RIP Charles 'Bubba' Smith

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/03/bubba-smith-...houston-oilers/

Sad stuff. :(

Former NFL great Charles "Bubba" Smith -- who later starred in the "Police Academy" movies -- was found dead today in his Los Angeles home. He was 66 years old.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ ... LAPD received a 911 call at 12:54PM today -- and officers responded to his home in the Baldwin Hills area. The fire department also responded and we're told Smith was dead when authorities arrived.

The L.A. County Coroner is on the scene investigating. We're told, at this point, authorities think he died of natural causes.

According to the L.A. Times, Bubba's caretaker discovered the body and called police. His autopsy will be performed later this week.

Bubba -- a towering 6'7" -- spent 9 seasons as a defensive end in the NFL, playing for the Baltimore Colts, Oakland Raiders, and Houston Oilers.

He won Super Bowl V with the Colts -- but is most famous for his role as the giant and lovable Moses Hightower in 6 of the "Police Academy" movies.

Hightower Throws a Football from "Police Academy 2"

• Paid Members

I think its Citizens on Patrol where Hightower gets thrown out of the police and is working as a Green Grocer looking all sad and stuff. Then makes a triumphant return to help the Academy save the day when a city riot breaks out.

I always loved that.

They should have made police academy toys.

• Paid Members
I think its Citizens on Patrol where Hightower gets thrown out of the police and is working as a Green Grocer looking all sad and stuff. Then makes a triumphant return to help the Academy save the day when a city riot breaks out.

I always loved that.

They should have made police academy toys.

That would be the first one, and for standing up to racism, too. Stupid Harris. :angry:

I had a few of the toys, although I believe they're long gone. :(

Charles 'Bubba' Smith has been found dead at his Los Angeles home.

The 66-year-old actor and former NFL star - who was best known for his role as Moses Hightower in the hit comedy movie series 'Police Academy' - was found by police yesterday afternoon after officers were called to his property.

According to TMZ, when police arrived, they found the star already deceased and it appeared that he died of natural causes although the coroner is investigating.

Smith played in the NFL for nine seasons before deciding to become an actor in the early 70s. He landed the role of Cadet Moses Hightower in Police Academy in 1984 and appeared in all but one of the seven sequels.

Other stars of the movies include David Graf, G. W. Bailey, Steve Guttenberg and Leslie Easterbrook. As well as the 'Police Academy' franchise, Smith also had several small TV roles, which included 'Half Nelson' and 'Married with Children'.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/n...ad-2331700.html

A sad day for his family and all fans of the Police Academy movies :(

• Paid Members

And Blue Thunder the TV Series.

Joining Tackleberry in the Big Acadamy in the sky. Sad news :(.

Surprisingly, Lassard is still alive and going strong!

Favourite Hightower moments?

I liked in Police Academy 3 where they were training the new recruits. The recruits were sent into a little shed with gas masks on and Hightower & another officer were going to throw smoke grenades into the shed.

The first guy hurled his through the window and it went off. Then Hightower threw his just wide of the window and smashed through the wall.

The other officer looked at him like Hightower had fucked up, Hightower shrugged and said: "It went in, didn't it".

Archived