What makes someone officially a pro wrestler?

the stupid dragon

Who the fuck is Renfrew? He sounds like a backyarder trying to get bookings himself. He goes on this angry-know-it-all-rant then finishes by saying, I've been a fan since I was five so that gives me a pretty good opinion. I didn't think he said anything no one hasn't been saying lately. The arrogant Scotch git!

Dragon, I've been watching Renfrew wrestle for the last year or so and he's no backyarder.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't worry abt it JJsGirl, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if he wants to dislike it thats cool

I know Chris, I just wanted to put forth my opinion too.

• Paid Members
Hey Vito,

Real wrestlers don't work for free and they sure as hell don't pay to be on shows. Though it may be true that a lot of legitimate wrestlers don't make a lot of money doing what they do they'll still get paid for performing, even if it's not a particularly lofty sum. I assume that trainees on trainee shows don't get paid, but that's a different thing. To cut a long story short; you're not a professional wrestler if you're not getting paid and if you are a wrestler who does work for free, or god forbid pays for spots on shows, then you're a mark.

I never said anything about people paying to be put on shows. Where the fuck has this come from???

Semi-Professional is a slippery slope, I know a fair few backyarders-with-a-wrestling-ring who refer to themselves as "semi-professional wrestlers".

Who exactly are you talking about?

I don't think he was implying you did say that, he's simply making reference to something that is well known for having happened before. A particularly famous case revolved around the Dirk Bike Kid going over to ECW and I believe someone recently mentioned Jay Phoenix in similar regard.

everyone is entitled to their opinion (except me apparently) ;)

Yeah, all you were doing in that video was putting forth your opinion and if Dragon didn't like what you were saying, he didn't have to watch it. As the meerkat says "Simples!"

• Paid Members
Yeah, all you were doing in that video was putting forth your opinion and if Dragon didn't like what you were saying, he didn't have to watch it. As the meerkat says "Simples!"

I don't want to come across as rude here, but if you could stop kissing his ass for just a second I'd like to point out that this is a discussion and in the interests of keeping discussion going most people tend to post their views in form of text so that everyone can see, rather than posting a video. After all, not everyone is going to be able to view that.

Don't worry abt it JJsGirl, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if he wants to dislike it thats cool

everyone is entitled to their opinion (except me apparently) ;)

No need for the arrogant Scotch part ok I maybe arrogant and I maybe Scotch but.... oh wait

Dude, who are you?

Archived