Nash Is Back

fugaziuk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Fuck me, can't believe Nash linked the Finger Poke of Doom to Goldberg cutting his arm on the limo window when the two incidents were almost a whole year apart! Can't believe nobody pulled him up on it either!

I need to watch it back but I thought he was on about getting the nWo back together (referencing the third time) to face Goldberg.

• Paid Members

By the looks of it, nobody around that table was dealing in facts, so probably had no idea the incidents were 12 months apart. What a bitter fest that was. As much as I love Big Kev, that was a lot different to every shoot interview he's ever done on the subject. He throws his biggest ever career boon under the bus. Its mad. They were talking like in 1995, WWF was as it was today. The talk of "WCW had no merchandise or licensing compared to the WWF" was crazy. Who was selling merchandise in 1995/96 for WWF? Hulkster shirt, the nWo shirt and the Sting scorpion shirt were the biggest sellers in the business by a country mile. The Syxx-ball shirt was selling more than anything WWF was selling. WWF's merch was rotten in 1996. They were all pictures of people with their shirts off or leather Shawn Michaels hats. JJ Dillons point about WCW never doing well on PPV was idiotic as well, because its simply not true. Then to say "it hurt that they wanted to put all the people in this company who had jobs out of business" was hypocritical as well, after all the territory's WWF put out of business in the mid-80s. Then they actually bash WCW for making their production values better, calling it wasting money. It makes you wonder if anyone of them are aware of how daft its coming across as. WCW's history has enough material to easily put together a case to have a proper laugh at it. Why would they even need to lie?

At least Jim Ross stuck up for Tony when the Mankind incident was brought up. I told you people liked him!

I need to watch it back but I thought he was on about getting the nWo back together (referencing the third time) to face Goldberg.

They were talking about the Finger Poke of Doom angle and Nash said something like "and then we went to Salisbury....." as if it was the very next week and the story turns out to be when Goldberg sliced his arm open during the Bret Hart/nWo 2000 era almost a year later. Anyone who doesn't know the timeline of things would have been given the deliberate impression that the two things happened within days/weeks of each other. Nash even blames the failure of the Finger Poke of Doom angle on Goldberg cutting his arm up and the nWo having no top babyface to work against!!

Yeah it does come off looking rather silly to have Nash rant about how poor the merch dept was and they follow it with an advert shilling all the shirts, hats and teddy bears. The nwo shirt has to be one of the top 3 shirts in the history of wrestling. The outsiders one was hot as well. I personally own 2 of those bad boys.

Never got round to buying the Shawn heartshaped sunnies tho.....

• Paid Members
They were talking about the Finger Poke of Doom angle and Nash said something like "and then we went to Salisbury....." as if it was the very next week and the story turns out to be when Goldberg sliced his arm open during the Bret Hart/nWo 2000 era almost a year later. Anyone who doesn't know the timeline of things would have been given the deliberate impression that the two things happened within days/weeks of each other. Nash even blames the failure of the Finger Poke of Doom angle on Goldberg cutting his arm up and the nWo having no top babyface to work against!!

That is odd then. That's why I thought he was on about the third time as another example*, as it's such a big oversight/lie.

*They did go on about getting the biggest heel possible ready for Goldberg, so I thought he was using the third time (nWo black & silver) as another example.

What happened to your WCW site CTX? I miss looking at it. Its inactive at the minute. Gutted.

No idea! The last time I really looked at it was whenever it was last updated in my sig. Alas all the files have been lost two computer crashes ago so nothing I can do now :( The History of the WWE site pilfered all of the promo ads (without credit!) so head over there if you're interested in those.

Yeah it does come off looking rather silly to have Nash rant about how poor the merch dept was and they follow it with an advert shilling all the shirts, hats and teddy bears. The nwo shirt has to be one of the top 3 shirts in the history of wrestling. The outsiders one was hot as well. I personally own 2 of those bad boys.

Never got round to buying the Shawn heartshaped sunnies tho.....

^^^ This (look at me, I'm down with the kids)

The nWo was one of the coolest brands in Wrestling, no matter how you sliced it. Even now, if CM Punk started a group that called itself the nWo, a sizable chunk of IWC would foul themselves with excitment.

That being said, perhaps JR was referring to the way that royalties filtered down to the individual talent. For example, if I bought an nWo shirt in 1997 would royalties go to the core group, or would Vincent, Scott Norton et al get a few tenths of a cent too?

It's sad that despite being dead for over a decade nobody's willing to talk positively about WCW, did anyone notice how aggressively JR corrected Gene when he misspoke and said that Nitro beat Raw in the ratings for eighty-six consecutive weeks instead of eighty-three, or whatever it was? Also the hypocrisy of Hayes objecting to WCW "trying to put everyone in the WWE out of work" was spectacular, especially when you consider what would eventually become of WCW. Nash talking about how he never wanted to leave the WWE then bragging about WCW adding $400,000 to his already lucrative contract due to a misunderstanding was nauseating, would it really have hurt to put over WCW for making him incredibly wealthy? Some of those guys are so indoctrinated that it's almost comical, I know that they're on the WWE's payroll and have to tow the company line but these shows are supposed to be about wrestling history from the perspective of those who were there to witness it firsthand, you can't just rewrite history because the truth is inconvenient.

• Paid Members
For example, if I bought an nWo shirt in 1997 would royalties go to the core group, or would Vincent, Scott Norton et al get a few tenths of a cent too?

The original three members of the group and obviously Eric Bischoff got the royalties, because of their contracts stating a large chunk of the profits from merchandise sales. Probably one of the reasons why X-Pac had an nWo shirt with his logo on the back, to throw him a bone as far as tallying up his own merch sales. I believe Randy Savage used to mostly wear a "nWo MADNESS" shirt as well. If you noticed, the big stars in the group wouldnt wear a normal nWo shirt much when it hit big. The Outsiders had their own shirt, Hogan used to where the "Hollywood Rules" shirt, Savage had his "Madness" shirt, Syxx-pac had his "Syxx Ball" shirt. So as well as the main lads splitting the profits, they also had their own gimmicks to sell as well.

Archived