"Darkside" James Scott makes Zero-One Debut 23/07/11

Leckie

On 23/07/11 James Scott (formerly known as Darkside) made his Japanese Wrestling debut in front of over 4000 fans at a Zero-One show in Aomori! He had his first match with Nik Promo where he lost via a Half Hatched Suplex hold in 12 minutes and 15 seconds. Stay put for more information.

26829116198775720458710.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Very well done to James. Very well deserved. Japan has been one of his life goals in wrestling to do and now he is getting his chance.

So pleased for James. Since giving him one of his earlier singles opportunities in 2005ish, he's been a regular in 3CW and we're absolutely stoked he's got the opportunity he's worked towards for a long time. If I hear results I'll bang em up here!

While Zero One's popularity may have diminished in recent years, he should still be getting in the ring with Jnr's like Hidaka, Sawa, Mochizuki (sometimes) and Sugawara. And potentially heavyweights like Ohtani, Tanaka and Sekimoto.

Can't wait to see how he fares and how much of it ends up online.

It's great to see lots of guys getting the chance to work abroad in the past few months. Speaks volumes for the current talent being groomed in the UK right now.

I have seen nothing from James since his 'Darkside' 1PW V.1 days. Hope he does really well :)

Is this the lad that was in a car crash not too long ago?

This time last year I think.

That belt is the ICW ( Insane Championship Wrestling ) Title. He's had something of a reign of terror with it since his first show back from the car crash where everyone was fooled into thinking he had retired in the days building up to the show, before he came back and won the gold in front of a stunned audience. He's gone onto excel in the "fucking arsehole" role he plays as champ.

More info than you wanted, but fuck it.

Wow! I wasn't even aware he was scheduled to go over there let alone that he is there. Good to see it's not just Zack getting an education over there. Deffinately one of my favourite UK guys, always been a fan and I hope he starts appearing for GPW again soon. Fingers crossed he gets to work some of the old hands like Ohtani and Tanaka

This time last year I think.

That belt is the ICW ( Insane Championship Wrestling ) Title. He's had something of a reign of terror with it since his first show back from the car crash where everyone was fooled into thinking he had retired in the days building up to the show, before he came back and won the gold in front of a stunned audience. He's gone onto excel in the "fucking arsehole" role he plays as champ.

More info than you wanted, but fuck it.

No, no not at all I found that very interesting actually, thanks for answering my questions with that level of detail. Good post.

• Paid Members

Over the moon for James. Considering this time last year he broke his back in a car crash it shows how far you you can come with hard work. Fingers crossed he does well and stays healthy, He sounded over the moon when he found out he was booked to work over there, as people have already said it was 1 of his main wrestling dreams.

• 2 months later...

Archived