Aug. 8, accusing him of libel by posting comments on Facebook about her appetite for alcohol and pain medication following their recent break-up. The suit also alleges he's defamed her by accusing her of exposing partners to sexually transmitted diseases.

Runnels also asked Circuit Judge Linda Schoonover to permanently ban Young from distributing sexually explicit photos of her. The judge issued a temporary ban on Friday and set a hearing on the situation for Aug. 24.

Young told the newspaper last week that he took the photos with his cell phone, that they belong to him and he should be free to distribute them to whomever he pleases.

"Sending somebody naked photos, that's not a crime," Young said.

He also said that he spread no false information about Runnels.

• Paid Members

So is he banned from selling (chuckle), or just distributing?

What about displaying, without distributing?

Technically, if it was his finger pressing the button, then he is correct in saying that they are his.

• Paid Members
He's not the copyright holder of herself's likeness, though.

Right, and if he wants to use that likeness for trade, she has to release it to him. The actual photo's are his. If he wants to show them to people, they're his to do as he pleases.

Also, the UK does not require a release for the copyright holder to sell an image, so he could quite happily and legally sell them to Fighting Spirit. He could also argue that as she is/was a public figure, there is editorial merit in the pictures. Again, no release would be needed.

Right, and if he wants to use that likeness for trade, she has to release it to him. The actual photo's are his. If he wants to show them to people, they're his to do as he pleases.

Not at the moment, they're not. And pending the hearing, they never will be.

Also, the UK does not require a release for the copyright holder to sell an image, so he could quite happily and legally sell them to Fighting Spirit. He could also argue that as she is/was a public figure, there is editorial merit in the pictures. Again, no release would be needed.

Fighting Spirit couldn't publish pictures of him bumming her or her flicking the bean, though.

• Paid Members
Not at the moment, they're not. And pending the hearing, they never will be.

It appears he's not allowed to "distribute" them on the grounds that the content is defamatory, not because ownership is being contested.

Unless it can be proven that she commissioned him to take the photo's on her behalf, with the prior understanding that copright would be waived, his finger on the button means he's the creator of the work, and thus copyright is his.

Archived