WWE Films

Killjoy_Gee

I was having a discussion with my housemates about potential WWE films releases, and I started wondering why they haven't created their own version of A Christmas Carol. I figure it would be a brilliant chance to cash in on everyone's love for christmas, and feature the bulk of their performers.

Vince as Scrooge is perfect, and you could have HBK, Cena and Undertaker as the three ghosts. Cratchit and his wife could easily be Mr H's and Steph. I'm begrudged to say Hornswaggle could be Tiny Tim, but at least he'd get killed off :p

Who else would you cast as prominant figures in the story? Jacob Marley? Fezziwig? Flair would be perfect in either.... Pity he's with TNA

Obviously, it'd be shite as none of them are actors, but I'd still buy it!

• Paid Members

I remember listening to one of Colt Caban's podcasts with CM Punk and Punk said that WWE films should do their own version of Cannonball Run or Wacky Races starring the whole roster. While probably not possible I think that would be a fucking awesome idea. Vince as the maniancal billionaire running the show, superstars teaming up trying to win with over the top cartoon violence and shenanigans.

I remember listening to one of Colt Caban's podcasts with CM Punk and Punk said that WWE films should do their own version of Cannonball Run or Wacky Races starring the whole roster. While probably not possible I think that would be a fucking awesome idea. Vince as the maniancal billionaire running the show, superstars teaming up trying to win with over the top cartoon violence and shenanigans.

It can't be worse than Crush Hour!

In all seriousness, I think this is exactly what it needs. People expect WWE films to reflect the cartoonish nature of Raw and Smackdown... At least I do.

I think a WWE presents Romeo and Juliet would be well worth a laugh. In fact any WWE produced Shakespeare XD

• Paid Members

Punk as Dick Dastardly would be something to see.

Just remake 'The Wrestler' but where Randy 'The Ram' has a wonderful, roid & drug free career only to get futue endeavored at young age & then find himself advertised for shows in Doncaster England but upon receiving no payment and no word from the promoter smothers his wife, wrestles his son to death and then hangs himself with his spandex chinos.

Fixed.

Yeah, I don't know why they don't just make a film about wrestling.

They make television programmes about wrestling every week. What kind of film about wrestling could they make? They're not going to do something serious like The Wrestler. So the option is some comedy romp along the lines of Body Slam or No Holds Barred, and who's interested in that? Even the six people who like those films admit they're shit.

At least their usual films have guns and explosions to (theoretically) appeal to more than just wrestling fans. A wrestling film would definitely only appeal to wrestling fans, and even then not really because we already see John Cena, CM Punk and Randy Orton play wrestlers on telly every single week for fuck all.

• Paid Members
They make television programmes about wrestling every week. What kind of film about wrestling could they make? They're not going to do something serious like The Wrestler. So the option is some comedy romp along the lines of Body Slam or No Holds Barred, and who's interested in that? Even the six people who like those films admit they're shit.

At least their usual films have guns and explosions to (theoretically) appeal to more than just wrestling fans. A wrestling film would definitely only appeal to wrestling fans, and even then not really because we already see John Cena, CM Punk and Randy Orton play wrestlers on telly every single week for fuck all.

Good point, but perhaps there'd be a mainstream interest if there was a WWE produced backstage documentary/film, kind of like a 'Some Kind of Monster' Metallica type deal. Doubt they'd want to do that though.

• Paid Members

Id be happy to see a crap superhero spoof, think of Mystery men meets and marvel comic style production.

Back in the 98 ish, HHH randomly said in a backstage segment 'x-pac and road dogg are out back, cheech and chong style'. Although it wouldnt work with todays audience, i thought that would be a great rehash, pac and dogg as cheech and chong / harold kumar style characters in a film where they basically get wrecked.

Its sounds like a shit idea now.

What about a comedy style story about Vince, playing Vince? About how he took over the WWF, all of the crazy shit thats happened to him since the early 80's (up until passing the torch to HHH).. like i say, done in a darkish comedy sense. If done correctly, it could be great.

Old and new wrestlers, shane could play a young vince etc. Add a couple of proper actors to gain mass appeal.. well aye

they could call it The Road to Wrestlemaina

Archived