UK Wrestling Mayhem on sky channel mychannel

DarloKid

I was hanging around the ring as I was their photographer for a number of months before becoming their Ring Announcer earlier this year.

The channel seem to let it down quite a lot by showing wrong episodes, or sometimes none when they're supposed to, which doesn't help. Whilst I appreciate comments about the production quality, it has improved somewhat in the venue itself since they started. They use a 14/15ft ring when they're out and about - so I can see why it looks so small on tv. but their full time ring is a 20ft one.

And yes, they're gradually getting more of the well known UK Guys on their roster. Prince Ameen, Martin Kirby and Kris Travis seem to becoming regulars now, and they've had the names mentioned above at more than one show in the past.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually scratch everythin remotely supportive i've said about these guys.

I just been on their FB and they've got a heel with what looks like whats gotta be a Cowboy Bob Orton type cast on his arm and sone kind of title belt on his shoulder.

He's called "The Real Ripper" which has gotta be some sick Peter Sutcliffe Yorkshire Ripper reference (they are Yorkshire based) and anyone who grew up in Leeds or Bradford always seems to know a Sutcliffe victim which kinda makes it a bit of a distasteful gimmick, are his stable mates the "Moors Murderers" and the Soham Murderer"?

Though what makes it weird is his last name is "Paradise" which is that meant to be ironic or something? It's like he's called himself "Hannibal Lecter Christmas" or somesuch sh*te???

Lad's also about 15 and looks as threatening as a pokemon.

Actually scratch everythin remotely supportive i've said about these guys.

I just been on their FB and they've got a heel with what looks like whats gotta be a Cowboy Bob Orton type cast on his arm and sone kind of title belt on his shoulder.

He's called "The Real Ripper" which has gotta be some sick Peter Sutcliffe Yorkshire Ripper reference (they are Yorkshire based) and anyone who grew up in Leeds or Bradford always seems to know a Sutcliffe victim which kinda makes it a bit of a distasteful gimmick, are his stable mates the "Moors Murderers" and the Soham Murderer"?

Though what makes it weird is his last name is "Paradise" which is that meant to be ironic or something? It's like he's called himself "Hannibal Lecter Christmas" or somesuch sh*te???

Lad's also about 15 and looks as threatening as a pokemon.

haha, quality post, your anger comes right off the screen, all valid points though

haha, quality post, your anger comes right off the screen, all valid points though

It's more bewilderment than anger but...I was about to edit because I then actually read his page and the lad is 14! Worse still even with that name he's a blue eye!

Well all i gotta say is they better not do a show in Bingley or theyd be a riot when Airboy announces him.

(Holy crap made his debut for RPW 2 years ago! WTF???)

It's more bewilderment than anger but...I was about to edit because I then actually read his page and the lad is 14! Worse still even with that name he's a blue eye!

Well all i gotta say is they better not do a show in Bingley or theyd be a riot when Airboy announces him.

(Holy crap made his debut for RPW 2 years ago! WTF???)

You should come see some good Live wrestling tomorrow at Pontefract Town Hall ;) I like to think we offer a good live product that is enjoyed by many.. and no 14 year olds trying to be heel!

..YET :p

No really go to dPW good wrestlers good bookings no shitarse level workers...

Yet??? Is that some in joke/reference?

Hasn't Robbie X been a DPW guy for a few years? I'm sure he's not old enough to drive car yet!

Do DPW do training sessions before the shows -my brothers lad is somewhere between Knottingley n Tadcaster and pontefract isn't a massive trek from there???

Hasn't Robbie X been a DPW guy for a few years? I'm sure he's not old enough to drive car yet!

Do DPW do training sessions before the shows -my brothers lad is somewhere between Knottingley n Tadcaster and pontefract isn't a massive trek from there???

We have used Robbie-X indeed. one of the most promising youngsters in the country, however we have used him correctly and he has at no point been a heel ;)

We dont currently do training before the shows. due to not being able to get the venues from early enough anymore. We are looking at other venues to expand into soon that will accomodate training.

We are also looking at getting a permanent training venue and sessions set up by the end of the year in Dewsbury, which isnt too far if he can travel.

If you fancy the show, details can be found here: http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=126033 with tickets available on the door tomorrow

nope no injoke at all i'd forgotten about robbie x tbh....

The lad in question had a cast on his arm for a week after breaking a finger.

It's not a gimmick. Just to clarify.

And the term *Ripper* is out of respect to his grandad, who worked in the old World of Sport days as Ripper Collins.

Just felt I had to clear that one up.

The lad in question had a cast on his arm for a week after breaking a finger.

It's not a gimmick. Just to clarify.

And the term *Ripper* is out of respect to his grandad, who worked in the old World of Sport days as Ripper Collins.

Just felt I had to clear that one up.

Im sorry but he doent look like a wrestler most of the roster dont. Too small I seen bigger people in the crowd also a full arm cast for a broken finger have a word mate

Im sorry but he doent look like a wrestler most of the roster dont. Too small I seen bigger people in the crowd also a full arm cast for a broken finger have a word mate

Now i'm back on the defensive as kid with dumb name aside to me a Roster that includes the likes of Val, Travis, Ligero, Blake Warning, Kirby, Manson, Lionheart, Ameen and so far i've spotted Paul Malen, T-Bone, Connors, Noam Dar, Robbie X, Myatt, Ruffneck in their intro video - I mean how much more like wrestlers does there roster need to look? In fact isn't that nearly all peeps voted top 50 last year?

Oh and have u seen their Tiny Iron guy on who i I thought had to have been photoshopped in his promo pics to look as big as he does but nope he's not what u wou;d describe as brick sh*thouse and more brick (the whole) house. Largest bicepts in Britain. It's like old skool roid monster WWE era - which u gotta love!

Thanks for pointing that out Airboy. Having done the same and been in the same situation (though i might have suggested to people it was my wrist i'd knackered to save face) yeah a full cast would depend where he broke his finger and which one. Nobody was arsed when Beckham had a cast to the knee for a broken metatarsal ffs and same principle applies! Also Kudos for obviously wrestling with a broken finger I had to sit on the sofa and be waited on hand and foot in full on poorly man mode.

Back to the dumb name though I'm pretty sure though it's a different audience today which is why there isn't too many of the old WOS gimmicks being used. I mean there are no more Rollerballs or Haystacks for a reason.

Now i'm back on the defensive as kid with dumb name aside to me a Roster that includes the likes of Val, Travis, Ligero, Blake Warning, Kirby, Manson, Lionheart, Ameen and so far i've spotted Paul Malen, T-Bone, Connors, Noam Dar, Robbie X, Myatt, Ruffneck in their intro video - I mean how much more like wrestlers does there roster need to look? In fact isn't that nearly all peeps voted top 50 last year?

Oh and have u seen their Tiny Iron guy on who i I thought had to have been photoshopped in his promo pics to look as big as he does but nope he's not what u wou;d describe as brick sh*thouse and more brick (the whole) house. Largest bicepts in Britain. It's like old skool roid monster WWE era - which u gotta love!

Thanks for pointing that out Airboy. Having done the same and been in the same situation (though i might have suggested to people it was my wrist i'd knackered to save face) yeah a full cast would depend where he broke his finger and which one. Nobody was arsed when Beckham had a cast to the knee for a broken metatarsal ffs and same principle applies! Also Kudos for obviously wrestling with a broken finger I had to sit on the sofa and be waited on hand and foot in full on poorly man mode.

Back to the dumb name though I'm pretty sure though it's a different audience today which is why there isn't too many of the old WOS gimmicks being used. I mean there are no more Rollerballs or Haystacks for a reason.

im sorry mate but i aint seen any of them on the show i get updtes all the time s i was daft enough to like them on fb. Also regaurding the cast i snapped my thumb off at the knuckle and had two pins through me hand in a k pin cast just past me wrist and that was a serious hand injury so i aint buyin it. wiat i have seen that val he has a decent look but is shit and Robbie x i seen on the first one and had a shit match with some kid from crw who was proper horse shit. I seen some fat butcher and some arab terriost bloke and lots of skinny kids

Archived