NGW Revelations; Hull; Friday 9th September; FULL RESULTS

Dunny

After several years of, quite frankly inexcusable reasons, I finally managed to get to an NGW show 10 minutes drive from my door step.

My last [and only other] time I saw them was the joint IPW/NGW show several years ago.

First thing that struck me was the very impressive set up and lay out. At the aforementioned IPW/NGW show it was basically some chairs and the stage area of the hall. Now, it was a complete transformation - you almost forgot you were in a scummy part of Hull thats awkward to find!

Arrived a little late but still caught all the opening match - never seen Malen and Connors before but was very impressed and Ego were their usual very good selves.

Ligero mercilessly chopped and kicked the be'jeezus out of Matt Myers [in a working fashion] and has totally transformed his physique from the last time I saw him. Never seen Myers [that I remember] but was impressed at how he took the fight to the more experienced Ligero.

Have seen Dara Diablo before but never seen the full extent of his gimmick - he is very funny on the mic 'I gave up drinking 4 days ago! [HOLDS UP SHAKING HAND]' - and he was impressive in his loss to the monstrous Colossus Kennedy.

Can somebody clarify whether this is the same guy? - I think I trained with Colossus Kennedy about 6 years ago at the old 'FWA Hull' in Barton-On-Humber, run by Stevie Knight. If it is him, bloody nice guy. Strong as an ox - caught me doing a cross body off the top and I'm a legit 6ft 2 and [at the time] 16 stone [approx].

Great to see a true legend like Dave Taylor live. He's still 'built like a brick shit house' [the words of my mate, not me] despite being, what, mid 50's? First time seeing Jack Gallagher and he more than held his own. Very technical British-style match and a generous helping of forearm uppercuts from Mr Taylor.

Main event was amazing. Seriously one of the best matches I have seen anywhere from any promotion this year. Absolutely fantastic match.

Crowd was electric throughout. Allmark showed why he is one of the absolute best this country has with an excellent performance - at one point he took an absolutely horrific looking bump onto the crowd barrier from a dive through the ropes which I was convinced must have broken his ribs/bust his hip - but he worked the rest of the match, and Cruz showed why he is the brightest young prospect the UK scene has at the moment with a tremendous performance of his own.

Seriously, if you didnt go, buy the DVD - if only for the main event, although the rest of the card was very good.

Great set up, great young talent, lively crowd and bloody nice chips [we do love our chips in 'ull] assured a more than value-for-money night out for me and my mate.

I will be attending as many NGW shows that work and family commitments allow from now on, including the one in October.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was without a doubt one of the best shows I've been to in a LONG Time.

There wasn't a single bad match.

Ligero vs Myers and the main event stood out though to me. Both were stupendously good.

Dean Allmark is tremendous. Simply tremendous. I Can't say enough good things about the whole main event. Nathan Cruz has so much natural charisma.

Fantastic crowd, fantastic workers, fantastic place to be around and a total pleasure to work there tonight :)

After several years of, quite frankly inexcusable reasons, I finally managed to get to an NGW show 10 minutes drive from my door step.

My last [and only other] time I saw them was the joint IPW/NGW show several years ago.

First thing that struck me was the very impressive set up and lay out. At the aforementioned IPW/NGW show it was basically some chairs and the stage area of the hall. Now, it was a complete transformation - you almost forgot you were in a scummy part of Hull thats awkward to find!

Arrived a little late but still caught all the opening match - never seen Malen and Connors before but was very impressed and Ego were their usual very good selves.

Ligero mercilessly chopped and kicked the be'jeezus out of Matt Myers [in a working fashion] and has totally transformed his physique from the last time I saw him. Never seen Myers [that I remember] but was impressed at how he took the fight to the more experienced Ligero.

Have seen Dara Diablo before but never seen the full extent of his gimmick - he is very funny on the mic 'I gave up drinking 4 days ago! [HOLDS UP SHAKING HAND]' - and he was impressive in his loss to the monstrous Colossus Kennedy.

Can somebody clarify whether this is the same guy? - I think I trained with Colossus Kennedy about 6 years ago at the old 'FWA Hull' in Barton-On-Humber, run by Stevie Knight. If it is him, bloody nice guy. Strong as an ox - caught me doing a cross body off the top and I'm a legit 6ft 2 and [at the time] 16 stone [approx].

Great to see a true legend like Dave Taylor live. He's still 'built like a brick shit house' [the words of my mate, not me] despite being, what, mid 50's? First time seeing Jack Gallagher and he more than held his own. Very technical British-style match and a generous helping of forearm uppercuts from Mr Taylor.

Main event was amazing. Seriously one of the best matches I have seen anywhere from any promotion this year. Absolutely fantastic match.

Crowd was electric throughout. Allmark showed why he is one of the absolute best this country has with an excellent performance - at one point he took an absolutely horrific looking bump onto the crowd barrier from a dive through the ropes which I was convinced must have broken his ribs/bust his hip - but he worked the rest of the match, and Cruz showed why he is the brightest young prospect the UK scene has at the moment with a tremendous performance of his own.

Seriously, if you didnt go, buy the DVD - if only for the main event, although the rest of the card was very good.

Great set up, great young talent, lively crowd and bloody nice chips [we do love our chips in 'ull] assured a more than value-for-money night out for me and my mate.

I will be attending as many NGW shows that work and family commitments allow from now on, including the one in October.

You never said hello SBA! Seriously man, We may not have got on in the past but you know who i am & it would have been ok? I am gonna send my report of the show tomorrow, but i think you have already done the show justice with your report! Glad you liked my stage :thumbsup:

The main event... I've been sat here a while, looking at a blank box, thinking of what I can say about the main event and to be quite honest, I'm lost for words. Both Dean Allmark and Nathan Cruz just put everything on the line. Dean took a dive to the outside, going over the barrier and my face just cringed. It was almost too much. They both just showed how innovative they really are, and the story in the match was just told so well. I can't recommend buying the DvD when it's released enough. Truly amazing, and everybody on facebook is just buzzing about the whole night. Well done!

You never said hello SBA! Seriously man, We may not have got on in the past but you know who i am & it would have been ok? I am gonna send my report of the show tomorrow, but i think you have already done the show justice with your report! Glad you liked my stage :thumbsup:

Apologies. As with most things in my life at the moment everything was a mad rush. Arrived late, mad rush to get chips during the interval and then left right after the finish of the main event in a mad rush as needed to be somewhere.

I'm going in October [all being well] so I'll say hello then.

...and yes, the stage - v.impressive!

Some quick, less detailed results as normal.

The Predators (Paul Malen & Jospeh Conners) bt Project Ego (Kris Travis & Martin Kirby) to advance to the final in the tag team tournament. After the match, Malen & Conners carried on the attacked on Travis, leaving him laid in the ring with their devastating neckbreaker double team move.

Matt Myers bt El Ligero in a shock victory. The fans gave Myers a standing ovation after the match. Ligero shook hands with Myers in a huge sign of respect. This brought Ligero's tag team partner, Dara Diablo. Diablo was jealous of Ligero offering a public sign of friendship to someone else and told Ligero he was going to prove himself to Ligero by challenging the most dangerous and biggest man in NGW. He called out Colossus Kennedy. He didn't come. He insulted him to try and draw him out but it wasnt until he called him Richie West's puppet that Colossus came out onto the stage. But West came running out after him and managed to talk him down and just as they were about to go back through the doors, Diablo called him Nathan Cruz's bitch. This time, there was nothing West could do to stop him getting in the ring.

Colossus Kennedy bt Dara Diablo despite a good showing from Diablo. After the match Colossus grabbed Ligero, only to be interrupted with the sound of the entrance music of STIXX! The doors didn't open but Stixx appeared on the big screen. He informed Colossus and the fans that he'd be back in NGW on October 14th for NGW 25...and he was coming looking for Colossus.

Dave Taylor bt Jack Gallagher. Earlier in the match Jack's tag team partner and student, Scott Adams was ejected from ringside and upon his return he recieved a famous Dave Taylor European uppercut for his troubles.

Avian was introduced and as soon as he came out he chased Mark Criteria from the commentary point into the ring and told him he didn't care about his job or anything else anymore. He had to know who attacked his brother in February and has left him on the shelf since and also attacked Avian himself last month. He threatened to break Criteria's jaw if he didn't tell him. Criteria said he was sworn to secrecy but don't worry because the person rang him during the week and told him he wanted to tell Avian himself. The lights dropped and the hall went black.

As the lights came up, a man dressed in black with mask on was stood in the ring with a baseball bat. Avian turned around and got a shot to the gut with the bat. The man unmasked himself to reveal none other than former champion and NGW fan favourite...SAM BAILEY! He grabbed the mic but Avian started to get up. Bailey dropped the mic and gave him a sick looking superkick to the back of the head. Bailey then simply left.

'Showstealer' Nathan Cruz bt Dean Allmark to retain the NGW Title in an amazing match. Dean Allmark walked through the doors to a mixed reaction but left with a standing ovation. Within 3 or 4 minutes into the match, the crowd had took Dean to their hearts. He gave everything, including possibly his ribs as he did a huge dive only for Cruz to not only move out the way but to move the guard rails into his path! The crowd, referee Milky Bell and NGW staff were massively concerned at the impact his ribs took on the steel.

After the match, Cruz announced it was time to throw out the old and bring in the new just like he'd done with Dean tonight. His agent Richie West opened his gold briefcase and took out a brand new NGW Championship belt as Cruz dropped the old belt onto the laying Allmark.

NGW will be back on Friday October 14th with NGW 25 (named as such because it is our 25th full show) with Nathan Cruz defending against Joey Hayes, the second tag team semi final of Los Amigos (Ligero & Diablo) against Fighting Team: Venum(Gallgher & Adams) and announced at the show was the debut of Rampage Brown!

Well 24 hours on & i am still buzzing over the overall quality of the show. There was not anything on this show that was less than "Good". A friend of mine sent me an e-mail that summed up my feelings, If i can share it with the UKFF?

"Hi, Dougie. It was a most enjoyable show last night. I really thought that someone was going to get seriously injured in the main event. The NGW has scaled new heights in unbelievable high intensity wrestling. Each show seems to get better and better. In a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it 11."

Role on "NGW 25", How they can top this show i have no idea. Not that that will stop them trying, That i have no doubt :thumbsup: .

The next show is NGW 25 on Friday October 14th, the show after that is Sunday December 4th, Eternal Glory (our big end of year show). Which is also another Yorkshire Weekender with DPW if people wanted to start making plans!

On a sidenote, I said in this show had the potential to be our best ever. My opinion was afterwards to everyone in the back that it WAS our best show ever. I had never felt prouder after a show than I did on Friday.

Archived