WWE Films

Killjoy_Gee

• Paid Members

Perhaps a spoof of The Wrestler, sort of a wrestling version of This Is Spinal Tap? I think that'd have legs, especially if Nash and Hall were in it.

Good point, but perhaps there'd be a mainstream interest if there was a WWE produced backstage documentary/film, kind of like a 'Some Kind of Monster' Metallica type deal. Doubt they'd want to do that though.

They already did one of them at WrestleMania 19, and in the end, no cunt wanted to distribute it and it just ended up as a DVD extra on the next year's WrestleMania DVD.

I want a movie of Undertaker and Kane's backstory, complete with Paul Bearer knocking off their mam on the kitchen floor, Taker burning their folks to death, and Kane going mental and fucking a dead lass - despite being locked up in an instution at the time.

They should do a Bollywood musical with Khali as the leading man as well. That shit would sell in India.

I'd also thoroughly enjoy a four-hour long epic, self-aggrandising Vince McMahon bio-pic. I'm thinking Citizen Kane with more oiled up men in trunks.

• Paid Members
I want a movie of Undertaker and Kane's backstory, complete with Paul Bearer knocking off their mam on the kitchen floor, Taker burning their folks to death, and Kane going mental and fucking a dead lass - despite being locked up in an instution at the time.

This is what I thought they should have done rather than the 'See No Evil' dealy. Seriously, like with Kanes book, tie up all the loose ends etc. I think it'd be an interesting experiment to use their films to coincide with their tv wrestling stories or to introduce new characters with a ready made identity and back story.

A great wrestling story would be;

A mediocre wrestler enjoys performing, but eventually, it doesn't give him the same adrenaline rush, so he descends into a dark spiral of kleptomania. Other wrestlers begin to hate him, as do his public. Again, however, the adrenaline runs out, so he takes to fiddling with the young fans of his PG audience.

Great fiction...

Oh

Wait

I think if anyone watched the Social Network and i hear lots did then i'm sure if they were to make a film in the same style about the lead up Wrestlemania (or even the creation of the WWF) with all the stuff that was going on back there and all the characters that were about i think it would be awesome. I mean if they made the Captain America dude small for the first half of the show the could make people big to play the wrestlers so they could cast actors in he roles instead of wrestlers.

There could be some fun with the casting and that sounds like it could make for a good new topic. Who would u cast in the story of Wrestlemania 1?

• Paid Members

Hmmmm, WM1, lessee... They would have to use wrestlers really, as there aren't that many actors the size of Hogan, Orndorff or Mr. T.

Ezekiel (or Rampage) Jackson to play Mr. T, Masters to play Orndorff, McIntyre to play a super-kayfabed Roddy Piper, Helen Bonham-Carter as Cyndi Lauper and a bleached-up Mason Ryan to play Hogan.

This is what I thought they should have done rather than the 'See No Evil' dealy. Seriously, like with Kanes book, tie up all the loose ends etc. I think it'd be an interesting experiment to use their films to coincide with their tv wrestling stories or to introduce new characters with a ready made identity and back story.

Way too much lead time needed -- "we're bringing you up to TV in a year." Which means either a good wrestler has to wait a year for his TV debut, or a shit wrestler has to be good twelve months later.

Also, it's a completely arse-backwards idea. Nobody's going to pay to see the film, because the wrestler's an unknown. They can barely get anyone to see films starring John Cena and Steve Austin, nevermind Billy FCW. So introducing them with a multi-million pound film that nobody lays eyes on would be less effective than a couple of weeks of vignettes that'd only cost a few grand, because at least the viewers of the wrestling show would see the vignettes. And the rookie then has the added pressure of having cost the company X million dollars before he's even debuted, and the subsequent total failure of the film division would be blamed on his inability to draw.

• Paid Members
Way too much lead time needed -- "we're bringing you up to TV in a year." Which means either a good wrestler has to wait a year for his TV debut, or a shit wrestler has to be good twelve months later.

Also, it's a completely arse-backwards idea. Nobody's going to pay to see the film, because the wrestler's an unknown. They can barely get anyone to see films starring John Cena and Steve Austin, nevermind Billy FCW. So introducing them with a multi-million pound film that nobody lays eyes on would be less effective than a couple of weeks of vignettes that'd only cost a few grand, because at least the viewers of the wrestling show would see the vignettes. And the rookie then has the added pressure of having cost the company X million dollars before he's even debuted, and the subsequent total failure of the film division would be blamed on his inability to draw.

Any ideas how Zeus did in terms of popularity or draw? I'd have thought NHB would've generated a lot of interest in him when he debuted.

He was gone within about six months of his debut, having never won a match. Using an actor as a short-term monster opponent for Hogan might have done decent buyrates for the couple of pay-per-views Zeus was around for, though. That system might well work again if they had a Cena film and the baddie from that barges into the WWE to beat Cena in "real life" but it seems like it'd be seen as too phoney.

Hmmmm, WM1, lessee... They would have to use wrestlers really, as there aren't that many actors the size of Hogan, Orndorff or Mr. T.

Ezekiel (or Rampage) Jackson to play Mr. T, Masters to play Orndorff, McIntyre to play a super-kayfabed Roddy Piper, Helen Bonham-Carter as Cyndi Lauper and a bleached-up Mason Ryan to play Hogan.

Masters wouldn't be getting an acting gig in a WWE film now :)

I'm sure they could use CGI to make Hogan look like a younger Hogan as who else could be Hogan? You wanna make him Welsh :) ?

There's one or two rather big actors around these days the likes of Vin Diesel, Ryan Reynolds, Jason Stratham, Chris Evans (not the ginger tosser) all spring to mind.

Archived