UKFF 6th Annual NFL Fantasy League - DRAFT TONIGHT!

Lawz

I'm looking over the specifics for setting up the league this year, just incase HTFC isn't around (I've messaged him, but best to be pro active first) and I thought I'd discuss with the regular members we have on certain stuff that we might want to look at, change and improve for this year.

1. I've had a look at the live draft dates and for some reason the August bank holiday (Monday 29th) doesnt seem to be available. Are we all okay with Sunday 28th? or would you prefer Tuesday 30th? The draft time will be 9pm as I think thats been the case in recent years.

2. Starting teams are set up as QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/K/DST with a RB/WR option as the last starter, did we all prefer the RB/WR option or did you prefer the 3WR option?

3. Points scoring, it seems that this year its ALL editable so I can change nearly everything about the game if we wished to. Last year we had QB's scoring 4 points per TD whereas previous years on the old software it was 6 points along with RBs and WRs and everyone else. Do you prefer lesser points for the QB's or should we revert to the normal 6 points for every player scoring?

4. Divisions. I've currently got us down for 3 divisions and 12 teams. Playoffs will be 8 teams in weeks 14 thru to 16. I think this is how it used to be, but more input needed here.

5. Fractional points. Yeah, those... I hated them last year but did see a slight benefit with more accurate scoring. Did anyone prefer them or would you prefer the points scoring to revert to 1 point per 10 yards rushing/recieving?

Last but finally if theres anything anyone else can think of that would enhance the league, make it fairer etc lets post it here and have a league we can all agree on as its usually so much fun from September onwards. :)

• Moderators

1. Sunday or Tuesday? Two shitty choices there, but if I had to choose I'd probably go with Tuesday. As of now, anyway.

2. I preferred the RB/WR Flex option to be honest.

3. I think with the league becoming so airbased, the new 4 point system was a bit better.

I don't really have an opinion on 4 or 5.

1. Sunday or Tuesday? Two shitty choices there, but if I had to choose I'd probably go with Tuesday. As of now, anyway.

2. I preferred the RB/WR Flex option to be honest.

3. I think with the league becoming so airbased, the new 4 point system was a bit better.

I don't really have an opinion on 4 or 5.

It doesnt have to be Sunday or Tuesday, it can be any day in August it seems, but it also seems that Monday 29th is not available. I've tried searching as to why, but can't find a reason. :(

1. I don't mind when the draft is.

2. I prefer the flex option.

3. I liked the 6 points that QB's got for TD's.

4. That format for the Playoffs sounds fine.

5. I'm not fussed what happens about the fractions.

• Paid Members

1. I prefer tuesday night.

2. RB/WR sounds fine.

3. Normal.

4 sounds fine, 5 I'm OK with whatever.

Looks like i'll be in the minority, but the 30th is the Wifes birthday so I'd prefer the Sunday.

Def with the WR/RB option, gave you a few more options during bye week as well.

As for the rest of the options i'm really not fussed and quite happy to go with the majority and adapt. Roll on September 8th!

1. I've had a look at the live draft dates and for some reason the August bank holiday (Monday 29th) doesnt seem to be available. Are we all okay with Sunday 28th? or would you prefer Tuesday 30th? The draft time will be 9pm as I think thats been the case in recent years.

I'd prefer a weekend date, but to be honest it doesn't really matter I'll go with the flow.

2. Starting teams are set up as QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/K/DST with a RB/WR option as the last starter, did we all prefer the RB/WR option or did you prefer the 3WR option?

Definitely Flexi. I loved that option as you could vary your teams and have better backup choices.

3. Points scoring, it seems that this year its ALL editable so I can change nearly everything about the game if we wished to. Last year we had QB's scoring 4 points per TD whereas previous years on the old software it was 6 points along with RBs and WRs and everyone else. Do you prefer lesser points for the QB's or should we revert to the normal 6 points for every player scoring?

Old system, missed out on some big QB performances last year.

4. Divisions. I've currently got us down for 3 divisions and 12 teams. Playoffs will be 8 teams in weeks 14 thru to 16. I think this is how it used to be, but more input needed here.

Think this is fine.

5. Fractional points. Yeah, those... I hated them last year but did see a slight benefit with more accurate scoring. Did anyone prefer them or would you prefer the points scoring to revert to 1 point per 10 yards rushing/recieving?

No problem with Fractional's, we had some v. close games so these make things fair.

Last but finally if theres anything anyone else can think of that would enhance the league, make it fairer etc lets post it here and have a league we can all agree on as its usually so much fun from September onwards. :)

Not really any major opinion here, I think last year was great fun.

General consensus seems to be QB 6 points this year, I think we'll go with that

I'm going to run with fractionals based on people not minding and it worked alright last year.

Draft day looks set to be the Tuesday at the moment, but we can always select a date ourselves if anyone wants to draft later/earlier. August seems to be completely free except the 4th, 9th, 18th and 29th. Whilst any day in September is free up till the 7th. I'm still pissed off we can't do the usual bank holiday draft.

In addition to the scoring options, theres also stuff like QB's losing points for sacks which I've seen before but wasnt in last year and also the way defences work, previously you started with 20 points (10 for 0 points, 10 for yardage) and lost points dependant on how many points/yards the defence gave up. Last year it was only done based on how many points your defence lost and yardage did not matter. I prefered it that way as I felt defences were overpowered sometimes. If anyone has any sort of scoring suggestions whatsoever then lets here them, as everythings editable.

I've started sending out invites and we're halfway full, I want to wait till I hear from HTFC as to whether he's playing this year before I invite non regulars. In addition, any regulars I've missed out so far?

We're nearly full now, one spot remaining. Does anyone wish to take the last spot or is there anyone who previously played that I've forgotten? Last spot up for grabs :)

Think that might have been for me. I've only just got back from my hols (I was away when I replied to your message last week). I've just entered now.

Think that might have been for me. I've only just got back from my hols (I was away when I replied to your message last week). I've just entered now.

It was! Sorry about that you would of missed out if you wasnt so quick! Anyway, panic avoided and we're now set for the season.

Draft Day will mpw be

Monday 29th August @ 9pm

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys

NFL.com's draft selector is now letting me select Bank Holiday Monday as the draft date, would anyone prefer we switched it now to the regular date? I've not changed it yet but if we're all agreed I'll move it to the Monday as per usual.

Hey guys

NFL.com's draft selector is now letting me select Bank Holiday Monday as the draft date, would anyone prefer we switched it now to the regular date? I've not changed it yet but if we're all agreed I'll move it to the Monday as per usual.

It will be touch and go for me to make it in time for the bank holiday draft time. I will be landing at the airport at 6.30 and it is an hour drive back home, so any delays I will be pretty screwed.

It will be touch and go for me to make it in time for the bank holiday draft time. I will be landing at the airport at 6.30 and it is an hour drive back home, so any delays I will be pretty screwed.

Remember to rank players before hand just incase, I'll be sending out PM's/reminding in topic this weekend about making sure players are ranked to your liking. If your a little late you'll probably only miss 1/2 draft picks and if your rankings are good, you should get who you want. Hopefully theres no delays!

Archived