Trading Cards - anyone collect them?

Dynamite Duane

I was a massive NBA trading card collector back in the mid 90s, had so many and some great ones too, still have plenty of the rookie cards, though I fear they may not be as valuable as they once were and most are in fact worthless. Have loads of Michael Jordan specials including his baseball card from his stint in that sport. I keep them for nostalgia more than anything.

I used to subsrcibe to Becketts, which was basically a catalogue of every NBA trading card and would have values for each card.

Nothing beats the smell of opening a brand new pack of cards. My son collects Match Attacks, and although the cards itself are terrible (just a picture and nothing else) they are not bad for 50p a pack, I used to up to

• Paid Members
There's a new game out atm called Ascension...http://www.ascensiongame.com/ supposed to be alright. You can also download and play it on the iphone/ipad.

Might check it out.

Fantastic game. It involves deck building, like MTG, but it comes as a complete set of cards, so no endless collecting, just one purchase and your off. Dominion is the same kind of thing. Check out Boardgamegeek for more info on both.

Archived