Sting - Best thing in Wrestling at the moment?

I must admit when i heard that Sting had returned to TNA this year i was very cynical, and thought that unfortunately it was going to be another phoned in set, like to be honest most of Stings performances since 1998. Sting has really surprised me though. He looks in the best shape since 1996 (barring the one of BFG Jarrett match), whih is a helluva feat since hes 52. Hes moving great, looks motivated as hell and heck even his hairline looks thicker. Im totally shocked and im loving his deranged escapades. For me he is the best thing in wrestling right now and has reminded me of why i loved him so much in the mid 90's. The fire, missing from the last 13-14 years is definately back and he really looks up for it, which in a way makes me sad that there has been so few occassions of this over the last 10 years.

I do have to ask why now though?, what has changed?? I hope he an go on for a few years yet, right now he looks 10 years younger!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he was mostly wrestling in a t-shirt nowadays , that doesnt suggest good shape, I also think his character is ridiculously OTT, admittedly from the little I watch TNA, it just doesnt seem to suit him at all but its all about opinions and I havent seen much so I may be a little short sighted in my observations

• Paid Members

Sting was better in 2008 during his feud with Samoa Joe than now. Sting usually does well when he's on the microphone. I dont know what visual damaging drugs JRPO's been using recently, but how the fuck do you think he's in the best shape he's been since 1996?

Sting of 2000:

sting-wwe.jpg

Sting of 2006:

sting_champ.JPG

Sting of 2007:

20607.jpg

Sting of 2008:

2939817739_3f8fe9e1a1.jpg

Sting of 2009:

sting_tna_superstar_18-.jpg

Sting of 2011:

StingTakesOutAbyss.jpg

He's probably in the worst shape of his career. I like his current character. Dont love it as much as those into it, and dont dislike it as much as those who arent into it. I think its a change for him, which is good.

• Paid Members

As a huge Sting fan, I find his current persona is different but I don't find it any better than what he's done in the past. In fact, I hope it's a short-term thing as Sting isn't really an actor, I can't get into his Joker character as I think he's going too over the top with it.

He's far from the worst shape of his career guys, hes certainly in the best shape since that one off BFG match which is pictured there. When he first retruned to TNA he didnt look good at all

Heres Sting 2001

51.jpg

Heres Sting in 2003

stingtnawrestling.jpg

Heres Sting in 2006

Sting-in-TNA-.jpg

Heres Sting 2011

IMG_0523_650.jpg

• Paid Members
Heres Sting 2001

51.jpg

Sting from 2001? Did WCW use TNA's turnbuckles in 2001?

Heres Sting in 2003

stingtnawrestling.jpg

He'd just came back from a year out in 2002 for the WWA (hense the WWA title). Still isnt in as bad a shape as now.

Heres Sting in 2006

Sting-in-TNA-.jpg

He'd just came back after years out again. And that was the last show he did before taking months off to get in the kind of shape he got in for his matches with Jarrett.

Heres Sting 2011

IMG_0523_650.jpg

Thats a picture where's he's tensing his muscles and he still doesnt look in as good a shape as the other pictures you posted. Anyway your point was he looked in the best shape since 1996. That isnt the case using anyones logic. And he usually wears a TV for a lot of TV tapings.

• Paid Members
I accept 96 is probably a push. Certainly since 2000. Dont you think he looks leaner, and more tighter?

No. He doesnt. Its obviously to anyone who has eyes. I'm a big Sting fan, but he's 52. The Devil has the best gear, so he's all natural. His shoulder is fucked still. He's all gimmick in 2011, which is good because he isnt a body wrestler. But its pointless pretending he looks in better shape than he is. He's like Alice Cooper.

So just me that doesn't think he's changed all that much over the last 10 years? Not better, not worse, just pretty much the same as he's looked since WCW closed. Apart from the aformentioned match with Jarrett and a few minor changes to do with getting older he still looks pretty much the same as ever to me.

• Paid Members

Can we have this thread re-named "Perve at Sting's pecs thread" please?

Let's be fair, we all love a bit of Dting, as Dusty used to call him. Personally I predict my interest in his character development to peak right around January.

Archived