SHITARSES: EXPOSED

Vito

• Paid Members
Many thanks to whoever wrote this:

You're welcome mate, I caught that video this morning before it was removed, saw it a while back but didn't connect the dots to JWF.

Shitarsery of the highest order.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm starting to feel as though I'm beating my head against a brick wall trying to rally people against the JWF, the newspaper apparently aren't interested, the council don't seem to be that fussed, and now all of the best evidence I had against them has been deleted. I've got people telling me how the JWF bully and intimidate people but they won't go on record because they're scared of reprisals. Aside from calling the Police to every one of their shows I don't know what more I can do.

It's ridiculous, I can't book live music in my hometown because of the endless rules and regulations set by the council, but ten minutes up the road the JWF can smash wood and glass without insurance and bleed all over their audience and nobody will do anything about it.

It's almost as if it just doesn't matter, and no-one in the real world cares about backyarders being backyarders.

But surely that can't be it, a public outcry over jwf must be the kind of thing people need to have as a priority at this time?

• Paid Members

I missed a trick not signing my post off with:

"I for one am disgusted ...Barry Custard" ;)

If anyone's interested I can provide names and email addresses for the editors (for both the newspaper and the website) of the Worthing Herald and also an email addy for the Licensing Unit in Worthing. Shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up.

If anyone's interested I can provide names and email addresses for the editors (for both the newspaper and the website) of the Worthing Herald and also an email addy for the Licensing Unit in Worthing. Shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up.

Do you ever put this much time into fighting things which aren't bad wrestling? I guess I'm asking, does anything else in this world bother you to the point of making such and effort, speaking to papers and all, or is just JWF that have brought this out?

The things which bother me the most tend to be things that I can't do anything about, this is one of the rare occasions where I have a chance of making a real difference. If I can prevent another kid from getting his face punched in by these pricks then I'll consider it to have been worth it.

The things which bother me the most tend to be things that I can't do anything about, this is one of the rare occasions where I have a chance of making a real difference. If I can prevent another kid from getting his face punched in by these pricks then I'll consider it to have been worth it.

Frankly, I wish there were more people willing to have a go like you are, in the face of these bullshit, hobby promoters.

Surely the buildings that these types use for their 'shows' would cancel the events if they actually knew what these guys were up to (lack of proper training, public insurance etc...) but because it's mostly small town halls and the like, the people accepting the bookings have no clue (why would they) about whether they are accepting a booking for a decent promoter or a feckless tool.

If there was something like this on my doorstep I'd be doing the same thing. I'm surprised that more decent promoters don't try the same tactics to avoid shitarses ruining the areas in which they run shows.

Vito, I've said this before but it's up to the decent wrestling community to be more active in stamping out stuff like this. I know wrestlers (and promoters) naturally tend to think in the short term, i.e making the month's rent, but in the long term crap like JWF holds the whole of BritWres down.

It's good that you're doing something, but it needs people from within the community to boycott, and actively warn people and venues off shitarse promotions.

This is the problem though. Generally speaking people don't know the difference between Professional Wrestling and Backyard Wrestling, they assume that all wrestling is the same and that someone attempting to rent a hall to put on a wrestling show must be legit. I wish that someone from the BritWres industry would get involved in this but considering the level of ignorance people have towards wresting in this country I doubt anyone would take them seriously anyway.

Edit: Fuck sake. More comments removed from the WH article.

Vito as a worthingite let me say that your hard work is appreciated but the WH doesn't give two figs for what your opinion is. If you do something in the worthing area in the name of charidee they will suck you off in their paper... its a fact.

Oh and JWF have been kicked out of buildings before when they fudged up a local youth centre called the Sidney Walter Centre and left broken weopons lying around.

TBH I washed my hands of the lot of them years ago when I tried to get through to them that it was madness what they were doing but no they have it in their minds that one day they are going to go pro... poor delusional idiots.

Just a shame that as Worthing has a great promotion already in the town hundreds of people watch these plebs and are like you say put off by the fakery and rubbishness of the JWF shenanigans.

• Paid Members

From the viewpoint of the editor, what you're saying could potentially be defamatory. That'll probably be why they're deleting your comments, not because it's a 'buddy' situation. You're making an allegation against them that's potentially untrue - they're legally obliged to not allow comments like that to be published. They're a local paper, so they're probably not going to have the resources to run any kind of expose either, or the motivation. Do your comments bring the company in question into disrepute? Absolutely. Doesn't mean they're not true, but if they weren't a lawsuit could be brought against the editor/whoever is responsible for moderating comments. Both the paper AND the editor could be punished. Since it's a local paper they probably won't have a high budget, and the editor isn't going to have a massive wage either.

That's why you're not getting - and won't get anywhere. If you don't believe me read any book about defamation and media law, or even google it.

As for why people haven't been sued for allegations made on this board? Well, interestingly they could be - it's extremely unlikely but it could happen. But it'd obviously depend on if it's seen, and there are various defences against being sued for defamation anyway in a forum context - such as if it's an honestly held opinion, and if it hasn't been made with malice.

That said, it could still happen - it's just extremely unlikely.

EDIT: Oh, and of course 'it's true' is a perfectly fine defence against defamation - providing you can prove it obviously.

I'm totally stumped on where to go from here as it looks as though I'm fighting a battle that I can't possibly win. I linked the editor of the newspaper the videos, I know that she watched them as she commented on them in a conversation with me, yet they're not going to stop covering them as long as they're doing charity work. I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

• Paid Members
I'm totally stumped on where to go from here as it looks as though I'm fighting a battle that I can't possibly win. I linked the editor of the newspaper the videos, I know that she watched them as she commented on them in a conversation with me, yet they're not going to stop covering them as long as they're doing charity work. I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

Why not just leave it be? You got an answer from the newspaper editor, it's her responsibility and she's probably got more pressing concerns. I'm not saying you're wrong or anything like that, but why harass the poor woman?

It's not like I've sent the editor fifty emails, I've only sent two in the last three days, both of which were responded to.

ragincajun: "The aforementioned video was in no way promoting the act. it was made and put up to shame the person involved. it was left up so long mainly to embarrass the perpetrator. it was a vile act and the JWF management team in no way endorsed it. if people paid attention it did say a couple of times that the guy was suspended. if it had been more serious and the 'victim' had wished we would have supported a police inquiry."

ragincajun: "As said before, the JWF is undergoing training from a pro. we do have public liability insurance. many comments are from people who saw one show years ago when the JWF was run by different people and the matches were mainly consistent of weapon usage. alot of things have changed since those people left 5 years ago. its very rare weapons are used. we always do look to getting the correct paperwork filed. we were to do a show this week but our licence was denied due to it being applied for too late. That's the only reason. The audience is never put in danger at a show, that claim is ridiculous. we do not threaten or intimidate people who dont like the company. there havent been any serious injuries in the near ten years the JWF has been running. we have fun, the people who come, they have fun too...that's why they come back."

Lit Un: "I'd consider a broken knee to be a pretty serious injury."

Lit Un: "What about that video in which a lad gets dropped into the crate filled with fluorescent tubes ends up cut to the extent that he needed to be rushed to hospital, or does that not constitute a "serious injury" in your view either? I assume you'll now delete that incriminating piece of evidence from your YouTube channel and pretend that it never happened too? Right?"

lol, no "serious injuries" in the last ten years yet there's video evidence of several right there on their YouTube channel and a broken knee caused by someone "not falling properly" is mentioned in the article the WH wrote.

Barry Custard: "Not only did the video in my opinion seemingly endorse the actions within it, but I'd be hard pushed to argue that it didn't glorify them. Repeatedly showing a disgusting act as if it were something to be proud of. Judging by other videos uploaded to the JWF Youtube channel it seems that violence such as this seems to be the norm however. You'll be proud to know JWF are quite notorious within the IWC, however it is for all the wrong reasons."

Barry Custard: "I shall not get in to further detail about other 'incidents' which may have occurred or be dragged into any argument about the detriment the JWF may or may not cause to the industry of British wrestling for fear of censorship from the moderators, and thus I shall try to keep this post within the guidelines of the Worthington Herald site. However I put this question to yourself; If only within the last year the JWF have sought professional advice a) what right do you have to have been performing without proper training up until now? b) what right do you have to have trained anyone to become a performer? c) do the venues you perform at know what your doing and if so are they informed of your lack of experience?"

:thumbsup:

Their "professional trainer" is a no name who briefly trained with 3CW before quitting. Experience-wise he's a lot more competent in the ring than the rest of the JWF roster, but he's definitely not in any position to be formerly training people.

Archived