UK Wrestling Mayhem on sky channel mychannel

DarloKid

I've seen UKW a few times now, on TV and I've been to two of their shows live, and I think the fairest thing to say is that its a mixed bag! When I saw them live, the shows were much better than how they've been presented on TV. They do use some really great talent, like El Ligero, Val Kabious, Robbie X, T-Bone, Trav, Danny Steel and Mark Impact, but also seem to rely on trainees a lot, which sometimes lets them down, though I don't think its very fair to abuse them! That Lewy Paradise guy is only young and probably doesn't really 'look' like a wrestler yet, but if I remember right, he has invested in pro ring gear at least and was perfectly ok in the ring! Some of the other trainees aren't ready to be on TV, I think they need time to learn properly in a less exposed environment.

Production values are a bit average and sometimes you can't hear the promo's, but as has been said, at least they are giving it a good go!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Apologies if I've missed it posted already, but what Sky channel (number) is this on and when?

Edit: Since nobody answered I did a bit of searching myself and found that it's on Sky channel 219. If, like me, you're curious to watch some you can set your Sky+ for 4.20am tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.

So it would appear if British wrestlers use moves made famous by the WWE that it's fine as long as A it gets given a new name and B they don't do it in UKW? I've seen posts before where people have defended the use of WWE finishers. Based on the one's I've seen most All Star shows feature their fair share of them as I believe the wrestlers are encouraged to use the likes of say a 619 during the show as it probably helps sell the fake ReyMystero masks. If you take away every WWE finisher past and present...what moves are actually left???

One thing that is a little odd is that every time someone sets one of these "bash the guys on TV thread" they always seem to keep quiet and they aren't on here ranting and raving about the fact they are on TV and rubbing it in everyone's faces.

I that a dignified silence or does this not bother them? I know i'd like to hear some insight as to how they make this work for them. I got quoted a thousand quid for a music video by a company in Leeds for my band which is like 4 minutes and looking at Youtube these have twenty odd hours of TV. They might not have WWE level presentation but it's as good if not better as the old wrestling channel stuff and seems to get better every week.

The people they don't book seem to be the ones who care as do other promotions as they are always knocking them at every given chance.

We always whinge and moan that UK wrestling isn't on TV but yet thee guys are out there. Like everyone else in the past i've lined up to have a pop at them for sticking their heads up to be noticed but I don't get to anywhere near the number of shows I once could do so it's kinda cool that If I wanna see a match with the likes of Kris Travis or Lionheart it's there on SKY!!!

Makes you wonder what they could do with some actual support from us wrestling fans.

• Paid Members

What's all this shit about WWE finishers? I can't believe there's even a debate here! So far as I know WWE don't invent and trademark moves so the very idea that someone would feel other people can't do them if they're seen in WWE is madness!

Sure if someone does a Rock Bottom in my opinion they would look VERY silly if it's referred to as a Rock Bottom since that name was created specifically by WWE for The Rock. Nothing wrong with referring to it as a Side Slam though!

Regarding UKW's lack of presence in this thread, I hope it stays that way. This is a fan forum, for fan to give their views. It's refreshing to see someone being professional and keeping out of it.

• Paid Members

A wrestling move is a wrestling move. A "WWE" finisher would probably get a bigger pop from the kids, which I presume would be what UK Wrestling Experience would be looking for if on TV.

I suppose the danger would be over-using current WWE finishers as they may then get the perception they're a WWE tribute band, which they probably don't want.

A wrestling move is a wrestling move. A "WWE" finisher would probably get a bigger pop from the kids, which I presume would be what UK Wrestling Experience would be looking for if on TV.

I suppose the danger would be over-using current WWE finishers as they may then get the perception they're a WWE tribute band, which they probably don't want.

I said essentially the same thing a few pages back probs not as good as you or dj Kris

• 4 months later...

I caught the show last night and i know i've posted this before but UKW has been on air for a while now so i thought i woudl give it another try as you cant really say that the are "bedding in" so to speak but the sound production of the show is truly truly awful1. If you are going to have Brittany Knight cut a 5 min promo in the ring, there is no point doing it by using ambient mics trying to pick up what is coming out of the speakers. You couldnt hear a word of it and sounded amatuerish to the extreme. It also took up about 20% of the programme2. The "colour commentator" needs either a mic of his own or a sound guy that knows where the volume switch is. It sounded like the 2 guys calling the match were sharing a mic between them. Again you couldnt hear a thing from the colour commentator which really defeats the object of them being there. Also when someone does a sneak attack then it might be a good thing to mention who they are instead of just saying "oh my god" repeatedly and then " thats the most dangerous woman around, oh my god" (i think thats what he was saying it was that quiet) before finally telling us whho it is about 5 minutes later. It sounded like neither of the guys had a clue who it was (and not in a "she shouldnt be here, who is this" kind of way)3. Patch your recordings through the system, that way the sound will dramatcially improve and the product will have a chance to get over better. When i can hear the crowd more than the commentators or wrestlers cutting promo's then there is no reason to have them. It makes it still seem amateur and unwatchable.While i was searching for the thread to post i noticed that UKW have posted on here previously, can anyone from the promotion tell me what mics they use?

Archived