FutureShock 53! Sunday 28th August. Stockport Guildhall

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking forward to this!

Will be interesting too see what the other matches which have been announced on here are!

Cyanide, Sam Bailey and the Nordic Warrior are supposed to be appearing and I would expect the Daniels/Egan storyline to be furthered some more too.

The event will be good whatever the card is, FSW consistently deliver.

I went to this show tonight, my first 'indy' show since FWA's 'Revival' King of England show back in 2002 which featured Eddie Guerrero & Brian Christopher. I thought the show was pretty good, definitely value for money and i most likely will be returning. This is what I wrote elsewhere about my experience with Cabana:

So i'd never heard of this company but my friend Sabrina informed me on Thursday evening that Colt Cabana was doing a show with them on Sunday night.

Based in Stockport near Manchester, i went not expecting much. We were 20 minutes late which normally i'd be annoyed about, but because we were late, in the lobby Colt Cabana was setting up his merchandise stand and said "Guys come onnnn! You'll miss it!", kinda starstruck I just complimented him on the Wrestling Road Diaries DVD and we went to the bar, got a beer to take in and as we went into the actual 'arena' Colt acted as a doorman which was awesome. "Don't forget to tip!", at this point me and my friend shook his hand, still pretty starstruck i didn't say much, just nodded at him and smiled.

Some decent wrestling later came the interval, at his merchandise stand, I said 'Nice shirt!' pointing at his workman's 'Professional Wrestler' shirt, he said "Yeah, you too man!" pointing at my 'I ✡ Colt' shirt. My friend had a portable charger for his phone which wired through his shirt, by the end of the night it would be known by Colt as 'The wired electric penis'.

We got a picture of course:

318484_10150765832110462_751955461_20340041_6413455_n.jpg

I got the courage and complimented him some more on the Wrestling Road Diaries and said after watching things like 'Beyond The Mat' it was nice to see a positive story, he said "Yeah, i'm not really the new Jake the Snake!". I asked him if he was interested in doing another one and he said he was thinking about doing one with Luke Gallows and someone else (I really can't remember who he said haha) and we spoke about other crap like his scooter and not CM Punk. I heard other people talking about him a lot and I imagine it must be kinda annoying. I also asked him how his studio apartment hotel in Manchester was :). He's just a ridiculously funny guy. We spoke for about 10 minutes altogether and he's just a really nice guy.

Anyway, he wrestled the main event, pretty good match, incredibly entertaining.

Just thought i'd share my experience, first time i've properly interacted with a wrestler and I was worried he'd be a dick, but definitely not. One of the nicest guys i've ever met. If he's wrestling near you, go see him, he has time for everyone and he's great for the small companies he's helping out.

Archived