Raw 02/08/11

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Random thoughts:

I really hate Triple H. He's supposed to be a babyface (I think) but he has such a smug cunt face I would love to see someone lamp him.

Dueling themes at the end was amazingly bad.

I don't think Beth Phoenix's theme song gets enough credit. It's pretty awesome.

The best part of the show was the Miz/R-Truth backstage segment.

Otungu & McGullicutty.....why? Why do they exist? Just fucking put Drew McIntyre & Chris Masters together as team at least that way we'll have two GOOD wrestlers on the flagship show.

No Jack Swagger this week...I'm struggling to think what they have left to give this guy to do.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
this showed that CM punk still has boundaries because i was thinking ideal comeback 'yeah a natural skinny flabby body minus the help of needles'

Yes, because you have to use steroids to have a better body than CM Punk.

Fuck that comeback would be shit.

Dueling themes at the end was amazingly bad.

That really was awful. Gotta feel sorry for Punk, whose express intention is to help "make this shit cool again" (or at least as cool as it can be), being involved in something so cringe-inducing.

- I keep having a recurring vision that Cena or Rock's going to get injured and the match won't happen at Wrestlemania as I'm going to Wrestlemania. I wonder what they'd do if that were the case.

Funny that, I thought the same this past weekend for Travis Pastrana making his Nationwide debut in Nascar. He then busted his ankle a few days prior to racing at the X Games.

Rock and Cena though is very much different to the above. You'd think that come the new year, they'd want both men to stay as healthy as possible in their scheduling. You couldn't have Cena not wrestle from RR to WM. That would be plain stupid for them not to. But keeping a tighter schedule as not to have anything go wrong with them both will be done, no question.

thought the first segment with trips and punk was terrific stuff; punk cant be delivering white-hot promos like his with vince every week but this was still great stuff, with some funny touches like the blueblood bow and look to camera to undermine trips. also loved the "pipebomb" as he left and his trips impression was pretty good too

also did anyone else think "funkhouser" when johnny ace spoke?

Triple H has been back 2 weeks, I hate him already all over again. His demeanor is all wrong. He is far too smug. I was praying he wouldnt pedigree Punk. Could literally feel it coming. It scares me that apparently 4 of the 6 scripts written for the show last week had Trips leaving Punk lying. That they would even conceive that as being a good idea is horrid.

Don't have a clue why Johnny Ace was used as he added nothing.

All in all they aint exactly wow'in me with their best storyline in years.

For those saying Cena shouldn't claim he is the real WWE champ don't forget that he was kind of screwed out of the title by Vince and Johnny Ace. It wasn't exactly a clean win for punk was it.

Cena's claim to the title is completely legitimate. The champion left and the title was vacated, Rey Mysterio won the vacant title, Cena beat Mysterio. When Chyna left, she was Women's Champion. They crowned a new one later.

Zack Ryder sold more t-shirts than The Rock at Raw last night. Speaking of Ryder, is it just me or on Raw did they not mention him being Teddy Long's assistant? I completely forgot about it until I just saw him on about driving to Zackdown on Twitter.

• Paid Members

Can they get rid of JR again? I'd rather him not be there than have all those insults directed at him as he just sits there. II can put up with Cole when its just him and Lawler. Cole was getting on my nerves last night. I know he's just getting lines fed to him, but it doesnt make it any less annoying. And its harsh to hear it, with little response. Nobody wants to see Jim Ross get slaughtered like that.

Triple H has been back 2 weeks, I hate him already all over again. His demeanor is all wrong. He is far too smug. I was praying he wouldnt pedigree Punk. Could literally feel it coming. It scares me that apparently 4 of the 6 scripts written for the show last week had Trips leaving Punk lying. That they would even conceive that as being a good idea is horrid.

Given how much of this storyline seems to either blur fantasy and reality, or simply to have been planned in advance to work everybody - particularly the net-smarks - I'm not buying the Pedigree-scripts leak. Sounds precisely the kind of stuff they'd "leak" just to wind up internet fans and re-enforce Punk as the underdog, anti-establishment "voice of the voiceless". The Internet is the new Kayfabe if you ask me.

Archived