Buildings That Don't Exist Anymore

Max Power

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
A few of the shops from Quiggins have moved to that other place on Renshaw St haven't they? I should know its name.

On the subject of Liverpool; the new Paradise St Bus Station is an arse-ache to get to compared to where the old one was.

Yeah, begins with a Q, I think? There are a few shops which relocated to that one but it's only association is the name. Nowhere near as good an environment as the original.

You're right about the bus station. I still hate the Hanover Street road changes, which barely anyone takes notice of.

my old primary school has been knocked down and now has an old folks home build on the land my old high school has also been pulled down with a new school being build there for 2 different schools being amalgamated into the new one

• Paid Members

I saw literally hundreds of gigs in my teen years at the astoria and LA2 in charing cross and now they're gone, It still makes me sick when I think of 3 concert venues and a club I used to go to all the time knocked down for a train station I don't care about and will never use.

• Paid Members

Both my Junior school and Comprehensive school have been flattened in the last few years, nothing has been built in place of them though. What's the point of that?

I also second the Leo's love. Ours was replaced by Co-operative Pioneer, which was then also knocked down years later :(

• Paid Members
Yeah. Used to go there loads when I was younger. One of the few indy cinemas I know of round those parts these days

There's two in Nottingham that I plan on going to when they've got something decent on. The Savoy on Derby Road, and The Galaxy (which was derelict with no roof for years before being restored and tripled), on Derby Road in Long Eaton.

I saw literally hundreds of gigs in my teen years at the astoria and LA2 in charing cross and now they're gone, It still makes me sick when I think of 3 concert venues and a club I used to go to all the time knocked down for a train station I don't care about and will never use.

Our leisure centre was knocked down and the land sold to Tesco for another store. I would mind as much if an appropriate replacement venue was built somewhere, but instead we got smaller sports halls that don't host concerts.

You know the Pulp song Disco 2000? Well the 'fountain down the road' was one in Sheffield centre (Goodwin Fountain), but it got torn down in 1998. That depressed me a bit.

Thus making the proposed meeting in the song actually impossible?! I am devastated.

The Astoria in london has been gone for a couple of years now (knocked down for the crossrail) - some great and some not so great memorys from that place.

not a building, but as a kid my grandad often took me to a massive woodlands near theirs in Essex. the site is now Lakeside shopping centre & chafford hundred.

• Paid Members
There's two in Nottingham that I plan on going to when they've got something decent on. The Savoy on Derby Road, and The Galaxy (which was derelict with no roof for years before being restored and tripled), on Derby Road in Long Eaton.

I love this cinema. Pass this on my way to work every night and check to see what's playing as they often do special screenings. First time I moved to Notts, they were playing TNMT 2: The Secret of the Ooze. I actually called in sick to go see it. I was 22 ffs.

In Ipswich they've pulled down the old Civic centre and the main building of the old college (now a university college) both buildings really used to do something to the skyline as they were both so tall.

Fond memories of making the crappy lifts in the college building really wobble and scare the shit out of anyone sharing it with you by jumping up and down in them.

I love this cinema. Pass this on my way to work every night and check to see what's playing as they often do special screenings. First time I moved to Notts, they were playing TNMT 2: The Secret of the Ooze. I actually called in sick to go see it. I was 22 ffs.

I was about to post to say the same thing. Think recently they ve had Pulp Fiction and Ghostbusters

Archived