Bret-Shawn DVD lineup

JNLister

• Paid Members

(Apologies for starting a new thread, but I can't for the life of me find the forthcoming DVD releases thread.)

San Antonio vs. Calgary

The Rockers vs. The Hart Foundation

Heartbreak Kid vs.The Hit Man

Intercontinental Champion vs. WWE Champion

Showstopper vs. Excellence of Execution

Progressive vs. Traditional

Fantasy vs. Reality

Respect vs. Trust

Redemption vs. Reconciliation

Hope vs. Peace

The Rockers vs. The Hart Foundation

Madison Square Garden

Having the crown jewel of the saga as a Blu Ray extra is gobsmackingly retarded. I'll still pick it up by default though because of the documentary.

I thought they'd have some matches of them wrestling other people. Maybe Shawn wrestling Owen or something like that.Be interesting to listening to them do commentary on each others matches.

Just watching them face each other over and over again is too much.

I will get getting this for sure. Cannot wait. Only thing is most of the matches on there im pretty sure I have, the ladder match and the cage match I know for a fact I have as both were made for video efforts which were not all that cracking. The doc though will probably be awesome.

• Paid Members

For me, FUCK THE MATCHES. It's the documentary that has me fascinated and obviously their sit down interview, face to face. JR interviewing them and watching them speak their minds on the most infamous rivalry in wrestling history??? FUCK..how can you not want to see that!?

• Paid Members
Are any of these new?, like not been on tv/dvd/video before?. The April 92 one doesn't ring a bell, same with the Cage Match.

Edit. Come to think of it. I already have the cage match as well.

Yeah the cage match was on an old Bret Hart video.

I think the April 92 one is the only new one although I don't think the singles match from 1990 or the Tokyo Dome tag with the Rockers have been on a DVD or video release before either.

• Paid Members

The April 92 match from Syracuse is an Intercontinental title defence which you've seen if you saw UK Fan Favourites (93 version) or Invasion of the Bodyslammers tapes. Monsoon and Al Hays do the commentary track, Lord Al as usual is infatuated with Sherri, which I always found a hoot. In hindsight of course, I definitely would have.

I don't think the MSG Harts/Rockers match has been released before on tape or DVD either, only their match taped in Springfield the night after SummerSlam '89 (Rougeaus interfere causing no contest), the unseen phantom Rockers' title win, and their match on Saturday Night's Main Event in spring 1990 (Demolition interfere causing no contest). Keen to see that one, and a good quality version of the Tokyo match which I'd only seen on YouTube previously.

Archived