Smackdown spoilers

xear

The opening bit with Triple H and Christian was fine for SmackDown. Sheamus vs Christian was good while it lasted as well. The main event was the usual Randy Orton vs Random Opponent thing they've been doing for a while now, and fair play, Orton did well with Khali. I'm intrigued as to what Christian hinted at as his SummerSlam surprise.

Cody vs Zeke #7 (or whatever it was) was fine as well.

Daniel Bryan vs Del Rio was really good.

I don't know if Kaitlyn's still really crap or what, but I think she should play a more substantial role in the Glamazon/Natalya thing. She should stand up to them rather than just being cannon fodder.

The commentators noted Sin Cara putting a lot of size on, but all I noticed was how he wasn't fucking up all over the shop. If it's a different bloke, good.

Meltzer suggests a real vs fake Sin Cara feud is coming up.

How's that gonna work if neither of the fuckers talk, and we've never seen the real one's face?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The opening bit with Triple H and Christian was fine for SmackDown. Sheamus vs Christian was good while it lasted as well. The main event was the usual Randy Orton vs Random Opponent thing they've been doing for a while now, and fair play, Orton did well with Khali. I'm intrigued as to what Christian hinted at as his SummerSlam surprise.

Cody vs Zeke #7 (or whatever it was) was fine as well.

Daniel Bryan vs Del Rio was really good.

I don't know if Kaitlyn's still really crap or what, but I think she should play a more substantial role in the Glamazon/Natalya thing. She should stand up to them rather than just being cannon fodder.

The commentators noted Sin Cara putting a lot of size on, but all I noticed was how he wasn't fucking up all over the shop. If it's a different bloke, good.

How's that gonna work if neither of the fuckers talk, and we've never seen the real one's face?

Lol a real vs fake Sin Cara would be mental. They would just point. If it wasn't pointed out to us, I don't think I'd have realised that it was a different guy under the mask. Well done to Hunico.

Also Christian should really have a "Legal Team" who keep helping him win the title, like have Mason Ryan and someone else play his aids who "solve problems" for him.

Natalya is hotter when shes angry :love:

They mentioned Daniel Bryan vs Wade Barrett for SS on commentary, so that makes 5 matches...

Some of the commentary was brilliant, as well. When Booker launched into "I just want a biscuit! And some gravy" and Cole facepalmed trying not to crack up, I was in stitches. And the exchange following Josh's absurd "I heard Alberto's gonna cash in his briefcase tonight" statement was hilarious.

So with Cody winning the Intercontinental Championship, he becomes the second of Dusty's kids to have one that very belt. As far as I am aware the are the only the second set of brothers (okay they are half brothers) to win the same singles championship in the WWF/E. Bret and Owen Hart being the others.

Has there been any other two or more brothers that have won the same singles championship in the WWE? I am not sure if this has been accomplished by anyone else in WCW or other promotions outwith the Steiner's and the United States Championship.

It was bizarre watching a Sin Cara match without fuck ups galore. That finishing combo sequence looked very nice and fluid. Much better than the sloppy one man spanish fly thing.

Just watched sin cara vs Tyson kid, and it seems to me that the commentators were heavily hinting it was a different wrestler by noting his weight gain, additional moves and the fact he was constantly playing with his mask. Lately, with the cm punk angle and now the sin cara angle, it seems that wwe are playing to the net fans and using leaked news to great effect. I.e. We all knew that sin cara was out for 30 days and that this was too soon for the real cara to return, so play up to it.

Lately it's occured to me that NOW is the time to use the net in this way to promote story lines. It isn't 1996 anymore, and I wouldn't be surprised if 95% of the wwe audience were now exposed to the Internet that the difference between a "mark" and a "smark" were practically gone.

I imagine one of many scenarios playin out:

- this is a fake sin cara whose used caras disgraceful drug violation to steal his spot, leading to cara vs cara

- were going to see multiple caras working together. Think a updated blue blazer anger.

As others have said, the return of a "Problem Solver" for Christian is surely where they are headed. I'd be happy with Brodus or Tomko, frankly. If Christian loses this time, surely Henry is next for Orton and Christian may be back to the upper-midcard. Weak!

The new Sin Cara was clearly a fair bit taller as well, though he looked good. Pretty much every move he did was different to Mistico's version of Cara. Nice little match actually.

Christian's Big Announcement was completely lame. I think his "Legal Team" may actually just be Rhino, so no wonder the advice was awful. Triple H managed to shoot down his idea in about a minute. I love the way that Business Trips was happy to threaten Christian with a sacking and title stripping, but went out of his way to keep CM Punk around, despite both of them being massive pains in the arse. To be fair, the smackdown Title is treated like the European belt half the time, so I can see Triple H's point.

I didn't even realise it was a different Sin Cara so they had me fooled, thought they were talking about the weight gain as he was off the juice or something.

Archived