Who Have You Seen Wrestle Whos Now Dead?

EdgarTheSlouch

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Must have been 93 rude and bulldog gone from wcw by 94.

Actually I might be wrong.

Would've been the night after the Sid/Arn scissors fight. I think that's the only time WCW ever ran Blackburn.

Yeah it probably was 93. I remember thinking I'd been robbed of a match as Arn and Sid weren't there!

Interesting side note, watching the Southside Show in Preston the other month, my brother said he'd never been to live wrestling and I mentioned I'd been to that show. He said to me me just saying that I'd seen Steve Austin wrestle live was equivalent to my dad telling us last year that he'd once seen Pele play!

• Paid Members
I saw Owen Hart wrestle at Cheltenham Town Hall when I was a kid at some small uk promotion. No idea who it was as was far to young to care at that point but it stays stuck firmly in the memory.

He was being billed as Owen the Hitman Hart.

From British Wrestling Archive: CHELTENHAM

I have a feeling this might be high, hopefully not...

Randy Savage

Earthquake

Road Warrior Hawk

Crush

Owen Hart

Test

Crash Holly

British Bulldog

Chris Benoit

Eddie Guerrero

Bam Bam Bigelow

Big BossMan

Luna Vachon

Sensational Sherri

And probably more, but that's off the top of my head. Not as many as I thought, but at 14 that's shockingly too high as it is. :-(

It's been bugging me since I did my list that I must have seen Boss Man wrestle at least once.

Did he wrestle for WWE over here in 1998 or 1999?

Aye he was on the Attitude Adjustment tour in 1999, he was in the main event of the show I went to against Austin

• Paid Members
Aye he was on the Attitude Adjustment tour in 1999, he was in the main event of the show I went to against Austin

WWF @ Newcastle, England - Telewest Arena - April 3, 1999 (10,699; sell out)

Al Snow pinned the Brooklyn Brawler after hitting him with Head

Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett defeated Edge & Gangrel (w/ Christian) when Edge was pinned

Ivory defeated Jackie

WWF Hardcore Champion Hardcore Holly defeated Val Venis

Billy Gunn & the Road Dogg defeated WWF IC Champion Goldust & the Blue Meanie

WWF Tag Team Champion X-Pac defeated D-Lo Brown

WWF Tag Team Champion Kane defeated Ken Shamrock

The Undertaker pinned Triple H with the tombstone

The Big Show defeated the Rock via disqualification when Ken Shamrock interfered and hit Show with a chair

WWF World Champion Steve Austin pinned the Big Bossman (w/ Gerald Brisco & Pat Patterson) with the Stunner

Have you still got your program from that night? I must've lost mine ages ago, which is strange for me because I normally keep everything. I remember that Shawn Michaels wrote an introduction in it, although I'd be surprised if he did write it, and I remember him being billed as the WWF "Commissioner" at the time, Cowboy hat and everything. Although he didn't appear on the show of course.

I can't recall much from the matches, although I do remember Hardcore Holly trying to put Val Venis through one of the thickest tables I've ever seen, but he didn't succeed, on the plus side, I really enjoyed screaming "E-C-DUB, E-C-DUB" through the whole match whenever anything remotely violent was threatened or took place. I was just happy to be there, it was my first live WWF show and the business was red hot at the time.

Of the guys on that card we went to, there's two that have died since, Owen Hart and Boss Man. The only other live WWE show I've been to was the 2003 Insurrextion PPV, and of the people on that show, I think Test is the only one to die since then.

Outside of WWE, I was at TNA Sacrifice 2007, and the subsequent Impact tapings the following night, and I don't think anyone who wrestled on those shows have passed on since, although I might be forgetting somebody, unfortunatley as we all know that the mortality rate in wrestling at times has made it so I really had to double check the TNA shows incase I missed anybody out. I attended a show at Butlins in Skegness in the mid-90's, back when the only WWE shows held there were those imitation or "tribute" shows, as I've heard them called. The only guy I can remember from that show was the one and only PN News, and as I said earlier, I had to check to see if the chap was still alive, and he is. I suspect that it was the real Mr. News, and not a fraud of course. I can't remember anything else from that show, which was my first live wrestling show, somewhere around 1993. I was ringside though motherfucker, and like any curious young fan, during the intermission I got up out of my seat and walked up to the ring apron and gave the canvas a good thumping to see just how hard or soft it really was, and I was quite surprised to find it was much, much harder than I thought it would be. Really dusty though.

I know he wasn't on the No Mercy UK ppv and he only refereed at the Capital Carnage ppv.

I went to the Sheffield show of the 1999 Attitude Adjustment tour and he might have wrestled that night, but I can't find anything on google. I just remember Austin vs Rock was main event and Prince Naseem came out as the special guest.

WWF @ Sheffield, England - Arena - April 2, 1999 (12,744; sell out)

WWF Tag Team Champion X-Pac defeated the Brooklyn Brawler

Triple H defeated Kane

D-Lo Brown & Ivory defeated Val Venis & Jackie

WWF IC Champion Goldust defeated the Road Dogg

Hardcore Holly defeated Al Snow

Billy Gunn defeated Gangrel

Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett defeated Edge & Christian

The Undertaker defeated Ken Shamrock

The Big Show defeated the Big Bossman

WWF World Champion Steve Austin defeated the Rock

Archived