Sign in to follow this  
big mickey

RIOT!

King Pitcos    12
You've asked two different questions now.

Yeah, you didn't answer the first one.

In terms of stop/search criteria I suggest you look it up yourself - I'm sure it'll be available online.

Can't find it, you'll have to give me a link. Or, y'know, your opinion on what criteria they should be using to stop and search people.

Green    0
No that's right, because they're scum incapable of communicating with other people. Silly me, I'll get back in line.

What sort of work do you do, Whiskey? Out of curiosity.

King Pitcos    12

Cheers johnnyboy. So patrol cars are just stopping the people behaving suspiciously or acting on gathered intelligence rather than blanket racial stereotyping, then.

Edited by King Pitcos

Cheers johnnyboy. So patrol cars are just stopping the people behaving suspiciously or acting on gathered intelligence rather than racial profiling, then.

That's what they're meant to do. But the legislation is hardly going to say "stop all niggers".

Deaq    0

They are reporting on the news that they have no idea if people have been killed in some of the fires in the flats.

Just looks like a bunch of scum pissed off that the Police tried to police someone in the area.

johnnyboy    40
Cheers johnnyboy. So patrol cars are just stopping the people behaving suspiciously or acting on gathered intelligence rather than blanket racial stereotyping, then.

"You fit a description" is a bit of a cop out for a stop and search (pun not genuinely intended). However, and you may have been alluding to it earlier, the prison population is also disproportionate.

That's not what I said. More that stop and searches have a staggeringly low rate of conviction and - allied with the statistics Whiskey already posted that a disproportionate number of searches are of minorities - I don't think it's a stretch to say they can easily be seen as antagonistic towards (particularly socioethnic) communities. Efforts to reduce recorded data about stop and search powers certainly don't help.

Problem is when the Police use their powers they are being heavy handed but when they hold back you then have people complaining that they are too soft, Justice Secretary Ken Clarke is an utter cock but he probably has one of the worst positions in the Government.

Sign in to follow this