One Pro Wrestling Statement

robbo9292

Be interesting to hear why he's put "WWE Live" as the administrative contract. I can't see WWE being too happy with Danny using their trademarked name.

I can't see ANYONE being too happy with Rodd these days!

He's basically decided to throw in the towl, which let's face it, was inevitable. I didn't see 1PW surviving the year.

I am surprised Rodd didn't advertise The Rock vs Goldberg for one of his shows. He was going on about getting Sting over on the 1PW facebook page, yeah, whatever Danny.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in fairness to 1PW surely if people just decide they dont want to come or dont want to pay the rest that is their choice but as the show is going ahead apparently then 1PW wouldnt be obliged to refund

I know there is more to it than that but if 1PW are providing the service they sold to customers they wouldnt have to refund I wouldnt have thought

Without getting too techincal there are 2 precedents set here

1. The dome was issuing refunds based on the show been cancelled. Danny was also offering refunds as visible on the Facebook page. An offer had already been made which he is now rescinding.

2. They have stated that the original contract with HBK had problems in it and the have negotiated a new contract. The tickets previously purchased were covered by the original contract with HBK, not the new one. 1PW have to honour those tickets previously purchased but, regardless if the new contract has the same requirements on Shawn for attendance, they are bound to supply refunds because the original contract was declared null and void.

There are legal points there that far more qualified people then i can go into if people really want to take it up but it is also dependant on the T&C's of the ticket purchase in the first place and whether they are in compliance with statutory rights.

Without getting too techincal there are 2 precedents set here

1. The dome was issuing refunds based on the show been cancelled. Danny was also offering refunds as visible on the Facebook page. An offer had already been made which he is now rescinding.

2. They have stated that the original contract with HBK had problems in it and the have negotiated a new contract. The tickets previously purchased were covered by the original contract with HBK, not the new one. 1PW have to honour those tickets previously purchased but, regardless if the new contract has the same requirements on Shawn for attendance, they are bound to supply refunds because the original contract was declared null and void.

There are legal points there that far more qualified people then i can go into if people really want to take it up but it is also dependant on the T&C's of the ticket purchase in the first place and whether they are in compliance with statutory rights.

Can't see how either of those would affect anything, bottom line if you've purchased tickets to two events, and those events happen, contract negotiations or renegotiations have nothing to do with you. You've purchased a non-refundable product, short of the show not happening he owes no-one a thing.

As for the previously advertised refunds, that was offered at the companys discrection, and can therefore be removed at any tme. Essentially no-one has a write to ask for a refund at this point, and won't do until the show doesn't happen and is confirmed as being called off by the promotor.

Just ring him, or send registered post.

T&Cs from the site (which breach SR, but never mind...)

Terms & Conditions

Refunds

Refunds will ONLY be given if a item is faulty? or if its an event/s ticket/s, we will ONLY refund if a talent has cancelled there appearance with One Pro Wrestling. or One Pro Wrestling change the Date And/Or Venue of a Show you have purchased tickets to and can no longer attend the shows.

Please be sure to fully check dates of events BEFORE buying tickets.

Therefore, you're entitled to a refund via his words if anyone has cancelled since you purchased.

I have had a look around and have covered every avenue. If you think I have any other options please let me know.

When the first promotions 1pw cares to name are ones that have barely been around 5 mins I suddenly remember why I dislike them so much. 1PW disrespected its fans, wrestlers and other wrestling promotions with its actions over the last few years but that closing remark makes me quite pleased they are finally done, not a moment too soon, in my view.

Archived