Meeting Chris Benoit

DJ Kris

• Moderators
Seriousl;y, it's hard to distinguish facts from hearsay or plain made up bullshit these days, so pleaset build your statements up with a proper source!

no.

But this time I will, seeing as you're whinging about it. Try the WON.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Had he not gone off on one, do you think he'd still be wrestling? Would he have followed Angle to TNA? In the era of two companies/thin spread of drawing power, he'd have done well I reckon.

I really don't think he'd be wrestling now. The reports about the state of his brain make me think had he not flipped he'd have suffered some sort of stroke or another brain related condition that would have seen him either dead or pretty well fucked.

Not long before he died he phoned William Regal and asked him to come around so they could watch some AJPW tapes together. Regal turns up, and Benoit wouldn't let him in his house and kicked off about Regal coming over.

I had never heard that before. See when stuff like this starts to emerge you could almost say there were warning signs something was up. I wonder how many other such incidents happened.

Sounds right. She left him a couple of times (he was hitting her for years) and they were always having a shouting match.

This is something else I'd never heard. In fact coming out of what happened I thought people were saying he wasn't that kind of guy?

• Paid Members
This is something else I'd never heard. In fact coming out of what happened I thought people were saying he wasn't that kind of guy?

They were always good at putting on a nicey-nice face to the public. She left him a couple of times and she either had a restraining order on him, or she said in divorce papers that he was hitting her (they got back together soon after). They apparently were always having heated arguments with each other.

What you're thinking about is people saying Benoit always appeared to be a great Dad. I don't remember people saying he was a great husband.

Not long before he died he phoned William Regal and asked him to come around so they could watch some AJPW tapes together. Regal turns up, and Benoit wouldn't let him in his house and kicked off about Regal coming over.

I hope this is true. I can imagine Benoit pissing himself laughing watching Regal walk back to his car confused.

• Paid Members
Every now and again someone will post a thread about Benoit and the crybabies will bitch about not being able to enjoy his matches anymore.

How do you feel about his matches Vito? Considering you bitch and pick apart everything else? I wouldnt have thought Benoit would be up your street?

How do you feel about his matches Vito? Considering you bitch and pick apart everything else? I wouldnt have thought Benoit would be up your street?

Benoit had a lot of great matches and him killing his family years later will never change that, the fact that entities have conspired to erase him from history is disgusting.

Also, that's the third time you've made a smarmy "I didn't think you'd like that" remark and been wrong about it. Perhaps you don't know my thought processes as well as you'd like to think you do.

• Paid Members
Benoit had a lot of great matches and him killing his family years later will never change that, the fact that entities have conspired to erase him from history is disgusting.

Overstatement, no. No good can come from association with Benoit. As good as he was, he will always be the man that killed his family. Do you think casuals are arsed about seeing another Benoit match on DVD, after what he did? I doubt it. To the world, Benoit is famous for being a killer. Why would WWE want to market that?

Also, I completely understand why fans would find it hard to sit and watch a Benoit match. People aren't robots, they can't just switch off the "he's a killer" voice in their head while watching him chop somebody. If you can get over that then I don't hold that against you, but surely you must understand why people have a problem with watching Benoit (unless you are a robot)?

• Paid Members
Also, that's the third time you've made a smarmy "I didn't think you'd like that" remark and been wrong about it. Perhaps you don't know my thought processes as well as you'd like to think you do.

I'm not wrong about it. I asked you if you wouldnt like it, considering you hate everything else. Where's the evidence I was wrong? Your constantly a nitpicking miserable cunt. Just my opinion. Doesnt make me wrong does it?

• Paid Members
...I completely understand why fans would find it hard to sit and watch a Benoit match. People aren't robots, they can't just switch off the "he's a killer" voice in their head while watching him chop somebody.

This is exactly how I feel. I love the Mania 20 event (was there in person), but I would rather not watch again, as that voice in my head possibly won't let me fully enjoy the match and I'd rather have the memory of the last time I watched it being a good one, not one with mixed emotions.

I'm not wrong about it. I asked you if you wouldnt like it, considering you hate everything else. Where's the evidence I was wrong? Your constantly a nitpicking miserable cunt. Just my opinion. Doesnt make me wrong does it?

Derp. I post positively about a lot of things, it's not my fault if you zero in on the negatives and make sarcastic comments to make yourself feel like some kind of forum crusader here to vanquish people who disagree with your views on what's good and what isn't. I speak negatively about things I don't like, what now? I expect your next witty retort will be the old "you don't like what I like so I think you should leave", right?

• Paid Members
I expect your next witty retort will be the old "you don't like what I like so I think you should leave", right?

Why would I say that? Just because your Raw and Smackdown reviews are painfully negative and completely idiotic and make no sense and you cant spot subtly if it was in the form of a custard pie, doesnt mean you should leave. Again your assuming things that arent there. A bit like your Raw reviews..

Archived