Goldberg Returning

BritFan

Via Goldberg's Twitter:

Goldberg: By the way......... I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fan: Who's NEXT???

Goldberg: Maybe Batista

Fan: please tell me its true that ur wrestling again

Goldberg: contract time...

*fans start asking him if he's returning to WWE*

Goldberg: It ain't WWE, they can kiss my ass

Fan: Crimson Vs Goldberg Bound for Glory??

Goldberg: No offense but he couldn't carry my jockstrap

And via Meltzer:

Bill Goldberg recently shot a promotional video for an October show in the African Congo, billed as the “Rumble in the Jungle II” after the legendary “Rumble in the Jungle 1″ between boxers George Foreman and Muhammad Ali decades ago.

Goldberg said he would come out of retirement to wrestle on the show. In the promo, Goldberg talks about the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo backing the wrestling show. Rick Bassman is reportedly booking talents for the show and he went to Africa last month with Luke Gallows and Nathan Jones to promote it.

Several other big names are being promoted for the show including Kurt Angle, MVP, Matt Hardy, Batista, Shawn Daivari, Chris Jericho, Ric Flair and Shelton Benjamin. At least one of those names knew nothing about the show when contacted and another said his manager was contacted but turned it down.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

From Todays Observer update.

--Bill Goldberg appeared on the Fox station in Tulsa (where he grew up) promoting an MMA fight at the Hard Rock in Tulsa, saying his show in Congo is not 100%. When asked about Vince McMahon, he said, "I can't really say anything positive about the man. It's like working for a carny. It's like working for a carny who is driven only by his ego. Business is out of the window as evidenced by what he did with my character. So I don't have a positive thing to say about that guy."

Probably wont be seeing him in WWE anytime soon then...

• Paid Members

He was only answering a question. Goldberg comes across as the least bitter man in the history of life. If anyone's seen an interview with him, he doesnt look like he needs lightening up at all. He doesnt like Vince but its not like he's shouting it from the rooftops like the Warrior or Bret Hart or someone like that, who used to actively find a forum to bury the WWE. Its not like Goldberg got dumped on the scrap heap either. They wanted him to let his contract role over and stay with the company, but he left because he didnt enjoy it. Goldberg's done well for himself since leaving as well.

• Paid Members

Yeah don't get me wrong, I am a mark for Goldberg, but saying things like that about Vince just seem unnecessary. He may not be shouting from the rooftops, but he still takes shots at the WWE when questionned and I don't really understand why he feels like that.

Last year Goldberg came out and said that he wanted to wrestle at least one more time, mainly just so that his lad could see him in action. A lot of people thought it might trigger a WWE return, but it seems that he would rather do it anywhere else, which is a massive shame for all his fans. You would think that he would put his personal disappointment in his WWE run behind him for the chance to get a decent send off and a huge pay-day.

Assuming WWE would be interested, that is. It would make money, so I would imagine something would be worked out.

• Paid Members

I hate goldberg.

Misuse of him? by that i think he means losing.

The more i read about him the more i hate. He lives his gimmick way to much. Apart from his mega WCW push where he was protected like a small child he cant cut a promo, cant put on a decent match.

I really dont get it.

From the last Wrestling Observer newsletter:

Contracts have been sent out to the wrestlers for the prospective Rumble in the Jungle 2, scheduled for Kinshasa, Congo on 10/12 at the 120,000 seat Martys Stadium. That’s the show that Bill Goldberg is scheduled to return on. A tour from 10/2 to 10/12 has been arranged for five live shows, three at stadiums, culminating with the big show, and two VIP shows for dignitaries. The country itself is financing the shows as part of a political deal for current Congo President Joseph Kabila, who is behind the show, hoping to use it to help him in his November re-election campaign. Former UPW promoter Rick Bassman is behind the shows although they are trying to keep quiet on them as he told us right now there is nothing yet to announce.

I guess now it's just a matter of whether or not Goldberg's happy with the contract.

• Paid Members
I hate goldberg.

Misuse of him? by that i think he means losing.

The more i read about him the more i hate. He lives his gimmick way to much. Apart from his mega WCW push where he was protected like a small child he cant cut a promo, cant put on a decent match.

I really dont get it.

He doesnt say they misused him. He doesnt like wrestling, so doesnt have to mark out to the promoter. Only the companies that Goldberg worked for were damaged by the way he got buried. He was a megastar. And was a new hero for the fans during a time when WWE was drawing shit buyrates at a WrestleMania. WWE totally fucked it up with him. Not with him, because he got paid. But they fucked it up because they never exploited him to his advantage. Again, how does Goldberg live the gimmick? If he lives the gimmick he wouldnt be presenting car programs and telling people how he would never make it in MMA. If he lived the gimmick, he'd be on youtube every five minutes.

Why is it, if someone thinks Vince McMahon's a dickhead, it makes them bitter? Probably everyone in the business would have the same opinion if they had other options outside the business and great wealth.

• Moderators

I don't think he liked Wrestling when he even started doing it. MMA seemed his passion even then in it's early phases. I remember him wearing trunks with "Osaka Gym" on them in one appearance in 1999. He's not bitter at all, he just doesn't like something.

Archived