WWE Tag Team Division Discussion

Jason Mayhem

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

151 out of 151

Oh and London and Kendrick, great team, made the solo SD ppvs stand out with their run against MNM, The Pitbulls, James/Stevens, Deuce/Domino, Regal/Taylor not to mention the Hardys and the great ladder match they had at Armageddon 2006. WWE could do with a new London/Kendrick team.

• Paid Members
Shitloads of them. Dean Ho, Haystacks Calhoun, Larry Z and Rick Martel. I got them all because I'm ace. Didn't get Mr Fuji, or either of his partners though.

I only remembered Martel as his partner. I got Dean Ho though, it filled it in when I was typing Hogan!

151 out of 151

Oh and London and Kendrick, great team, made the solo SD ppvs stand out with their run against MNM, The Pitbulls, James/Stevens, Deuce/Domino, Regal/Taylor not to mention the Hardys and the great ladder match they had at Armageddon 2006. WWE could do with a new London/Kendrick team.

At the time I was hoping Gabriel and Slater won the titles I was hoping that they could have been like Kendrick and London.

Bradshaw used to be quite good at doing this too. The way he used to put over Regal and Dave Taylor as true smash mouth bad arses was really a breath of fresh air in mainstream wrestling. What a guy he was. Best heel commentator since the Brain packed in.

Oh hell yeah. I particularly remember the job he done on the surprise ladder match at Armageddon. He put London & Kendrick over like fuck whilst making everyone else out as possessing their own individual type of threat. He made Regal & Taylor fit right in by virtue of the fact that they didn't really fit in at all. I still chuckle at the spot where the two are arguing over who has to go up the ladder looking at the thing in sheer horror.

I'll echo the love for MNM too. They are the first and only team of the past few years who were spectacularly solid both in the ring and in the aesthetic department. They would have been super over if they stuck together and turned proper face with Melina I reckon. All these teams from the past few years are coming back into memory now. The Highlanders, The Dicks, The Hearthrobs, La Resistance ... speaking of which this was a great moment.

I have to admit I quite liked The Bashams too. What?

It really is. I don't even remember some of them ever having the titles.

I challenge anyone to finish this without cheating, don't care what the time limit is, it can't be done!

http://www.sporcle.com/games/BigHugsHighFi...ftagchampspart2

I wouldn't have got Bull Buchanan and Goodfather in a billion years. Nor the spelling of Faarooq.

The Smackdown one literally isn't possible, because they use OVW names rather than, like, WWE names.

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned Bad Intentions of Giant Bernard and Karl Anderson from NJPW. I quite like some of there matches in NJPW, as well as Apollo 55.

Anyway, I like Briscoe Brothers and I always have, but I will concede that they would benefit from a few months FCW training before joining the main roster. They need to tone some things down like Jay Driller will have to go, as well as other things like the flips and flops. To be fair in ROH they been focusing on brawling more and more.

The thing to me is, WWE already have a roster of FCW talent waiting to be called up, surely FCW can get a month or two notice maybe they can start trying out possible combos on there TV to see what fits, whats got potential, who shouldn't be near each other.

Last comment, I don't watch Otunga and McGillicutty with any joy because they are so bland and just a charisma black hole. Even there wrestling to me is rather dull.

Oh hell yeah. I particularly remember the job he done on the surprise ladder match at Armageddon. He put London & Kendrick over like fuck whilst making everyone else out as possessing their own individual type of threat. He made Regal & Taylor fit right in by virtue of the fact that they didn't really fit in at all. I still chuckle at the spot where the two are arguing over who has to go up the ladder looking at the thing in sheer horror.

I'll echo the love for MNM too. They are the first and only team of the past few years who were spectacularly solid both in the ring and in the aesthetic department. They would have been super over if they stuck together and turned proper face with Melina I reckon. All these teams from the past few years are coming back into memory now. The Highlanders, The Dicks, The Hearthrobs, La Resistance ... speaking of which this was a great moment.

I have to admit I quite liked The Bashams too. What?

that was awesome, I dont think I've ever seen it, and I was quite a La Resistance fan. I think in the past few years there has been some great teams, La Resistance, MNM, Miz and Morrison, Jerishow and others but they'll never be classics because they didn't have much oppposition. Plus there is only so many times a team can win the Tag Team titles before it gets boring if there is no one else about to really give them a challenge.

Someone said earlier the fact that on the rosters there are 2 titles on each brand above the tag belts but to me I see the problem as the opposite. Take Raw now. On any given week you know when Primo comes out he'll lose. When Ziggler comes out he'll win. It's pretty much the same for every superstar you can predict the winner before the match because there are only titles. You only need to keep people fresh for either a run at the World/WWE or US/IC and if you aren't in consideration for one of those then you ever come out and lose to someone who is, or you get put in a team which has the only purpose of giving you something to do while they figure out which one of you might get the slight push next so how anyone can view the tag titles as important in that situation is beyond me.

Think back to when we had the WWE, IC, European Lightheavyweight, Tag, & Hardcore titles. Anyone could come out and in thier own little division anyone could beat anyone. Thats 7 people who had to look strong enough to hold a belt and 7 who had to look strong enough to challenge. 14 People compared to todays 6. Thats when the tag division was useful. 5 singles titles = 5 singles matches, so the tag division was something different. It was a place where it created singles stars by giving them time to create personalities and look strong enough so that when they did break they were connected enough with the fans that they would get behind them (If Edge & Christian had come through today they'd have been rushed through and been the Hart Dynasty in that they had a few months for the fans to know who they were but who cares about tag teams now 1 of you needs to be a star the other is just a tag team guy so we can't use him.

The fact is WWE need more titles to to keep more people looking strong so it has a more rounded roster and that helps the tag division too.

I was watching last night's Impact Wrestling earlier and I realised that TNA has more female tag-teams than WWE has tag-teams. That's just not right.

Well the WWE has alot of options concerning tag teams. How I would build the tag team division is real simple.

The Uso's: Ever since they got their entrance they've been iNTereSTING

The Empire: Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre

They have been a team before and were quite good. Hopefully WWE can bring them back together and build back the tag team division.

The Colons: Primo & Tito. There cousins and it could be an interesting like Los Guerreros. They lie they cheat they steal

The South Beach Boys: Percy Watson & Darren Young. Both are charismatic and not doing anything at the moment.

The Party Crashers: Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins & Trent Barretta. A freebirds rules type tag team.

The Kings Of Wrestling: Solid indy duo who deserve a shot.

Johnny Curtis & Derrick Bateman: A young stallions type tag team

Legacy 2.0: Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase & Joe Henning

The Varsity Team: Alex Riley & Jack Swagger

World Domination: Kofi Kingston & Ezekiel Jackson: A modern day recreation of Power and Glory plus they could even form like how Power & Glory did. 2 faces in purgatory joining together because of a misunderstanding with a face team

Archived