Strikeforce: Fedor vs Henderson Discussion Thread

David

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shane Del Rosario beating Brandon Cash with an omaplata on an old Challengers show but apart from that I don't recall another one.

Cheers for that, my memory must be all kinds of fucking appalling. I've just checked and it was underneath the Evangelista/Gurgel main event which I am certain I've seen.

• Paid Members
Cheers for that, my memory must be all kinds of fucking appalling. I've just checked and it was underneath the Evangelista/Gurgel main event which I am certain I've seen.

Yeah that's the one, I only saw it fairly recently and it surprised me that it ended with the omaplata. I've heard/read that guys have tapped to the body triangle before too but never seen it.

Ty Woodley's mum is my favourite thing in MMA right now

Praise to GOD, praise to GOD. She was awesome. On one of the UFC DVD's on the behind the scenes features it shows Pat Barry on the phone to his mom after winning a fight and she was equally hilarious. MMA moms :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

can't forgot Rashad's impersonations of his mum either, brilliant.

Yeah that's the one, I only saw it fairly recently and it surprised me that it ended with the omaplata. I've heard/read that guys have tapped to the body triangle before too but never seen it.

Ivan Salaverry tapped Tony Fryklund with a body triangle in the UFC.

Remember the 'Tim Kennedy is a dick' conversation the other day? Heres some more fuel from him:

Tim Kennedy is looking for a fight. Does anyone have one for him?

The Special Forces soldier is frustrated. He said it's been a while since he's had a good scrap.

In his past three fights, his opponents have spent more time backing away from him than engaging.

He said his most recent opponent, Robbie Lawler (18-8 MMA, 2-4 SF), is guilty of that charge, and Kennedy (14-3 MMA, 5-1 SF) isn't afraid to say it. Following a unanimous decision over the former EliteXC champion this past Saturday, Kennedy, an active duty solider in the Texas National Guard, said he's getting tired of chasing down a firefight.

"I was really disappointed with myself, and honestly, Robbie," he today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I wanted to meet in the middle and go. I felt like I was chasing him for 15 minutes, so yeah, bittersweet."

Not two days after their meeting at "Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Henderson," Kennedy is back at the gym, taking out his frustration on heavy bags and other things that can be hit.

He hopes to fight again on Strikeforce's Sept. 10 event if a fight between current champ Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza and Luke Rockhold falls apart. He fought Souza this past August and left that one in frustration as well.

It might not have sapped his enthusiasm for his second job, but it's unsettling. He's not sure of the cause of his current predicament.

"There's rumors about how many zombies I killed in the last apocalypse, and I think that perpetuates through MMA," he said. "I don't know why."

Known for his heavy hands and aggressive style, Lawler seemed more preoccupied with moving than mixing it up as the fight progressed. While that might suggest a concern about being taken to the mat, Kennedy said it doesn't explain why there were so few punches thrown his way.

"I only shot like eight or nine times that entire fight," he said. "I tried to kick him in the face and punch him in the face, too.

"But being overly concerned [and being] defensive makes you lose a fight regardless. If he thought that the only chance he had was a puncher's chance, then that's a dumb fight. That's a boring fight. I don't want to fight that fight.

"This was like the third guy in a row that's just backed up from me, and it's getting really old. I just want dudes to fight me."

:rolleyes: Wanted to stand and bang? Yet doesn't leave go of Lawler's legs all fight. The dick acts as though he fights like Chris Leben.

• Paid Members

Kennedy comes across as such a smug, overbearing twat. I wish Lawler would have attacked more though, especially in the last round. Kennedy had slowed right down and wasn't shooting as much. If Lawler had upped the aggression in the 3rd I think he could have stopped him.

TKBLOOD.jpg

Just seen this quote from Aleksander Emelianenko, he's not a fan of his brother's coaches apparently

• Paid Members

Alexander is definately the more outspoken of the two brothers :)

i recommend you check out mmajunkie's monday show, they had Stitch Duran on to co-host for the whole show and he gave some excellent little insight to the Fedor/Henderson fight. Anytime Stitch co-hosts it's essential listening, but this was really cool. Stitch is a guy who's wrapped hands of the greatest fighters in the world both MMA and Boxing, but he admits that the aura that Fedor has is something very special. The whole interview made me an even bigger fan of Fedor even though he lost saturday night.

MMA Junkie radio - you can download it on the left hand side of the page.

Archived