APB Wrestling Debut Show, 29th October

adam bowler

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why are you giving this imbecile advice like he's ever going to listen to a word anyone has to say?

because its how things go:

Imbercile announces he's running a show

everyone reacts with mock horror and feigns disgust at someone else coming along to damage the great name of british wrestling thus depriving us of a tv deal on channel 5!

everyone gets angry he gets angry you get angry the whole freaking forum gets angry....ok 5 of us who read this particular section of the forum get angry

some give him advice he pretends to take it

guys who say they'd never consider working for anyone who'd damage the ''integrity'' of british wrestling go and work for him

people either get false advertized or dont get paid or the ring mysteriously arrives in the outer hebrides

everyone comes on here and gets angry..

he quits britwres FOREVER before resurfacing 3 months later

the cycle repeats over and over again with new names!

its the britwres way!

Stick to being a fan.

Vince made it cool to be the boss when he became an on-screen character. It is due to this we have so many shitarse shows being run because the people running them just want to imitate what they see on TV and that is getting to play being the boss of your own wrestling show.

how can you justify doubling your ticket prices just cause a forum member pointed it out????? this must be a first for Britwres "prices subject to change" could you look into this PC Hitman im sure theres a law about once a price is advertised you are entitled to the "goods" at that price

Adam just stop commenting on here or reading the posts etc and stop sending people messages and bugging people for commenting.

Surely you have better things to do with your time? Like promote a show? I am hearing from people about you harassing them and reading it on Facebook and Twitter.

I have sold out my first show using the internet so it is a very powerful tool. How many tickets do you think you will sell online with your attitude towards potential fans?

Dont attack people because your poor planning has led to a mix up with prices.

I hope all does get better for you but this is the UKFF so when somebody sticks the knife in then dont twist it for them!

Adam just stop commenting on here or reading the posts etc and stop sending people messages and bugging people for commenting.

Surely you have better things to do with your time? Like promote a show? I am hearing from people about you harassing them and reading it on Facebook and Twitter.

I have sold out my first show using the internet so it is a very powerful tool. How many tickets do you think you will sell online with your attitude towards potential fans?

Dont attack people because your poor planning has led to a mix up with prices.

I hope

all does get better for you but this is the UKFF so when somebody sticks the knife in then dont twist it for them!

Sorry forgot who you are, i am only posting my show details on here my friend i am not out to cause people trouble, i am not bugging people, i am not harassing people, i am not on twitter either, ok my attitiude could be better i admite that and if anyone trys to get to me on here i am not going to play their game, like i said i only putting my show infor on here nothing else. If you would like to give me advice please email me on my FB ok

thanks again

• Paid Members
If you would like to give me advice please email me on my FB ok

But that's the thing: if you need advice then you shouldn't be running a show. Especially when you can't even do something as simple as pricing tickets properly.

Righto then, here goes. i don't post on here particularly regularly, largely because there's generally people far more qualified than me, and generally by the time I come to a thread someone's already said everything that would have occurred to me. There's a few bits I think I can add here though. I should preface this by saying that I've never put on a wrestling show. But I have spent a long time involved in putting in on music events, and it's partially because of that that I wouldn't even attempt to do a wrestling event, as in my estimation, it's a much more complicated and difficult kind of an event to organise and I simply don't have the contacts, experience or knowledge to do it.

Firstly, Adam, have a look at the way the more established promotions conduct themselves on here. I'm thinking primarily of Sloan and IPW:UK as they're the ones I pay most attention to, but a quick glance through the UK events section will show you a good number of other companies with clear, concise threads promoting their events. You'll notice that the first post in these threads will give all the salient information: Venue, date, price, who's confirmed to work the show (even if at that point there's only one or two confirmed), and perhaps even a nice graphic. Compare this to yours, where the first post simply says that you're going to post some information. A couple posts down, you tell us that it's in the Leeds 12 area. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that since you've not named a venue, you haven't got one yet.

Obviously you're excited, and want to chat away about your event, but you've started a thread here for a date with no venue or talent confirmed, As it stands, you don't have an event to promote. You'd have done yourself a favour by waiting till more of the organisation was in place and you actually had something to announce. An event thread needs a few facts in it if people are going to take it seriously.

Next up, your spelling, punctuation, and grammar are atrocious. That's fine, not everyone is great at these things, and the odd slip wouldn't matter. Shit, even Mark Sloan makes the odd spelling mistake in his updates, and nobody mins because it's the exception rather than the rule. Your posts, however are so badly written that I struggle to extract the meaning from them. If you really struggle with this, have someone proofread your posts for you. If I see an advert - for ANYTHING- and it's badly written, badly spelt, badly presented, then it makes me think that the event will be badly run.

I'm not going to bang on about the pricing structure mistakes and take the piss, but the fact that you made that error, then quickly changed the prices again, makes me think that you haven't actually really considered what your prices SHOULD be. By this I mean from a purely business standpoint- what do you need to charge to break even? Consider all your expenses, work out how much you need to make to turn a profit, make a realistic estimate of how many people will attend and work your ticket prices out from there.. So with my background, I'd need to consider venue hire, PA hire, the bands' guarantee, cost of their rider, accommodation for the band, and security,a long with a few incidentals such as promotion costs and so on. Seriously consider ALL the costs that are going to arise and work out what you need to charge.

As a lot of people have said in other threads here in the past though, don't rely on door take to cover these costs. Even if not one person shows up, you should have enough money behind you to pay everyone anyway. What worries me is that seeing as you paid all the talent for the show that didn't happen, you actually do have some money behind you and this is nothing more than a vanity project.. Which, in principle there's nothing wrong with. But if you don't care about breaking even, then you've no real incentive to make it a good show.

I hate to repeat what plenty of people on here have said, but having had a gander at your facebook page, it's fairly clear that you're a big wrestling fan and you want to get involved. Nowt wrong with that, I'm turning 30 this week and have pictures on my living room wall of me meeting various wrestlers. But I'm under no illusions that with no experience I could put on a decent show right now. Get involved in some other way and learn a little bit about how it all works. I know you're not keen on hearing this, but seriously, just get involved with an established local company and do everything you can to learn the business. You'll get the satisfaction of being part of it without the inevitable financial doughnut-punching and recrimination that will occur when your lack of experience result in (at best) the event not happening, or (at worst), it being an utter, utter clusterfuck.

Finally, stop getting into rows on here. If you absolutely must take people to task over the points they make here, take a deep breath, and try to address what they've said logically rather than getting the arse. Again to use people such as Sloan, Andy Quildan and co as an example- they don't get into stupid arguments on here. A little maturity goes a long way.

Sorry forgot who you are, i am only posting my show details on here my friend i am not out to cause people trouble, i am not bugging people, i am not harassing people, i am not on twitter either, ok my attitiude could be better i admite that and if anyone trys to get to me on here i am not going to play their game, like i said i only putting my show infor on here nothing else. If you would like to give me advice please email me on my FB ok

thanks again

Not harrassing people....hmmm my inbox says different.

Archived