What makes someone officially a pro wrestler?

the stupid dragon

Yahoo! Answers says hello.

Good shout. Though with my questions being entirley about pro wrestling, I would have thought a forum full of posters actually in the wrestling industry would have been an ideal place to ask? The fact you think a bunch of randoms could answer questions on wrestling far better than fans, wrestlers and promoters really fucking says something!!!

You know exactly what you're doing, saying things such as "lets face it, learning the basics of pro wrestling isn't that complicated or difficult" which is clearly aimed at trying to a negative reaction out of people. Just like you do in so many other threads. I suspect you know far more than you let on and just like to be a dick.

No, it's just true, the basics of pro wrestling aren't that complicated. It's made to seem complicated for mystique purposes. Anyone can learn to wrestle. FACT! All you need to do, is be willing to get bumped about, which most people aren't. The truth is, all the big muscular jocks in wrestling today, who all look and act the same, learn to wrestle and put on standard matches, with standard psychology, "I am big, I am angry, I wanna beat someone up, I graduated from this college blah, blah blah". When you've got a whole roster full of guys like that, the shows just end up with big men doing moves on eachother, with their only incentive being to win the match. What happened to the characters, with weird and wonderful background stories, with a motive for coming into the business?

Maybe what makes you a pro wrestler, is mastering the art? Understand the physicality of it, though when you've truly mastered the art of wrestling, is when you can tell a story and compell people to your work. The fact you can see guys do a million backflips yet a match like Hogan vs Andre (which tells a story and makes people believe) sticks out in peoples memories forever, is another thing that really fucking says something!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good shout. Though with my questions being entirley about pro wrestling, I would have thought a forum full of posters actually in the wrestling industry would have been an ideal place to ask? The fact you think a bunch of randoms could answer questions on wrestling far better than fans, wrestlers and promoters really fucking says something!!!

No, it's just true, the basics of pro wrestling aren't that complicated. It's made to seem complicated for mystique purposes. Anyone can learn to wrestle. FACT! All you need to do, is be willing to get bumped about, which most people aren't. The truth is, all the big muscular jocks in wrestling today, who all look and act the same, learn to wrestle and put on standard matches, with standard psychology, "I am big, I am angry, I wanna beat someone up, I graduated from this college blah, blah blah". When you've got a whole roster full of guys like that, the shows just end up with big men doing moves on eachother, with their only incentive being to win the match. What happened to the characters, with weird and wonderful background stories, with a motive for coming into the business?

Maybe what makes you a pro wrestler, is mastering the art? Understand the physicality of it, though when you've truly mastered the art of wrestling, is when you can tell a story and compell people to your work. The fact you can see guys do a million backflips yet a match like Hogan vs Andre (which tells a story and makes people believe) sticks out in peoples memories forever, is another thing that really fucking says something!!!

how come you know so much about wrestling and are asking questions someone who just got into wrestling would ask?

• Paid Members
No, it's just true, the basics of pro wrestling aren't that complicated. It's made to seem complicated for mystique purposes. Anyone can learn to wrestle. FACT!

But it isn't true and it certainly isn't fact. I don't believe for a second you're stupid enough to think this, which makes me intregued as to what you're on this forum to achieve. You're a gimmick or a troll, but I don't buy that you are really that stupid and ignorant.

• Paid Members

Not really. It's evident you already know the answers to the questions you're asking (or otherwise could be really easily researched with a quick Wikipedia check) and I thought Yahoo! Answers would provide exactly the muppets you're trying to have fun with here.

But it isn't true and it certainly isn't fact. I don't believe for a second you're stupid enough to think this, which makes me intregued as to what you're on this forum to achieve. You're a gimmick or a troll, but I don't buy that you are really that stupid and ignorant.

no i think he is right anyone can learn anything but to do something well is a totally different story

The "sport" is called Professional Wrestling, so to be a Professional Wrestler, you just have to be an active participant in Professional Wrestling.

A professional Professional Wrestler would be someone who makes money off of Professional Wrestling.

Also semi-pro is basically the same as pro-am - it means that you've got Professionals and Amateurs mixed together, nothing to do with part-time or anything like that.

So a match or company could be semi-pro, but a wrestler couldn't be.

how come you know so much about wrestling and are asking questions someone who just got into wrestling would ask?

Maybe I should take a different approach. Maybe I should just start writing my opinions and sharing my knowledge like a blog.

The reason I ask questions is to generate a discussion and see if there's anyone who can offer knowledge and ideas, which are outside my domain.

It's becoming increasing clear, my understanding of pro wrestling is much more advanced than most peoples, and that seems to be something other UKFF users are picking up.

P.S. I hope I haven't been too harsh to Chris Renfrew, if I have then I apologise for any offense taken.

Maybe I should take a different approach. Maybe I should just start writing my opinions and sharing my knowledge like a blog.

The reason I ask questions is to generate a discussion and see if there's anyone who can offer knowledge and ideas, which are outside my domain.

It's becoming increasing clear, my understanding of pro wrestling is much more advanced than most peoples, and that seems to be something other UKFF users are picking up.

P.S. I hope I haven't been too harsh to Chris Renfrew, if I have then I apologise for any offense taken.

No your posing questions that someone with no clue about wrestling would put at no point have you come across like someone with a wealth of wrestling knowledge.

Allstar69,

Not really. It's evident you already know the answers to the questions you're asking (or otherwise could be really easily researched with a quick Wikipedia check) and I thought Yahoo! Answers would provide exactly the muppets you're trying to have fun with here.

no i think he is right anyone can learn anything but to do something well is a totally different story

This is you agreeing with me!

No your posing questions that someone with no clue about wrestling would put at no point have you come across like someone with a wealth of wrestling knowledge.

I think the above quotes highlighted in bold show something quite different. :nerd:

Allstar69,

This is you agreeing with me!

I think the above quotes highlighted in bold show something quite different. :nerd:

i agreed that anyone can learn anything doesnt mean they can do it. Which is what you said

In that case, would you care to share your thoughts on why they (some people who learn to wrestle) can't do it?

no talent no coordination nerves any number of things. To make it easy for you to understand anyone can learn to drive but not everyone can put all the skills together to be able to drive.

Archived