Trading Cards - anyone collect them?

Dynamite Duane

Anyone on here collect trading cards? A few years back when I used to collect comics, I got into it a bit. I collected DC Universe, Batman and picked up a few odds and sods - wrestling and rappers. I used to also collect old cigarette and the old PG Tips tea cards.

My son collects Moshi Mosters, the latest craze for primary school kids.

I'm interested in learning about the value of trading cards, where I can find out prices.

Also being interesting to hear what cards you've collected, include Panini football stickers in the thread if you want to throw in a bit of nostalgia! :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

When I was in college I used to play the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading card game, I spent hundreds of pounds on all these rare and shiny cards. Some of which I've still got.

I moved onto Magic the Gathering as well. Sometimes break out a couple of decks with mates when we see each other. Can't say I really "collect" any more though. Gets very addictive/pricey.

• Paid Members

Ive still got a few completed wrestling card sets from the 80's and 90's.

I cant say i would spend money on a set of collectible cards today though, although if i did, i know for a fact i would be just as addicted to collecting them all like i was as a kid.

The best part about collecting cards stickers was always swapping your doubles, loads of fun games were to be had out of that. I remember the best game was 'scrambles', one kid stood on a wall with a few doubles, turned away from the group and threw his cards/stickers behind him whilst everyone scrambled to pick them up (one of two bruises). Imagine a bride throwing the bouquet, instaed with much more intersting items such as footy stickers, and all the men kick the shit out of each other in order to find a shiney dean saunders

• Paid Members
Is there a website with prices for collectable cards? Or is it just a case of browsing ebay to get an idea?

Cheers.

All depends on what you're trying to get a price on. Some of the first edition Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! Stuff can go for a couple of quid. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yu-Gi-Oh-Toon-Da...3#ht_2221wt_932 that for example is one of the one's I still have. When bought pack of cards from a site called greylight, (http://www.greylight.co.uk/) they were imported from Japan. I opened it up in the local card shop and got that bad boy in it. A guy in the shop offered me

i did khem, still have it somewhere, it was (and at a complete guess) still is, fucking shite.

Liar! the WCW nitro game was awsome, better than the Raw Deal WWE one (and I was a manager for the WWE game)! I still have my folder in the loft for WCW, 4 of every card from the original base set plus a half box of the extremely rare Hardcore set. DDP was the `BANG`

As to trading cards I used to buy a box or 2 of a few sets. I still collect auto cards from the X-Men series and AVP. I`ve bought and sold sketch cards, auto cards, dual auto cards, memorabillia cards, pieceworks and chase cards by the bucket load.

Once InkWorks went out of business it kinda died from there.

My biggest boast was i didnt want to buy a box of the Star Trek trading cards, so my mate bought it. I was quite suprised when he opened it and it was a `Master` box! Pissed, oh yes!

• Paid Members
Liar! the WCW nitro game was awsome, better than the Raw Deal WWE one (and I was a manager for the WWE game)! I still have my folder in the loft for WCW, 4 of every card from the original base set plus a half box of the extremely rare Hardcore set. DDP was the `BANG`

As to trading cards I used to buy a box or 2 of a few sets. I still collect auto cards from the X-Men series and AVP. I`ve bought and sold sketch cards, auto cards, dual auto cards, memorabillia cards, pieceworks and chase cards by the bucket load.

Once InkWorks went out of business it kinda died from there.

My biggest boast was i didnt want to buy a box of the Star Trek trading cards, so my mate bought it. I was quite suprised when he opened it and it was a `Master` box! Pissed, oh yes!

Fair enough, each to their own.

it was clearly shite though ;)

Pokemon, obviously. The first generation of cards though, nothing after. It was really good fun game to play aswell. Still got them.

Got a set of GI Joe trading cards being a big fan of GI Joe. Always wanted to get into Magic: The Gathering. My mate is a really good player apparently too, but i've never known where to start.

• Paid Members

There's a new game out atm called Ascension...http://www.ascensiongame.com/ supposed to be alright. You can also download and play it on the iphone/ipad.

Might check it out.

Archived