RIOT!

big mickey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

This is ridiculous. It shows how far the nation has fallen when these riots have been allowed to get this far. All those causing the trouble have no fear of any consequences because they know nothing will happen to them. The whole heavy handed nonsense gets on my nerves. The police should be given every opportunity to do their job correctly, but over the years more and more red tape has crept in that the police are ineffective, and I don't think the blame lays on them for their inability to to their job.

If the government makes a law, what is it there for? Is it there to be broken and the MP's just made it to keep themselves busy? Or did they make it because they want it enforced? If one of these scum bags wants to throw a brick, the very least he should be greeted with is a baton to the head. Limp wristed governments allow things like this to escalate, but if they allow the army in to take control then they may salvage some degree of dignity. In my opinion only heavy handed tactics would work now, which should have been implemented a couple of days ago anyway.

Croydon is terrible, fucking arsonists! Tofu sandwiches and hugs isn't going to solve this. :(

We're certainly past that point now, but I did say a year ago that cutting funding for things like youth outreach work, to ncy connections, create and various others, in the poorest boroughs in the country, was incredibly fucking shortsighted given the work they do.

Would appear I may have been right.

• Paid Members

"Create a society that values material things above all else. Strip it of industry. Raise taxes for the poor and reduce them for the rich and for corporations. Prop up failed financial institutions with public money. Ask for more tax, while vastly reducing public services. Put adverts everywhere, regardless of people's ability to afford the things they advertise. Allow the cost of food and housing to eclipse people's ability to pay for them. Light blue touch paper." - Andrew O Neill.