One Pro Wrestling Statement

robbo9292

‎1PW Would now also like to take the time to announce that 1PW - The Anniversary Show will be the last ever 1PW Show. to the "haters" you got what you wanted, to the fans that have always supported 1PW, Thank You, the UK is full of other promotions. Pro Wrestling Elite, PCW - Preston City Wrestling plus many more like PBW & FWA - Love us, Hate us, Either way, Thank You

From the One Pro Wrestling facebook page.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
‎1PW Would now also like to take the time to announce that 1PW - The Anniversary Show will be the last ever 1PW Show. to the "haters" you got what you wanted, to the fans that have always supported 1PW, Thank You, the UK is full of other promotions. Pro Wrestling Elite, PCW - Preston City Wrestling plus many more like PBW & FWA - Love us, Hate us, Either way, Thank You

yeah, cos this makes me want to go and see this show. WHy so bothered about the 'haters', they wont come to your shows so who gives a fuck what they think

As I posted in the show thread.

I knew he'd blame the 'haters'. Truth is, D-Rodd, you created all those haters yourself through your own dodgy dealings, uselessness and your moronic reactions. That's why most of the fan base, the wrestlers and other management members all abandoned you, you are absolutely no use to wrestling in any shape or form, do that last show and fuck off, get a 9-5 job and lets never hear of you again. You failed, goodbye!

I don't see any blame being dished. A bit of a needless dig at people sure, but no blame. It's weird because 1PW did have a semi-clean slate YET AGAIN from a lot of people, despite the past, and they once again seemed to do everything they could to ensure any good will that people had was gone. They even got off to a decent enough start with a fairly low key show. Same old mistakes again though.

And so another chapter in the Book of Shitarsery that constitutes BritWres draws to a shuddering close.

I sometimes think that no matter how much wrestling tried to escape its carny roots, there's something in the genetic makeup that drags it back. For every person trying to build a good reputation for a British Wrestling company, there seem to be two Danny Rodds pulling in the other direction.

Ultimately, I guess it's down to those who work as pro wrestlers. Stopping taking bookings from crappy feds might hit your wallet in the short-term, but in the long-term it might help stop the british wrestling scene from constantly scraping along the bottom.

Rodd in response to a fans complaints

i actually partly agree with you Michael, hence the reason people were bought in to assist in areas of my weakness, Maurice for the money/legal side. Lynskey was supposed to be a go between for wrestlers / management, as they were supposed to "respect" him, but as soon as someone in the roster called him on it, he upped and quit. his decision. an entirely new team was formed to help 1PW succeed, Yes, while it may come down to me as i have the final say or whatever. i asked for the help like people always told me too. the only people who really were helpful were Adam Curtis & Mark Sloan. Anyway, if any more news comes.. it will be posted.

Lynskey then got Ruffneck to post a response since he's banned from the 1PW FB page but it was deleted, here is that response however

if only danny would let me post on the 1pw wall.......no my decision to quit was because...... you never took one bit of advice....you mucked up or lied about dubai deal...you then lost the download deal...you then left to go on holiday without booking flights, getting visa's etc......the reason i quit after may had nothing to do with a roster member saying anything........it was do with you thinking you knew it all!! also you hate dealing with the fans dont you danny....there a 'pain in the fuckin ass' right??? you still owe wrestlers money..you still owe people merch.....dont be trying to say ur the victim here. oh i was going to quit before the may shows....i only stayed cos i was asked to by your EX business partner.....

Archived