The Rock's "New Wrestling Look"?

BritFan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I was more disappointed when Bret returned and decided to don Cenaish garb.

Yeah but he would've served a massive injustice if he'd worn the legendary pink & black singlet, knowing he couldn't actually wrestle anymore.

I'd say the most anti-climactic wrestling gear moment was WMXX, when 'Taker showed up as the Dead Man again - but in his biker gear, with just a cowboy hat added and emo hair.

That's a good shout. Me and my friends were all excited, looking forward to see the dead man return (fucking hated the biker shit gimmick) and he is just the same but with a hat. "He's just wearing a FUCKING HAT, that's not a bloody gimmick"

That's one that in hindsight I'm glad he did. I like that Undertakers attire gradually changes and evolves.

Didn't bloody evolve when he returned in 2000, looking the complete opposite to how he did when he was sidelined in 1999. He went from looking the most awesome he ever had, to meh. As below:

Summerslam 1999

74647_crop_340x234.jpg

Yeah but he would've served a massive injustice if he'd worn the legendary pink & black singlet, knowing he can't actually wrestle anymore.

That's a good shout. Me and my friends were all excited, looking forward to see the dead man return (fucking hated the biker shit gimmick) and he is just the same but with a hat. "He's just wearing a FUCKING HAT, that's not a bloody gimmick"

250px-Malibu_Stacy.JPG

• Paid Members
That's one that in hindsight I'm glad he did. I like that Undertakers attire gradually changes and evolves.

I understand that it was supposed to be a fusion of all his old gimmicks, but I think the change was just a bit too gradual, especially for a big return. I was at least hoping for him to change up the trousers or the vest top.

• Paid Members

I was hoping for a bad-ass demon goatee, Ministry-era music, shooting lightning out of his fucking hands and his T logo across his chest. I was hoping for a bit too much though, we can't have 1999 back. As much as Dillkid prays to his gods (whatever fucked up gods he prays to) asking for this every night.

• Paid Members
Didn't bloody evolve when he returned in 2000, looking the complete opposite to how he did when he was sidelined in 1999. He went from looking the most awesome he ever had, to meh. As below:

Summerslam 1999

74647_crop_340x234.jpg

I may be remembering things wrong but I'm sure I remember 'Taker donning more casual but dark get up, similar to the american badass shiz, during his partnership with Big Show when he was hurt and getting him to do his work for him. I'm thinking with a lot of backstage interviews, particularly in the feud with Rock and Mankind and when he tells Show to go pick up the punk card Vals just dropped him after Venis calls out Show after their altercation in the Gents caught by GTV. Which is another point, he was also gradually changing the way he was talking during this time, like in interview time addressing Rock and Mankind as mentioned and when Jericho, shortly after debuting interupted him.

• Paid Members
I may be remembering things wrong but I'm sure I remember 'Taker donning more casual but dark get up, similar to the american badass shiz, during his partnership with Big Show when he was hurt and getting him to do his work for him. I'm thinking with a lot of backstage interviews, particularly in the feud with Rock and Mankind and when he tells Show to go pick up the punk card Vals just dropped him after Venis calls out Show after their altercation in the Gents caught by GTV. Which is another point, he was also gradually changing the way he was talking during this time, like in interview time addressing Rock and Mankind as mentioned and when Jericho, shortly after debuting interupted him.

He deffo was. I seem to recall Taker rocking the bandana at least a few times in them backstage interviews with Big Show in 99.

like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uO4xZ0n1N0

I always thought Ministry Taker was the best look he ever had.

undertaker_bio.jpg

There's a trailer on the internet featuring The Rock in the WWE '12 video game. He's been updated with no hair, his tattoos and he sports his trunks look. Hopefully that's what he'll wear on his return if not he'd have out-dated WWE '12 before it even got going!

Could you imagine if he did turn up at Wrestlemania wearing this to wrestle in? I'd be the biggest anti-climatic wrestling gear moment since HBK wore the poo-poo tights at Survivor Series 2002

Not for me. That award goes to Bret Hart's turn as Stevie Richard's dad at Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members
There's a trailer on the internet featuring The Rock in the WWE '12 video game. He's been updated with no hair, his tattoos and he sports his trunks look. Hopefully that's what he'll wear on his return if not he'd have out-dated WWE '12 before it even got going!

All WWE games are severely outdated by the time they are released though.

Just seen the following:

Vince McMahon stated earlier today that The Rock will be working at multiple pay-per-views in the months leading up to WrestleMania 28. WWE has now posted a link to a photo shoot with The Rock.

Just seen the following:

Vince McMahon stated earlier today that The Rock will be working at multiple pay-per-views in the months leading up to WrestleMania 28. WWE has now posted a link to a photo shoot with The Rock.

this is awesome news.

Archived