If you could bring one wrestler back from the dead...

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

This is one of those questions that I find myself thinking of quite often, and unfortunatley, the list of potential answers is a lot longer than we would've wanted it to be.

My choice though, always remains the same ; Davey Boy Smith. Being a life-long fan of the Bulldog's, I was geniunley upset when I heard of his death, partially due to the fact I had yet to become numb to the death of ex-wrestlers as I am now, but mainly because as far back as I can remember I have always been a huge fan of him. As a kid, no matter which heel was running a programme with Hogan, and no matter who was the latest great performer to be dragging class matches out of the Warrior, I was always well into what Smith was doing just as much or even moreso. He was always one of those that people found easy to get behind, but of course he could be a killer heel. I started watching wrestling just as the Bulldogs were leaving the company for the last time, and when Davey returned as a singles wrestler I was over the moon, and I fucking loved Winston.

For purely selfish reason, I would choose Davey. Although I admit, that outside of my wonderful memories and without my rose-tinted spectacles, if he was around today he would probably still be in a bad place, and in all liklehood it's hard to see him fit in with the current product. From an imaginary ideal scenario, and disregarding things like the Wellness policy and such, I would've loved to of seen Davey of 92 or 1996/97 having matches with someone like Rey now, and with Bulldog on his game, I think that would've been brilliant.

Another that I've always thought about, is how Bruiser Brody would've done if he had not been murdered. The specific time period which is an ultimate fantasy for me, would be for Bruiser to make a surprise appearance at an ECW Arena show in 1994/1995, as one of the 'mystery' opponent slots which often came up on those shows of that time. The wild brawls against Funk, Cactus Jack, Sandman etc would've been brilliant and even better infront of the ECW Arena crowd of that time, interacting with weapons and things like that. Initially, I thought it he would've been part of the very early ECW shows in 93, and part of that series of wild tag matches which made up the "Tag Wars" tape, but personally, I would've preferred him to be brought in a a surprise opponent or run-in, sometime in 1994/1995, just when ECW had started to gain a little momentum.

• Paid Members

Given his wife's now one of the top heels in wrestling, Eddie Guerrero would be an interesting pick. Forgetting that he died as one of the best babyfaces in wrestling, he'd be a great addition to either RAW or Smackdown.

I was a big fan of Umaga, and given Mark Henry's current rampage a match between the two could be great fun. There are an abundance of feuds for his character in WWE right now and it's a real shame he didn't get to stick around to live them out, and eventually pick up a much-deserved World title reign.

This is one of those questions that I find myself thinking of quite often, and unfortunatley, the list of potential answers is a lot longer than we would've wanted it to be.

My choice though, always remains the same ; Davey Boy Smith. Being a life-long fan of the Bulldog's, I was geniunley upset when I heard of his death, partially due to the fact I had yet to become numb to the death of ex-wrestlers as I am now, but mainly because as far back as I can remember I have always been a huge fan of him. As a kid, no matter which heel was running a programme with Hogan, and no matter who was the latest great performer to be dragging class matches out of the Warrior, I was always well into what Smith was doing just as much or even moreso. He was always one of those that people found easy to get behind, but of course he could be a killer heel. I started watching wrestling just as the Bulldogs were leaving the company for the last time, and when Davey returned as a singles wrestler I was over the moon, and I fucking loved Winston.

For purely selfish reason, I would choose Davey. Although I admit, that outside of my wonderful memories and without my rose-tinted spectacles, if he was around today he would probably still be in a bad place, and in all liklehood it's hard to see him fit in with the current product. From an imaginary ideal scenario, and disregarding things like the Wellness policy and such, I would've loved to of seen Davey of 92 or 1996/97 having matches with someone like Rey now, and with Bulldog on his game, I think that would've been brilliant.

Another that I've always thought about, is how Bruiser Brody would've done if he had not been murdered. The specific time period which is an ultimate fantasy for me, would be for Bruiser to make a surprise appearance at an ECW Arena show in 1994/1995, as one of the 'mystery' opponent slots which often came up on those shows of that time. The wild brawls against Funk, Cactus Jack, Sandman etc would've been brilliant and even better infront of the ECW Arena crowd of that time, interacting with weapons and things like that. Initially, I thought it he would've been part of the very early ECW shows in 93, and part of that series of wild tag matches which made up the "Tag Wars" tape, but personally, I would've preferred him to be brought in a a surprise opponent or run-in, sometime in 1994/1995, just when ECW had started to gain a little momentum.

Great post.

It would be pretty surreal seeing the Bulldog back in the squared circle now that his lad is on the show too. They did a couple of tag matches didn

-

I'm sure I read somewhere that DH Smith was allowed to wrestle in the dark match for a show somewhere, with one of his buddies (probably Tyson Kidd), when they were still around 14-15 years old or something? I might've been dreaming or pissed at the time though.

Smith began wrestling at the age of eight,[8] having trained under his father Davey Boy Smith and uncle Bruce Hart.[5] He made an early appearance with the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) on October 5, 1996 at the age of 10 when he teamed with his cousin Ted Annis against TJ Wilson and Andrew Picarnia at a WWF house show in Calgary

• Paid Members

With the whole "resurrect and re-wind to prime thing", there's got to be only one answer, and that's Randy Savage. No need to explain why, because everyone knows.

Smith began wrestling at the age of eight,[8] having trained under his father Davey Boy Smith and uncle Bruce Hart.[5] He made an early appearance with the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) on October 5, 1996 at the age of 10 when he teamed with his cousin Ted Annis against TJ Wilson and Andrew Picarnia at a WWF house show in Calgary

Fucking hell, an you imagine them letting a 10 year old get in the ring and wrestle these days!?...

Mr Perfect.

could not agree more

Rick Rude, he'd fit easily into any mainstream product today, ultra slick heel, the hair would be awesome too.

Rude would be my second choice

Archived