WWE Tag Team Division Discussion

Jason Mayhem

friday_night_smackdown_the_usos_vs_michael_mcgillicutty_david_otunga_wwe_tag_team_championship_match.jpg

With CM PUNK turning into the "voice of the voiceless" and our "saviour".....the (New) NEXUS has vanished.

Otunga and McGulliculty are still the WWE Tag Champions though, but don't wear the Nexus shirts anymore and have a new entrance theme.

To be honest, I still view them as "rookies" and since becoming the "champs", the belts suddenly didn't mean shit to me.

It's fast forward or "taking a piss" for me whenever they are on. Simply because they are green and have no gimmick. They havn't given me a reason to care about them.

What's your opinion?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here. Its not even opinion anymore in this case, just a cold hard fact that the tag-team division has died and Vince really isnt bothered about it.

I cant even have an opinion about those guys, they're just bodies with belts.

Source: allwrestling.com

Triple H is serious on introducing new talents through vignettes and promos. It's also being said that Triple H is interested in reviving the WWE Tag Team division. Word is that they are really starting to recruit tag teams and see if some names are under contract to other promotions.

There has been talk internally about The Brisco Brothers but they are signed to Ring of Honor. There has also been a lot of talk about TNA's Beer Money and bringing them in once they are able to get away from TNA.

Regarding the Kings of Wrestling - Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli coming, the talk is that they will indeed be brought in together as a tag team and not singles wrestlers.

Business picking up or a case of believe it when I see it?

Hard to think that less than two years ago, the tag titles were main eventing a PPV for the first time ever, then we end up with them meaning even less than when Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly held them.

Just makes you think (forgetting Kayfabe) why wouldn't two of the hard bastards on the show just take the title from them?

• Paid Members
Hard to think that less than two years ago, the tag titles were main eventing a PPV for the first time ever, then we end up with them meaning even less than when Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly held them.

Tag titles were on the line in the main event at Fully Loaded 98 (Steve Austin and the Undertaker vs Mankind and Kane), and probably before then as well.

Beer Money resigned their contracts late last year I think, so I'd imagine WWE are shit out of luck. I'm liking the new HHH direction though, he seems to be making all the right noises.

I, along with no doubt many others on here, was a huge fan of the WWF tag team division in the late 80s and early 90s. Back then, the division was completely distinct from the singles division and very rarely did tag wrestlers compete in singles matches, unless it was against a member of another tag team. The wrestlers in that division focused on tag wrestling and were not chasing singles titles at the same time. That, for me, was the last time that tag wrestling meant anything in the WWE.

Look at, for example, the undercard of Rumble 92. Almost all tag matches featuring legit, established teams rather than 2 nothing-happening singles wrestlers put together for the sake of it.

Long gone, and (by me anyway) sorely missed.

According to online sources, trippers has been given the task of reviving the WWE tag division. He wants to sign people and to air vignettes promoting their debut. Kings of Wrestling are the first acquisition and will indeed be used as a tag team. Briscoe's and Beer Money are also on their radar

Archived