TNA's standout star

Ron Simmons

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'm not completely following the idea of the BFG series...does the winner get a shot at the PPV, or is there a "finals" match there or something?

IIRC the final four have a match at the September PPV and the winner gets the shot. Kind of like the Play-offs.

• Paid Members
Honestly, Madison Rayne as the stand out star? MADISON RAYNE?

I only said Madison Rayne in jest because it originally said you couldnt have worked for WCW or WWF/WWE and then the thread mentioned Robert Roode and Joe having worked for WWE as a jobber and then Styles having worked for WCW, your down to the bare bones of Eric Young and Madison Rayne if you take all them away. That Madison Rayne and Tara feud was a motherfucker. I'm surprised it ended, it went on so long. And it was the same thing every week.

If you want to make out the unrealistic rule of having worked for WWE or WCW, I'd say AJ Styles is ahead of Robert Roode at the minute, just for how he's percieved and the level of matches he has on a monthly basis. I think Styles is one of the best wrestlers in the world, by a long margine and definitely one of the most consistant. He can have a great match with EVERYBODY.

• Paid Members
IIRC the final four have a match at the September PPV and the winner gets the shot. Kind of like the Play-offs.

Ah, I mistakenly thought BFG was the next PPV coming up. Having Googled I can now see it's in October, so there's some time yet. Interesting idea, although I'm pretty shocked to see that friggin' D-Von's one of the top ranked wrestlers at this point.

I only said Madison Rayne in jest because it originally said you couldnt have worked for WCW or WWF/WWE and then the thread mentioned Robert Roode and Joe having worked for WWE as a jobber and then Styles having worked for WCW, your down to the bare bones of Eric Young and Madison Rayne if you take all them away. That Madison Rayne and Tara feud was a motherfucker. I'm surprised it ended, it went on so long. And it was the same thing every week.

If you want to make out the unrealistic rule of having worked for WWE or WCW, I'd say AJ Styles is ahead of Robert Roode at the minute, just for how he's percieved and the level of matches he has on a monthly basis. I think Styles is one of the best wrestlers in the world, by a long margine and definitely one of the most consistant. He can have a great match with EVERYBODY.

The WCW/WWE thing was a secondary question from the start of the thread, although I altered the secondary question to clarify I meant someone who hasn't worked for WWE full-time.

Surprised no one has mentioned Gunner, hes definately been great and I don't think TNA really knew what they were doing when pushing him but it turned out really well and hes superb at being a mentalist!

Obviously Robert Roode, there is money in that man.

Crimson is alright, but he always gets an extra star for his Sky High finishing move.

• Paid Members

To go for someone who hasn't been picked already I'm going to say Austin Aries. I just absolutely love the guy. He has such an old school heel vibe about him and a great look. If someone like Daniel Bryan can be successful in WWE I'm sure Aries could potentially in the future. Although he is getting on a bit now surely?

His conversation with Shelly after he beat Shannon Moore was brilliant:

Shelly: You cheated. Everybody saw it.

Aries: *Shrugs* Not everybody.

• Paid Members

Yeah I know you were being facetious, but someone went on to say it afterward

• Paid Members

If you kept that rule though, AJ Styles wouldn't count - he worked for wCw in their last few months, tagged with Air Paris, IIRC.

• Paid Members
Typo. I meant to say "take out" that rule.

Ah, I see.

Agreed about the point that AJ's currently ahead of Roode - Roode hasn't yet had his "elevation match" yet, and also AJ's had the lion's share of the creative efforts to push main-eventers.

Does anybody see a possible Joe push for the Bound For Glory series? I can't help but think this whole losing streak is gonna end soon and a few submission victories will gain him the victory. It also would be great and fresh to see him back in the main event scene. It would work a treat. Otherwise I am not sure where his losing streak is getting him. As if we want to be realistic the only guys who will realistically win it to main event there "biggest event of the year" are really Styles and Joe.

• Moderators
It also would be great and fresh to see him back in the main event scene.

There's not much great about a lazy and unmotivated Joe in the main event in my opinion. Especially instead of a Roode or someone of that ilk.

Archived