TNA's Gunner

cobra_gordo

Whilst Gunner's getting a lot of good tv time with Imortal, for me his persona and look screams "loner". So at some point a split from Immortal is due.

Definately. I dont really think he fits in with Immortal anyway, they've got Bully Ray, Anderson,Hogan, Bish, Jarrett and Steiner who are all really vocal personalities and he just sort of lurks in the background being intense. The BFG series has taken him more away from the other Immortal storylines so he's getting attention more on his own merits, not as some goon they've got chasing Angle or the X Division guys so I think it's only a matter of time before he leaves Immortal, it seems like it would be a fairly easy transition.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believed that Gunner had something back in his Security days, the tattoos and the psychopath look made him stand out and I think he's done exceptionally well for himself and is clearly trying his best every time he's out there, he looks like he could rip you in half and now that they've explained his past in the armed forces and the reason he's called Gunner its given him a bit of a personality to complement his appearance. The BFG series is a fantastic way of building new stars and as long as they don't fuck it all up Gunner will come out of it looking like a serious threat. As a few people have already said Gunner doesn't really need Immortal, that angle where Gunner volunteered to fight the five clowns was too brave a move for an Immortal lackey who's supposed to be a heel, I think he should break from Immortal and become a lone wolf with no friends who just kicks the shit out of anyone who gets in his way.

Re: Crimson, I really don't understand the hate. He's got a good look, a good moveset, he throws some wicked suplexes and move confidently around the ring, sure he's not main event material just yet but with a little nurturing he could become an important homegrown player in the company. He's certainly not as green as everyone seems to suggest he is and I don't think I've ever seen him botch anything or drop someone on their head like Hernandez once did to Doug Williams.

• Paid Members
That's exactly what I mean. And I agree with you about Gunner, I think he'd be better suited for the 'Goldberg' style push Crimson's getting now. I've nothing against Crimson, but I don't really buy him as unbeatable. Gunner, on the other hand, I reckon I could and I also think he'd have a very good chance of getting extremely over in it.

Maybe Crimson's hurt a little through the fact you don't actually know how many matches he's won. I wish they'd keep a tally.

For me, the most monstrous Crimson has ever looked was on his debut against Jarrett. Since then, though, his unbeaten streak feels more "Tatanka" than "Goldberg". Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but if they were hoping for another Goldberg, they missed their chance by wasting Gunner in the security role.

The more I think about it, the more I'd have liked to see Crimson teaming with Amazing Red. A nice addition to the tag ranks, and I think they'd have had a nice dynamic going as a face team, not to mention the invaluable experience it'd have given Crimson. Based on the family gimmick, they could've been called "Red Blood" or something.

Archived