UK Wrestling Mayhem on sky channel mychannel

DarloKid

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
So... who funds it, books it and has managed to get it on TV when other promotions who have a great product cant afford a TV licence?

Whats Mr Mayhem doing differently?

It's all paid programming. As in, basically, they are buying airtime.

• Paid Members

Randomly stumbled onto this the other night. Was shitty womans match in a teeny, tiny ring. Was really bad. I can't imagine they attract any new fans to their live events via that show, as I'd never heard of it before.

I believe a lot of their events are free entry too which suggests they maybe cant attract a paying crowd and someone has a ridiculous amount of money to throw away paying for TV time and running free shows. All assumptions of course but thats how things seem

Quite poor production values, and god-awful commentary and presenters, but at least they have given it a go.

I've been the first to slate these guys in the past (they had a guy wrestling in a butchers apron ffs!) but is it just me or is it every time a thread pops up (to set up another round of all the same old comments) about UKW it's always started by some "new member"?

What does everyone have against them being on TV? Production wise it's no worse than half the stuff that was on the old Fight Channel.

I used to slate them for their shit roster but having looked on their Youtube I've now seen Lionheart, Noam Darr, Kris Travis, Ligero, Robbie X Val Kabious, Manson T-Bone, Myatt and others... all from last years top 50.

As for Hope Neil Dies comment...aren't nearly all women's matches shit? Teeny tiny ring? I've only seen a huge fkk off 20 foot ring on their shows and didn't know UK promotions could afford to have more than one ring?

I know darlo kid outside of ukFf and he is genuinely just getting into british wrestling, nothing to stop him watching ukw and making his own mind up though

I have watched it odd times when people have said its improved but the whole presentarion puts me off, regardless of who is on the show

I know darlo kid outside of ukFf and he is genuinely just getting into british wrestling, nothing to stop him watching ukw and making his own mind up though

I have watched it odd times when people have said its improved but the whole presentarion puts me off, regardless of who is on the show

Kinda hard for people to be making their own mind up when his last post was that he'll be giving it "a miss" due to the negativity of other posters :D

Free shows, paying for Air time and producing a TV show with some top names? All sounds good to me!

Not surprised people are starting to snipe :)

We're not going to get another promotion doing this any time soon by the look of it but i'd like to reserve final judgement until there's something else Britwres wise to compare it to.

Kinda hard for people to be making their own mind up when his last post was that he'll be giving it "a miss" due to the negativity of other posters :D

Free shows, paying for Air time and producing a TV show with some top names? All sounds good to me!

We're not going to get another promotion doing this any time soon by the look of it but i'd like to reserve final judgement until there's something else Britwres wise to compare it to.

I sky plused the show, but they never ended up showing it for some reason, ill have to try catch it another time.

I skyplussed it once. Watched it over breakfast the following day. Main event was Keith Myatt versus Val Kabious. I was enthralled......by the sounds coming from my Rice Krispies. The content on the TV was gash. Although Airboy was hanging around the ring. Speaking of which it was a very small ring. Hmmmm.....so Rice Krispies? Snap, Crackle and.........(!)

Depends how you act, I would make my own mind up and have done. The lad has since said he tried to give it a go anyway. Eh came on and asked for people's opinions and we all offered it, yours simply differs to the majority who spoke up

If the presenttion was good enough I would watch it all the time, but it isn't, not to the standard I would like so I could enjoy it. I have tried several times and not been able to watch more than a few minutes

Its good that they're trying but persaonally I don't think the presentation is anywhere near good enough. If others do then that's good for them, its all about opinions isn't it

Archived